Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Mobile PAYG - €25 Topup, Double Credit, 5000 Texts and 15GB Data

Options
  • 11-03-2013 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭

Strong new PAYG offer from Tesco Mobile

Topup by 25eur or more in one go and get for 30 days

- Another 25eur bonus credit to use for calls
    - 5000 any network texts
    - 15 GB data (tethering allowed)
    - Free Tesco Mobile to Tesco Mobile calls, texts and picture messages

Use the 25 Eur you topped up with for international, roaming, premium, locall numbers.

See below
    http://shop.tescomobile.ie/pay-as-you-go-plans.aspx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

If you are on the triple credit for life as I am then presumably you get €75!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭slegs

kn wrote: »
    If you are on the triple credit for life as I am then presumably you get €75!

I am and yes you do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Its a stonking offer, :eek: because you don't have to use your paid for credit to get the benefits.

It includes virtually unlimited data and texts, so its likely the free €25 will be spent on calls. €25 gets you 125 anytime minutes of calls at 20c per minute. I suppose everyone on the Unlimited 30 day SIM only for €35 will switch!

PS. I think you can phone up and ask for the triple credit, a few people have gotten it.

Have to say that I find Tescomobile the best operator in Ireland for the basic stuff. OK they do not do iphones etc but if all you want is to make calls texts and a functioning internet service then its perfectly good. Decent on prices but they excel on customer service which is based in Ireland and is actually staffed by real human beings!

Oracle wrote: »
    Its a stonking offer, :eek: because you don't have to use your paid for credit to get the benefits.

It includes virtually unlimited data and texts, so its likely the free €25 will be spent on calls. €25 gets you 125 anytime minutes of calls at 20c per minute.

And you still have a €25 balance even after the 125 minutes of calls (or 250 minutes for those on triple credit).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭qwertypop

And you still have a €25 balance even after the 125 minutes of calls (or 250 minutes for those on triple credit).

How do you mean you still have 25 euros. Won't you spend that on the calls.

Or is this a really stupid question

This is the first real challenge to Three Prepay AYCE data offer. 125/250 anytime minutes is better than unlimited weekend calls. It even beats their new Billpay €20.33 SIM only plan with just 250 mins and 200 texts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

qwertypop wrote: »

Double credit

Top up by €25 you get an extra €25 on double credit that you have 30 days to use solely on calls as data and texts already come free separately meaning you can make 125 minutes of calls and still have the €25 top up on your cash balance.

PS calls to other Tescomobile users are free while you have a valid top up running i.e. 30 days from your last top up.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭fast_eddie

I suppose everyone on the Unlimited 30 day SIM only for €35 will switch!

I wouldn't rush into switching, I'm happy with the 30-day SIM only deal.

Looking at the T's & C's for this offer, it's only valid from March 1st to June 30th.

Of course they may well have another comparable offer after that...

Cheers,
    Eddie

EDIT - sorry, those are the dates when the offer is available, but once you sign up keep paying the eur25 per month top up, you keep the same contract conditions...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

PS. I think you can phone up and ask for the triple credit, a few people have gotten it.

What did they say to get it? I switched 6 weeks ago and didn't know about the triple credit offer. I'd be well chuffed to get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

so the credit expires after 30 days no? rubbish

The original 25eur doesn't expire. The bonus credit is valid for 30 days but is used first ahead of the original topup.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Worth noting also that you can use €7 credit to get 30 days 1gb data once your initial 15gb 30 days runs out so you can keep your credit going for an additional 30 days and also use cabbage to send free webtexts therefore keeping the remainder of your credit solely for calls for another 30 days (depending on how heavy of a call/texter you are of course).

I currently get close to 3 months out of a €20 top up through 3 using this method (they give an extra €10 with a top-up) so don't think I'd change but this is an excellent offer and definitely one to consider for others. I think the likes of vodafone and o2 will have to start offering some better deals if they don't want to lose customers!

bazwaldo wrote: »
    What did they say to get it? I switched 6 weeks ago and didn't know about the triple credit offer. I'd be well chuffed to get it.

One just rang customer service and asked, they were told the offer is running for the next 2 months or so. Someone else got a call from Tesco:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=83473596&postcount=15

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=83262973&postcount=370

I suppose it'd be best to ask over on the Tesco Mobile forum: http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1542

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭qwertypop

Top up by €25 you get an extra €25 on double credit that you have 30 days to use solely on calls as data and texts already come free separately meaning you can make 125 minutes of calls and still have the €25 top up on your cash balance.

PS calls to other Tescomobile users are free while you have a valid top up running i.e. 30 days from your last top up.

And what goes first your actual credit or your imaginary(double credit)????

And what goes first your actual credit or your imaginary(double credit)????

The double (bonus) credit gets used first. The original 25eur is only used after the bonus credit has expired or if a call is made that cant be charged to bonus credit like an international call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Are data speeds on tesco mobile the exact same as on 02 or are they restricted at all as they are only piggy backing? Also while i'm here, how reliable is cabbage for sending tesco webtexts?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭emo72

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Are data speeds on tesco mobile the exact same as on 02 or are they restricted at all as they are only piggy backing? Also while i'm here, how reliable is cabbage for sending tesco webtexts?

Hi,i don't use cabbage so can't comment. However the speed is fine. I can watch YouTube fine.

On data speeds there does appear to be some restriction but on cabbage, which I use myself, it is perfectly OK. 200 domestic and 50 international messages free IIRC.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

On data speeds there does appear to be some restriction but on cabbage, which I use myself, it is perfectly OK. 200 domestic and 50 international messages free IIRC.

Speed would be very important to me but i might give it a go for a month. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭PeWu79

Speed would be very important to me but i might give it a go for a month. Thanks.

Download speed limited to max 2Mb/s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

i rang Tesco Today, I am on the €35 deal at the moment. The lad told me the €25 offer was only for the next few months and ends in June.

He said if i switch I might not be able to go back to my €35 deal as that may be finished too..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭Stavro Mueller

I'm with them and have never found the speeds anything to write home about. It's not an issue for me at the moment but it could drive other people around the twist I'm sure. There is a cap as confirmed in this thread http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2056876769

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

There seems to be a cap on data at 1Mbps download. It is reasonable, but that is at maximum capacity, so it all depends on usage and location.

As for the rest, it is a good offer. However, compare your needs versus Three.

€5 more for 2,000 more texts, but less internet usage, some included call time, and less network only calls.
    I'll stick with 3Pay for that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭ando

For 7 euro more you get 45000 minutes to any network/landline, 10,000 txts and 15Gb of data per month with no restriction on speeds (I've seen it at 7.9 Mbps) with eMobile sim only plan. Still Havnt seen any package that can beat that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

ando wrote: »
    For 7 euro more you get 45000 minutes to any network/landline, 10,000 txts and 15Gb of data per month with no restriction on speeds (I've seen it at 7.9 Mbps) with eMobile sim only plan. Still Havnt seen any package that can beat that

is tethering allowed on the emobile deal like with the tesco one?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭fast_eddie

ando wrote: »
    For 7 euro more you get 45000 minutes

Crikey - :eek: - 45000 minutes is longer than any calendar month!

31 days x 24 hours x 60 minutes = 44,640...

Cheers,
    Eddie

You're not comparing like with like. The Emobile offer gives more but you're charged €32 per month for every month. Whereas with the Tesco offer you get Unlimited Texts and Unlimited Data when you top-up by €25. You don't have to use the €25, if you don't use it and only use the free credit, it stays on your balance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I rang tesco and they are sending me a sim. I'm currently on the three 20e deal but coverage isnt always great and the tethering is a big bonus with this. They wouldnt give me triple credit though.

Advertisement