Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Game Collecting Documentary

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Surely it was Lo Pan?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Which one, the seven foot tall road block or little old basket case on wheels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Which one, the seven foot tall road block or little old basket case on wheels

They're one and the same Jack

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭kevmcdonnell

Nice documentary there lads, should really stop lurking around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

If we could come up with some sort of plan for a series like this documentary(an episode around a game, a developer, a console etc etc) and try and keep the production values around the same level (which is very well done indeed). We would have the making of a very nice show that would appeal to quite a few people online(and elsewhere, who knows :))

I'd love to push something like this, get some momentum behind it, but I think to do it right we would need quite a few people to get involved and support it.

We have the people already on this very forum who are knowledgeable in so many areas of the retro scene. Content and knowledge wouldn't be a problem.

Anyhooo, I'm hungry and lunch calls :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Give me a shout if you fancy having a chat about putting something together sure, be happy to lend a hand. Probably one holding a camera or mic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Yeah i'd be up for putting in on a project like that too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Yup i would be up for sharing my love of all things Boulder Dash

Seems like a team is assembling :0)
    I do think its something we could do if enough of us got involved. I know we have a good mix of "non retro" skills on the forum which could be put to good use.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

yeah count me in if I can be of use..;)

• Advertisement

Give me a shout if you fancy having a chat about putting something together sure, be happy to lend a hand. Probably one holding a camera or mic.

Definitely would love to have you involved. That goes without saying :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Not sure id have anything to contribute to making something like this, but id definitely watch it!

keithgeo wrote: »
    Not sure id have anything to contribute to making something like this, but id definitely watch it!

I think everyone would be able to contribute something Keith. I mean I've no interest in being in front of the camera but will do whatever I can from a technical point of view or whatever else I can.

Plus, you have a load of cabs, I'm sure that could be useful ;)

haha yeh i guess, would be great to see a few like this one.

- This could be the origins of a Irish GameChasers like show! ;)

haha yeh i guess, would be great to see a few like this one.

- This could be the origins of a Irish GameChasers like show! ;)

The most depressing of all GameChasers like shows :(
    Imagine, you'd walk to The Rage, a couple of places and finish off the show with a review of what you found(probably FIFA on megadrive).

Steve SI wrote: »
    The most depressing of all GameChasers like shows :(
    Imagine, you'd walk to The Rage, a couple of places and finish off the show with a review of what you found(probably FIFA on megadrive).

haha 20 episodes of finding Buzz controllers for the ps2 at car boots.

haha 20 episodes of finding Buzz controllers for the ps2 at car boots.

So depressing, and completely accurate :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

If we were to make an Irish version of Game Chasers, it would be one person sitting in front of their computer, browsing ebay for bargains. Wouldn't exactly make for interesting viewing :(

Although the drama of Adverts might...

computer_rage_02.08.2009.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd like to contribute but it wouldn't be for anything technical, only my vast nerdy knowledge and hypocritical opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Not all is lost. I wandered into Super Hoshi (in the Twisted Pepper on Abbey Street) he other day and picked up a Japanese Mega Drive game (Crying) for €15. Didn't think there'd be that kind of thing available offline in Ireland. Cheaper than buying stuff off Ebay anyway.

Shouts to Dr. Bob (should he not have the PHD instead of Retrogamer?) for his excellent taste in hoodies and space exploration games.

• Advertisement
Advertisement