Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flubit (New site for buying online)

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

CombatCow wrote: »
    This 3TB seagate drive ( http://amazon.co.uk/dp/B006KCX0UE ) was £98 on amazon, I asked for a quote from Flubit during which time the amazon price fell to £89, Flubit quoted me £82 inc delivery. Should get it via parcel motel over the next day or two.

I did something similar with a demand I had, they bet the original price by 9%,, the amazon price dropped close to their offer, so I rejected it and created another demand using the lower amazon price, they then bet that price by 16%!.
    I bought that demand as it was far cheaper than anywhere else.

I did have a small issue with the delivery address as they forgot my pmid but the customer service was excellent and responded very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭wayhey

god's toy wrote: »
    Yep a mixup in the shipping address and tracking number suppose didn't much help things. also told had a load going out late as google were delaying...

Can I ask how there was a mix-up with delivery? I put my surname as the middle name on my order and my PMID as the surname. If it took yours 10 days average then I hope I'll have mine by Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

wayhey wrote: »
    Can I ask how there was a mix-up with delivery? I put my surname as the middle name on my order and my PMID as the surname. If it took yours 10 days average then I hope I'll have mine by Wednesday.

Sure, when I put in my NI address on paypal I left out a key part of it and had to send an email to get Flubit to update.
    Also they gave me a tracking number but it was an old one from 6 months ago for some bloke in London... Had to send an email to get that sorted out but the same day they responded I received the phone so it was all fine in the end.

its Google who are sending out phones as all the paperwork is from them not Flubit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

gerryk wrote: »
    Ordered 1x 320GB 7200 RPM hard drive... saving shown of ~£7, or 14ish%

Received 2x 320GB 5400 RPM hard drive :confused:

Edit:

Neither of which work, as it turns out. Also, the packaging was terrible... the HDDs were in their little antistatic bags, and just packed in a jiffybag. Whenever I have bought from more mainstream suppliers, they are double boxed and packaged in layers of foam and bubblewrap.

It will be interesting to see how they fix this for you. I love shopping on amazon cause if I've got a problem with anything there's no hassle returning it. They even cover the return postage cost if you email them the receipt.

Wonder how Flub it stands in that category.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

It will be interesting to see how they fix this for you. I love shopping on amazon cause if I've got a problem with anything there's no hassle returning it. They even cover the return postage cost if you email them the receipt.

Wonder how Flub it stands in that category.

I logged a case through the form on the site, and had an email from the retailer within 24 hours offering a replacement/refund. Ok, fair enough, but from my standpoint, this is how things look:

1. I did not get what I ordered.
    2. I got 2 of what I did not order, and I had to pay Parcelmotel for the privilege of receiving both. (+3.50)
    3. Replacement or refund will cost me return postage (+7.50 each)
    4. I will have to pay Parcelmotel again for the replacement (+3.50 x 2)

By that estimation, I am out of pocket a minimum of €25, for a supposed saving of €8, and it will take another week before the project I am working on is complete.

Also, I ordered 2GB SODIMM for a Macbook, and so far, I have seen the "Restart your Mac" screen 3 times, and this morning found that instead of going to sleep when the screen was closed last night, it had hung, and that by the time I got to it, was scorching hot with the fans running top speed.

Pretty unhappy with the whole experience.

I understand that this is not the fault of Flubit, per-se, but when you choose the cheapest supplier out there, something has to give, IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Not sure if this has been asked before but my order dispatched this morning and on my flubit account they have given me a tracking number but I'm not sure what courier company its for? Can anyone shed any light on this for me please?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

kevovek wrote: »
    Not sure if this has been asked before but my order dispatched this morning and on my flubit account they have given me a tracking number but I'm not sure what courier company its for? Can anyone shed any light on this for me please?
    They can't ship it to you in Ireland. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Im using parcel motel so its being shipped to them in belfast 1st. Im just wondering has anyone else tracked a purchase using the tracking number provided by flubit?

Never mind Ive found out which company the tracking number is for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Having problems trying to submit for a quote. I have received a quote before but even though I am saying just visiting to get around the Irish location problem when I click to submit my link I get the following "Error
    We love the Irish, our social media guy is Irish, but for now sadly we can only deliver to the UK"

Have things changed in the past few days?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Still works fine here for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Seems it was the link I was posting for a quote. I was on pixmania.ie. The request went through using the .co.uk address

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

4200 MS points Flubit quoted me £29.68, a 15% saving, not bad at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

CombatCow wrote: »
    4200 MS points Flubit quoted me £29.68, a 15% saving, not bad at all.

http://www.electronicfirst.com/cheap-microsoft-points/buy-cheap-microsoft-4200-points/

30.99 and you get them straight away. Don't have to wait for the box

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Received this alarm clock today from flubbit
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Brass-Traditional-Double-Alarm-Clock/dp/B0046ZJIDA/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1364895704&sr=8-6

£9.69 on amazon

£8.30 delivered

Admitiedly I am in the uk so it's handy for me. All packaged very well.

Ordered a shower motor which I'm still waiting on, no dipsatch email yet and it was ordered before the clock so maybe has a longer route to come.

Fair play OP for finding this, they wouldn't let me post it on hukd as it's not a vetted supplier I was told, at least bargain alerts let you share it!

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Markjsca1

Just got this Nespresso U machine through flubit:

9d15c5d9-60b9-4721-b933-5b4f980e6dd5_ipad_overview.png

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Krups-Nespresso-XN250A40-Coffee-Machine/dp/B008YD7V8O/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1364912519&sr=8-2 (£108)

I found the cheapest place for it through shopping.google.co.uk which was here: http://www.pots-and-pans.co.uk/krups-nespresso-u-pulse-coffee-machine-taupe#.UVrpNpMqbjt (£36.74 + £15.99 Postage to Dublin or Parcel Motel) I had originally placed the order with this crowd however got an email saying the item would take a week to come back into stock, so cancelled and tried flubit.

Sent that pots and pans product link onto flubit yesterday and just got offered £30.94 (free postage to Parcel Motel in NI) so I went with that.

Also able to apply to get a €50 voucher for coffee from nespresso.com here once the machine arrives:
    http://www.nespresso.com/promo_spring_2013/IE_en/yep/pixie/?icid=IEen_lesite_Mar13_Int_MGMTRADESPRING_homepage

If you want the Aerocino, you could try flubit with this link:
    http://www.pots-and-pans.co.uk/krups-nespresso-u-pulse-coffee-machine-aeroccino-taupe#.UVrtuZMqbjs

Buying a Tesla? Get free credits using my referral link https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/mark65212

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

So I received my WD Red hard drive today. After the reports of faulty/wrong drives being supplied, I was a bit worried. It arrived in a factory sealed WD anti static bag. It was packed in a padded envelope which was packed in a box with thelarge bubble wrap dealies. Good and snug too. Works perfectly.

Delighted with it, especially considering the price!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Received this alarm clock today from flubbit
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Brass-Traditional-Double-Alarm-Clock/dp/B0046ZJIDA/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1364895704&sr=8-6

£9.69 on amazon

£8.30 delivered

Admitiedly I am in the uk so it's handy for me. All packaged very well.

Ordered a shower motor which I'm still waiting on, no dipsatch email yet and it was ordered before the clock so maybe has a longer route to come.

Fair play OP for finding this, they wouldn't let me post it on hukd as it's not a vetted supplier I was told, at least bargain alerts let you share it!

I think that translates to "they dont give us a cut"

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

I'm looking to build a new gaming PC rig for my game review website soon, so, I've been getting prices of parts through Flubit to give me an idea of how much discount I can get and whether choosing what the item is for (ie. "Gift" "Treat for me" etc) will give you different discounts.

I found the cheapest UK site with the new Kingston Hyper-X Black 16GB (2x8GB) RAM pack, which is Amazon at £68 - the next cheapest (according to Google Shopping) is £81, so, Amazon is the cheapest by far. Flubit came back with an offer of £60.89, an excellent 12% discount. The interesting bit is that the supplier for this item is "Market Monkey", so, I checked out their website and found that they are selling this RAM from their own site at nearly £95!

(http://www.marketmonkey.co.uk/kingston-hyperx-blu-black-series-pc-memory-16-gb-2-x-8-gb-ddr3-1600-pc3-12800-khx16c10b1bk2-16x.html)

So, Flubit has managed to get RAM for less than £60.89 (because they have to make their own profit) from a site that is selling the RAM directly to consumers for £95. Very interesting that both Flubit was able to get that much off from Market Monkey and that Market Monkey are tacking on such a heavy extra profit on the RAM when selling directly to consumers.

stimpson wrote: »
    So I received my WD Red hard drive today. After the reports of faulty/wrong drives being supplied, I was a bit worried. It arrived in a factory sealed WD anti static bag. It was packed in a padded envelope which was packed in a box with thelarge bubble wrap dealies. Good and snug too. Works perfectly.

Delighted with it, especially considering the price!

Good to hear it.

I will say this, however... Flubit have really been going above and beyond to make sure I get sorted with my issues. I have an email chain of >25 emails with their support staff making sure that all my issues are resolved. They even refunded my Parcel Motel charges!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I saw somebody got a nexus 4 quote, then another 50 percent off, was told they had gotten a golden offer. Nice!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

I asked for the price on Nexus 10 ,let's see if they can beat Google Play price (£319 currently)

I too did this earlier, on both versions on amazon, to see if they would jsut give me a bit off the amazon price or would they go lower than the google store.
    use a vpn to see that price was it? 319£

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

Jarren wrote: »
    I asked for the price on Nexus 10 ,let's see if they can beat Google Play price (£319 currently)

Tell us what they say please!

I think they are a bit like a cash back site except we get the money off and then they keep the cashback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

I too did this earlier, on both versions on amazon, to see if they would jsut give me a bit off the amazon price or would they go lower than the google store.
    use a vpn to see that price was it? 319£

index.php?q=aHR0cHM6Ly9saDQuZ2dwaHQuY29tL01HUmpOZy12cGp6dGVrUUFRbHBabmtXYkc0bmgtWjg2cDhjYV9fa3h2aGVhT0I3WC1hbk5OTS1kX2QzM2kzcDFpdTFfPXcxODA%3D

£319

index.php?q=aHR0cHM6Ly9saDYuZ2dwaHQuY29tL091dDYzamc3bWVWeXNmdEt6NWFYQTc5eG1GUjNkbGZLc0VEZk1lcE1sVERxTkU2UzVtQWUzOEFISlUzMHgwZXVkSVoyPXcxODA%3D

£389

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

More on how Flubit makes its dosh
    Flubit is able to offer lower prices because it deals with manufacturers directly, removing the costs associated with selling on other platforms such as commissions and click-ins.
    The company has been around for 18 months or so and has grown. quickly, from a fledgling group of four people based in a small bedroom in Stephens' own house a couple of years ago, the company now has 35 employees based across two floors of an office building in Hoxton.
    Stephens says that the conversion rate for Flubit is around one in three which is huge in comparison to other businesses such as Groupon and Wowcher, and it is this potential which has seen investors value the company at $5 million.
    http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/453092/20130403/flubit-london-start-up-aiming-next-amazon.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,704 ✭✭✭Raoul

I saw somebody got a nexus 4 quote, then another 50 percent off, was told they had gotten a golden offer. Nice!

'twas I! :pac:

I thought it way too good to be true. Can't wait to get the phone now though.

So what did it come to in the end? That's awesome, congrats.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,704 ✭✭✭Raoul

So what did it come to in the end? That's awesome, congrats.

I was actually buying 2. I will post a screenshot now.

Edit

an office building in Hoxton

They must be doing well to afford a gaff there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

That's insane, you lucky boy!

Advertisement