Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get 700 Free Comics from Marvel

Options
  • 10-03-2013 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

from ign
    A couple of weeks ago, Marvel launched a "Marvel First" teaser campaign. At SXSW, Marvel revealed what that was all about -- the publisher is giving away 700 free first issues via Comixology. Yes, 700.
    That includes recent Marvel NOW! launches like All-New X-Men, The Avengers, New Avengers, Superior Spider-Man, and Captain America. It also includes the usual favorites like Hawkeye, Daredevil, and Captain Marvel, and so many more. Events, mini-series, old volumes... a whopping number of those first issues are free. So if there's anything you've been on the fence about trying, now's your chance to do it free of charge.

http://www.comixology.com/Marvel-Free-First-Issues/comics-collection/1001/

But the freebies only last until Tuesday, so get on it.

server load is high..stick with it and you will get in

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

page doesn't work?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Zombienosh wrote: »
    page doesn't work?

It does,just keep reloading it until you get in.Digital copies-damn,I can get them elsewhere for free,was hoping for hard copies.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

I'm "only" getting 395 comics, is there a second page or something...?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

blastman wrote: »
    I'm "only" getting 395 comics, is there a second page or something...?

I'm guessing 305 of them have been snapped up..?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Tried using there android app keep getting billing service unavailable or that there's no WiFi connection messages grrrr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭randombar

Allyall wrote: »
    I'm guessing 305 of them have been snapped up..?

Eh their digital??

The way i read it is, Marvel are giving away 700 copies of their first editions.

The way OP seems to have read it, Marvel are giving away 700 copies to everyone..
    GaryCocs wrote: »
    Eh their digital??

Yeah, that's what i wasn't sure about. Are they?

I thought they were giving first come first served - 700 first editions.. If ya get me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Gatling wrote: »
    Tried using there android app keep getting billing service unavailable or that there's no WiFi connection messages grrrr

Yeah I can't log in either. Managed to get a few comics 'bought' earlier this morning but I haven't been able to get back in since.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭darconio

Been trying all day from the main website, I finally managed to register and confirm my account (that took about 4 hours). Every time I finally add a comic to the cart it just goes in an infinite http 500 error.
    It would be good if these could be shared by somebody that managed to download them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

darconio wrote: »
    Been trying all day from the main website, I finally managed to register and confirm my account (that took about 4 hours). Every time I finally add a comic to the cart it just goes in an infinite http 500 error.
    It would be good if these could be shared by somebody that managed to download them

Exactly what I've been getting ,registered on the website ,have the android app which keeps saying wrong password the same password I'm logging into the main marvel site with, total shambles

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Yeah someone just upload the pdfs somewhere and post a link! :D

Oracle wrote: »
    Yeah someone just upload the pdfs somewhere and post a link! :D

I think you can only view them online, but not download.. :confused:

They work in the app, apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Ya I've downloaded 183 comics on the ipad app but it says download error on a lot of them? Help anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

It appears they have stalled the promotion for the time being, but they ask for an email address to contact you when the restart it.
    So try logging back in and following prompt to leave an email address.

244670.jpg

Yeah that's the message I'm getting:

"A Message From The CEO
    Posted on March 11th, 2013 - 16:07 PM by David Steinberger

To our customers:

It’s been a whirlwind weekend, and we’re fresh from SXSW where Marvel Comics launched their Marvel #1 promotion featuring over 700 free comics distributed via our platform.

We expected a high degree of excitement for the Marvel initiative – and had believed ourselves prepared – but unfortunately we became overwhelmed by the immense response. We’re still struggling to keep our systems up.

The result is that you aren’t getting your comics when and where you want.

We don’t like letting you down. Our teams are working around the clock to resolve these issues so that you can have the experience you’ve come to expect.

To that end, we’re pausing the Marvel Comics #1 promotion for the time being. For those of you that want to take advantage of the offer – you will get your comics! Until we are able to reinstate this program in our systems, please click here and fill out this simple form, so you can be informed as soon as there is an update.

We’ll be communicating with you as often as we can and deeply appreciate the outpouring of support we’ve seen from our customers while we right the ship.

David Steinberger
    CEO and co-founder
    comiXology"

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

At the moment I have 108 comics which are in waiting or download error mode..., will they eventually download , it's on the Ipad marvel app...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

Yeah that's the message I'm getting:

"A Message From The CEO
    Posted on March 11th, 2013 - 16:07 PM by David Steinberger

To our customers:

It’s been a whirlwind weekend, and we’re fresh from SXSW where Marvel Comics launched their Marvel #1 promotion featuring over 700 free comics distributed via our platform.

We expected a high degree of excitement for the Marvel initiative – and had believed ourselves prepared – but unfortunately we became overwhelmed by the immense response. We’re still struggling to keep our systems up.

The result is that you aren’t getting your comics when and where you want.

We don’t like letting you down. Our teams are working around the clock to resolve these issues so that you can have the experience you’ve come to expect.

To that end, we’re pausing the Marvel Comics #1 promotion for the time being. For those of you that want to take advantage of the offer – you will get your comics! Until we are able to reinstate this program in our systems, please click here and fill out this simple form, so you can be informed as soon as there is an update.

We’ll be communicating with you as often as we can and deeply appreciate the outpouring of support we’ve seen from our customers while we right the ship.

David Steinberger
    CEO and co-founder
    comiXology"

So far, all I have seen is advertising from comixology. Nice trick to get a bunch of valid emails for free, though. Make a promise you don't have to keep... send a bunch of unsolicited emails instead. F*ckers.

gerryk wrote: »
    So far, all I have seen is advertising from comixology. Nice trick to get a bunch of valid emails for free, though. Make a promise you don't have to keep... send a bunch of unsolicited emails instead. F*ckers.

Same here, I unsubscribed from them

Just received this one:
    Since you asked for updates about the Marvel #1 promotion, we wanted to let you know that we have been working hard to make things right, and now...*drumroll please*...you are among the first to know how to get your hands on them.

Because you already have a comiXology account, no further action is needed at this time, and you’ll be the first in line.

On Thursday, April 11th, we will begin sending out invites with your personalized link to access over 700 FREE Marvel #1 issues, so be on the lookout for your email! Please add noreply@comixology.com to your address book so things don't get caught in your junk mail.

Once you receive your Marvel #1 invite, you will have 48 hours to choose your FREE Marvel #1 issues!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

Got the same myself... perhaps they will redeem themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Same here, I unsubscribed from them
    I'm going to do the same. The emails don't seem to have a standardised 'unsubscribe' link however.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

I got my email to download them

I got my email to download them

Same here, it looks like you can only read them online though (E.G. no download as pdf option)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Got the e-mail as well....downloaded to my Note II but kinda darn hard on the eyes to read :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,125 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

madmoe wrote: »
    Got the e-mail as well....downloaded to my Note II but kinda darn hard on the eyes to read :-(
    If it's the same as the iPad app, you can double-tap to zoom in, then tap to go panel to panel. I liked reading that way, but others may prefer the full page per screen view as it's more like a traditional comic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

i got link at midnight and when try to log in get told the link is invalid and to wait for the link in an email :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Ok .. bought my 'free' comics .. their all on my account online .. how do I get them to sync on my Android Tablet :/ ?

*EDIT* Never Mind ... I am a tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Ok .. bought my 'free' comics .. their all on my account online .. how do I get them to sync on my Android Tablet :/ ?

*EDIT* Never Mind ... I am a tool.

How many were you able to get? I just have two so far.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

madmoe wrote: »
    How many were you able to get? I just have two so far.....

Their all bought and in 'My Comics' you don't have to download them all at once from my understanding.

Advertisement