Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

astec alarm battery change

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 gilliannoel

Thanks tried that , I think the keypad is locked or I'm not doig it right is there a chance you could send me a engineers manual ,thanks again

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I PMed you that manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 joosnd

KoolKid wrote: »
    Ill send you the manual. But it doesn't really tell you much on changing that battery. I'll try explain it here as easy as I can.

Turn off the mains power to the panel.
    Turn the 2 plastic screws on the top lid to vertical & pull that lid off towards you.
    Remove the 3 holding screws for the main cover using a small Phillips screwdriver. There are 2 screws recessed at centre left & right of the panel. The 3rd is under the warranty sticker.
    Remove the lid carefully it will still be connected via the neon spur cables.
    Remove the battery link to the very right of the PCB , beside the bell connections.
    Remove the main PCB by removing the 2 screws . One in the centre & one to the right. You will now see the back up battery. If the original battery is still in place you will need to cut the cable tie to release it. Lift it out ,top first, and remove the 2 battery leads.
    Replace with the new battery ensuring the connections are correct. Red to red etc..
    Replace the battery back the same way, bottom first with the terminals nearest you. Ensure the cables are tucked behind the terminals so that they can't be squashed when the main PCB goes back on.
    Replace everything in the same way and remember to replace the battery link before replacing the top cover.
    After you replace the battery link the alarm will sound, you can disarm it using your user code.

Yesterday, I followed these 3 year old instructions to the dot, and changing the battery went like a charm. No glitches or hiccups, and alarm is up and running again.

Just wanted to say thanks!

Cheers,
    /j.

Advertisement