Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving bank of Ireland

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi working fool,

I had a very busy weekend, thank you for asking.

We have not restructured our charges, the only changes made were to the qualifing criteria for our No Transaction Fee Offer.

You can see the full information here. If you have specific queries regarding the fee category on your own account, please call your branch directly.

Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

Hi working fool,

I had a very busy weekend, thank you for asking.

We have not restructured our charges, the only changes made were to the qualifing criteria for our No Transaction Fee Offer.

You can see the full information here. If you have specific queries regarding the fee category on your own account, please call your branch directly.

Thanks
    Linda

Would it not have made better practice to inform me of the changes when they happened ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi working fool,

We announced this change through the following methods;
    • A press notice in the Current Accounts section of our website.
    • Adverts in two national newspapers on 19/09/2012 - 2 months prior to implementation which fully meeds the Central Bank of Irelands regulations.
    • In branch signage.
    • On all Personal Current Account statements since November both paper and eStatements.
    • Through our social media channels, boards.ie, Facebook and Twitter.

If you have further queries regarding change in criteria, you may find the information you are looking for in the forum or by contacting your branch direclty to discuss the particulars of your account.

Thank you very much.
    Linda

Hi working fool,

We announced this change through the following methods;
    • A press notice in the Current Accounts section of our website.
    • Adverts in two national newspapers on 19/09/2012 - 2 months prior to implementation which fully meeds the Central Bank of Irelands regulations.
    • In branch signage.
    • On all Personal Current Account statements since November both paper and eStatements.
    • Through our social media channels, boards.ie, Facebook and Twitter.

If you have further queries regarding change in criteria, you may find the information you are looking for in the forum or by contacting your branch direclty to discuss the particulars of your account.

Thank you very much.
    Linda

I must be very unlucky to have missed all that
    Must double cheak my last paper statement .
    I use the iPhone 365 app not the website
    I don't often read the times
    Working for a living I don't get time to visit the bank juring your working hours
    First I heard of your charges was when a friend was giving out about your new policy on face book

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 295 ✭✭joetoad

Since you were never notified of the fees you can request the money back and close your account. I recently moved from BOI as well as about 20 others I know. As they say the rich get richer, the poor get poorer

• Advertisement

joetoad wrote: »
    Since you were never notified of the fees you can request the money back and close your account. I recently moved from BOI as well as about 20 others I know. As they say the rich get richer, the poor get poorer

That's a good point
    Which bank did you go to ?

Advertisement