Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody fancy a lay a day?

Options
  • 08-03-2013 9:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭

For my next silly scheme I've decided to do a little laying log(no pun intended).
    Ive lodged 100 for a starting bank. Gonna start off laying anything from horses to football teams I think are too short. Max liability for anyone lay is going to be €10 until/if we increase our bank to €250 or €300 then may increase it or withdraw original stake for the free roll :).

I'm gonna have to do this on Betdaq though because I already have a stash on betfair for Cheltenham/League of Ireland betting purposes.
    Lays may vary from one every few days to loads in a day. There's no set time limit.
    Feel free to stick up anything you think is too short a price or just isn't capable of winning. I'll be back at some stage with my first lay.
    BTW I'm aware what I'm doing is not strictly a lay a day but those kind of restrictions would be stupid imo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Picked 3 horses to lay today. Changing ground recently means horses a little shorter than they should be I'm hoping.

1) Leicster 3.35 Lay Ravethebrave @2.37 his win last time was on soft ground and there is enough in the race for me to oppose him. Rash move won on good ground the time before last (good and good to firm in places today). His mistake late the last day took it out of him or he'd have taken much closer order. Also classinglass and presentandcorrect both won a PTP last time out.
    Laying Ravethebrave for €5 to lose €6.85

2) Ayr 3.45 laying Ballabriggan @2.1
    Not bad form of late was 3rd of 4 last time in a novice chase and his recent win was in a h'cap hurdle.
    Quintara and 3 other all making chasing debut today so could be anything really. Twentypoundluck made his chase debut last time out was hampered late on having led a long way and would have finessed closer imo. Again there's enough there for me to 2.1 is too short about the jolly.

Laying Ballabriggan for €5 to lose €5.50

3) 5.10 Sandown laying Valcode TOuzaine @ 2.4.
    For me Nicholls horses are always underpriced in novice/maiden hurdles. To be fair his last three runs were on ground much softer than today's good, g/s in places.
    There are some interesting contenders in the race though fair bramble has course form and would have been closer here only for a bad mistake at the last.
    Viva Stevie dropped back to two miles today where he was 2nd on last two efforts at this distance in nov hurdles.
    The real interesting one for me is an ex D.Weld horse called Expanding Paradise won a Fairyhouse bumper for Weld and was far from disgraced in two decent maiden hurdles in Ireland on ground soft or heavy both times.
    Laying Valcode TOuzaine for €5 to lose €7.

Balance: 80.65

^^^^^^
    all 3 were beaten.

Balance €114.40

Have a few lays for today. Had looked at more rugby,tennis,soccer and horses but left it at these. No time for a write up on my selections today.
    Just that I fancy the horses have enough in the races against them to make them opposable, the tennis matches are much closer than the betting is priced up and the golf 2 balls are priced up a little askew also.

1)4.40 Wolverhampton Braxbourne(2.3) laying for €5 to lose 6.80.
    2)5.35 Gowran Park Indevan(2.14)
    laying for €5 to lose 5.60
    3) ATP Paribas Open laying Youzhny(1.4) against Mayer for €5 to lose €2
    4) WTA Paribas Open laying Peng(1.47) against Dulgheru for €5 to lose €2.35
    5)WTA Paribas Open laying Makerova(1.52) against Mulguruza for €5 to lose €2.54.
    6)Golf WGC third round 2 ball
    Laying J.Furyk(1.85) against Mannesero for €5 to lose €4
    7)Golf WGC third round 2 ball
    Laying R.Sterne (2.2) against R.Henley for €5 to lose €6

Balance €83.89

So 5 successful lays out of 7 from today.
    Furyk and Peng both won to be our only losers.

New Balance:€131.83

2 lays today both at Naas

1) 5.10Foxrock was very unimpressive last time for me and didnt pick up at all I don't see 3 miles as the best trip for this one.
    There's enough in the race to make 3.0 too short.
    Laying Foxrock for €5 to lose €10
    2) 5.40 Coluer France only one run third and the 2nd fab has been taken out. Which makes the price of this one Too short to me at 2.5. There's enough debutants and horses who can progress to make that price too short for me.
    Laying Coluer France for €5 to lose €7.50

• Advertisement

Foxtrot won :( but at least the other one lost. A slightly losing day with 1 bet out of 2 correct.

Balance € 126.43

A few tennis lays tonight, as I probably won't be on tomorrow with cheltenham starting Tuesday.
    All are at Indian Wells. The Paribas Open

1) ATP.
    Laying Nishikori v Petschnizer
    These two only met once and it went to a decider Nishi winning 7-5. But with neither too playing much of late I think he's too short.
    Laying Nishikori for €5 to lose €1.25 @1.25

2) ATP
    Laying Sam Querrey v R.Karlovic
    Their head to head is even at 3-3 and both players have a pretty poor record on hard court in recent times. This one won't be a great spectacle to watch and I'd make it about 4/5 for Querrey so think the 1.47 on offer is too short.
    Laying S.Querrey for €5 to lose €2.35 @1.47

3) WTA
    Laying A.Radwanska v S.Cirstea
    Aggie is very short and probably rightly so but Cirstea is not bad on hard court with a record of 9 wins and 6 losses this season. Not as good as Radwanska at 18/3 but the head to head is only 5-3 to Radwanska. So it's a speculative lay at a very short price.
    Laying Radwanska for €5 to lose .55c @1.11

4) WTA
    Laying Kvitova v Tsurenko
    I think Tsurenko can cause a surprise here. They've never met but both have good records on hard court Kvitova 10/4 and Tsurenko 13/3 with Kvitova playing so much tennis recently she can't be 100%.
    Laying Kvitova for €5 to lose €1.65 @ 1.33

5) WTA
    Laying M.Bartoli v Kuznetsova
    I'm never convinced Bartoli is gonna get through a match without trying to kill someone her temperament is questionable at best. When she's good she is very good but can crumble very easy. Kuznetsova has been slowly coming back to form nicely and will be much more at home here than Bartoli I think.
    Laying Bartoli for €5 to lose €6.70 @ 2.34

Quite a few bets there that are short priced and speculative. There's just no value if the fav's for me in any of them and they'll all have tough matches to get through so happy to take them on.

Balance : €113.93

No good last night. Balance remains as above

Plenty of horses for tomorrow as well as a football and tennis bet(tennis in wee small hours).
    NB a couple of the horse bets havent been matched yet. Liquidity apart from Cheltenham is a little sparse the night before racing.

1)League Two Northampton away to Morecambe
    Northampton obly won 4 times away from home. Likewise Morecambe have only lost 4 times at home all season.
    Laying N'hampton at 2.7 for €5 to lose €8.50.
    2) Paire v Simon
    I think Simon should be 1/3 not any bigger so I'll oppose Paire. Paire is very much a momentum player and even though he leads the head to head 2-0 he has been in poor form recently losing 3 of his last 4 first round matches. Simon has been decent of late beating Del Potro and losing in the semi in Marseilles to Tsonga.
    Laying Paire @2.5 for €5 to lose €7.50.
    3) sedgefield race 3.
    Party Rock will have to defy a big penalty and I don't see him being good enough to even in low grade stuff like this.
    Laying party rock @1.73 for €5 to lose 3.66.
    4) sedgefield race 5.
    Laying Dunluce Castle @2.3 for €5 to lose €6.50
    5)Southwell race 1
    This maiden is a lot more open for me than the fav's price suggests.
    Laying Star of Rohme @2.44 for €5 to lose €7.20
    6) Cheltenham race 2.
    Not a very inspiring renewal of the arkle. Soft ground and only two places mean I don't fancy overturn at all at all.
    Place laying overturn @2.12 for €5 to lose €5.60
    7)Cheltenham race 4
    As Champion Hurdles go it's not the best we'll see but a combination on soft ground and a slow pace will not suit rock on ruby at all IMO.
    Place laying Rock on Ruby @2.06 for €5 to lose €5.30
    8)Cheltenham race 6.
    In the mares hurdle I think the first two are certainly coming from quevega and use artiste. So with one place to fight for it could go anyway.
    Place laying Kentford Grey Lady@2.9 for €5 to lose €9.50.

Balance is €60.18.
    Could do with Tuesday going well to get some momentum for the remainder of the festival.

Northampton lost in football
    Paire lost in tennis.
    The only horse to let us down was Rock on ruby who got second. Sedgefield was abandoned to two non runners there.

Overall 5 winners from 6 and two non runners.

Balance €131.63

• Advertisement

4 lays for tomorrow. Racing at the festival is tough, lots of good priced winners to find though. Again no overnight liquidity in the markets on betdaq. A little guesswork involved at getting match at the right price.

1) 2.40 Cheltenham
    Place laying Boston Bob. This is based a bit on the fact be bombed out here last year in a diff race. I'm not convinced he likes the track at all. Also don't think the form of his racing this year is anything to boast about for the most part.
    Place laying Boston Bob for €5 @2.00 to lose €5.
    2)race 2 at Kempton You da One at least 4 other horses in the race have placed efforts in average maidens but may not need to progress much to win here. Very opposable for me on first run of the year.
    Laying You da One for €5 @ 1.8 to lose €4.
    3) Race 5 Southwell laying masterful act.
    I just don't think he can defy the penalty.
    Laying masterful act for €5 @ 2.1 to lose €5.50.
    4)Race 6 Southwell laying fraserburgh
    If my tissue is right he'll be about evens which is too short. Plenty of competitive progressive types to oppose him with.
    Laying Fraserburgh for €5 @2.00 to lose €5.

Balance €111.63

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Fair play to you on the updates its interesting to watch

Two winners and two losers yesterday. Nothing for today as yet.

Balance€129.83

No fancies today at all and having a quick look at tomorrows tennis football and racing nothing jumps outs as of yet

Been pretty busy and no time for a right up.

2 lays this evening.

Laying leicster away to derby for €5 @2.4 to lose €7
    Laying Nadal against Berdych for €5 @1.55 to lose €2.75.

Balance €120.06

EDIT: 1 more. A horse this time.
    8.50 Wolverhampton Sharaar laying for €5 @2.44 to lose 7.40.

Balance now €112.60

Nadal won but our football and horse lays were successful.
    Balance €136.20

Pretty busy so no time for a big write up again. I'm taking on the two short priced fav's in the tennis and benzocaine just because they are too short.

1) laying Sharapova v Wozniacki for €5 @1.28 to lose 1.40
    2) laying Nadal v Del Potro for €5@1.61 to lose 3.05
    3) laying Benfica for €5@1.38 to lose 1.90.

Balance €129.85

3 bad results tonight. Balance as you were :(

Not forgetting this. Absolutely slammed with work.

Just a quick line two lays on away teams in airtricity Div one.
    1)Laying Longford for €5 @2.6 to lose €8

2)Laying Wexford for €5 @2.3 to lose €6.50.

Balance €115.35

• Advertisement

Longford lost but Wexford scored a last minute winner :( so we lost a little on the night.

Balance €127.35

We're back today. Free from work next couple of weeks so I may concentrate on this a good bit more

5 lays today all the football ones are because I think they are too short away from home. Also the horse is way too short

1) laying Tammy's Hill @1.35 for €5 to lose €1.75
    2)laying Shamrock away to limerick @1.93 for €5 to lose €4.65
    3)laying Forfar away to Albion @2.06 for €5 to lose €5.30
    4)laying Partick away to Raith @1.88 for €5 to lose €4.40
    5)laying Barcelona away to PSG @1.88 for €5 to lose €4.40

New balance €106.85

Barca Partick and Shamrock all failed to win.

Balance €134.10

Laying under 2.5 goals in Dundalk v limerick match
    just see both teams scoring plenty recently and no reason why that trend won't continue.

Laying under 2.5 @1.75 for €5 to lose €3.75

Balance €130.35

Game finished 2-2 so we won.

Balance €139.00

Did a lot of studying across varying sports and came up with almost, 60bets!
    I have wittled it down to this lot.
    All lays are to win €5, the figure in brackets is liability for each bet.

Horses
    1) Chep 1.30 Red Admirable @ 2.86 (9.30)
    2) 2.55 Navan Aonvarr, @2.26(6.20)
    3) 4.00 Navan Moon Dice @2.8 (9.00)
    4)4.35 Navan Raithlin @2.54(7.70)
    5)8.20 Wolv Griletto @2.7 (8.50)
    6)3.55 Newc Can You Conga@2.38(6.90)
    7)3.00 Ling Van Der Veer @1.56(2.80)
    8)3.40 Ling shafaani @1.93(4.65)
    9)5.55Ling Market Town@1.61(3.05)

Football
    1)Southampton away to reading @2.24(6.20)
    2)Chesterfield away to Barnet @2.86(9.30)
    3)Molde away to Brann @2.8(9.00)

Rugby
    Ulster away to Saracens @2.9(9.50)

Tennis
    Davis Cup
    Monaco to lose to Tsonga, @2.8(9.00)

Golf
    Texas Open 3balls
    Harrington against Hanson&Laird @2.74(8.70)
    2)Schwartel against Points &Merrick@2.1(5.50)
    3)KJ Choi against Goosen &Kohles @2.66(8.30)

Lots of bets today so pretty big exposure let's hope we laid a bunch of easy no hopers.

NB* A couple of the he later ones have not yet been matched.

Balance €15.40

Not great today. Horses were slightly profitable helped by one not getting matched(Grilletto at Wolves).
    Rugby went well with no sweat.
    Golf was poor laying two winners and a dead heat. Football wasn't much better one out of three right(Molde)
    Tennis bet still has to run fixed for tomorrow afternoon.

Balance with tennis to run €121.85

Tsonga won in straight sets to bring us back a little more.

Balance €135.65

Going to put these up in different posts today to make it easier to read.

Golf Augusta Masters 2balls
    1) laying R.Sterne v Z.Johnson@2.3 to lose €6.50
    2)laying B.Haas v Kuchar @2.56 to lose €7.80
    3)laying J.Dufner v Scott @2.7 to lose €8.50

Balance €123.75

• Advertisement

Rugby
    Laying Munster @2.6v Leinster to lose €8

Tennis
    laying Klizan @2.44 v Anderson to lose €7.20

Advertisement