Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hyperspin & Taito X2

Options
  • 06-03-2013 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭

Anyone manage to get the Taito X2 games integrated with Hyperspin? I'm using djvj's method and files from the hyperspin ftp but to no avail - games not loading.

Ive posted on their forums but nothing back yet - they're not the friendliest lot over there.

* djvj is a member on the hyperspin forums.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I had a brief try but found my pc didn't like running the typex games, also hyperspin didn't take kindly to launching the games and I had problems configuring the thing.
    Finally figured I had enough games to play on the cab!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

I've got them running in hyperspin yeah but am away from the cab for a few days. I can post my set-ups once I get back. Remind me though :)

The vertical ones I couldn't get going because of screen rotation. Seems not many can get them running without physically rotating the screen. But that's not a hyperspin related problem.

I play tetris grandmaster 3 on the cab all the time. Have it under my favourites wheel :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

There is a TypeX Launcher called ArcadePC Loader and on my cab, for some titles tried, it rotated them just fine.
    Unfortunately my PC lacks the oomph to run them at speed, and I have most of them on other formats.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Awesome Brian, ill give the thread a gentle bump in a few days.

Cidey - yeah, have the Arcadepc loader working. I can set Hyperspin to open the exe but navigating it through the control panel and jpac isn't really a runner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

ArcadePC Loader sorts out the rotation afaik.
    However it wouldnt run my SF4 with the fixed/modded files that sorts out the intro probs.
    I therefore got running the games down as far as running a batch file.
    If HS can be pointed at the batch file, it should be handy enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭ondafly

why not do a deal with PurpleC and get the real thing ?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056880209

ondafly wrote: »
    why not do a deal with PurpleC and get the real thing ?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056880209

I'm already buying some stuff of him. He has me broke as it is!

Got the Arcadepc loader up and running, connected it up to the cab at 31khz. Tested ssf4ae, Played smoothly from my limited test.

Ssf4ae plays in widescreen though even though I set the resolution to 640 x 480. Is it widescreen only? Also any way to change the language to English? The settings in the loader are all greyed out for me.

IMAG0537_zpsc413a684.jpg

IMAG0540_zps1a50bd67.jpg

cant remember where but theres an option to launch the game in low res and that'll give you 4:3
    Might be where you set up the keys???
    shame the arcade one is only one player

urbanledge wrote: »
    cant remember where but theres an option to launch the game in low res and that'll give you 4:3
    Might be where you set up the keys???
    shame the arcade one is only one player

Ah ok. That lo res is setting is part of keys set up. I said no as I thought it meant output at 15khz. Sweet.

I could be wrong but sf4 is one player but the ssf4ae is 2 player. It let me set up the two player controls anyway last night!

• Advertisement

I use the the PC game version,
    maybe I didnt have my keys set up for the real arcade version but I could only get 1 player.
    PC version has loads of extras inc moves lists and stuff.

Only thing is games for windows live pop up at the start.
    set up an off line account and use that.
    I have a shift key for enter set up so when it pops up I just press enter.
    fairly seamless!

You can change the language in the games service menu, its a key you will have binded in the setup program

EnterNow wrote: »
    You can change the language in the games service menu, its a key you will have binded in the setup program

Sorry man, can you simplify that for me? Doesn't make a lick of sense to my noob brain!

Edit: you mean the test and service buttons? Think I set them up during button mapping alright. Will take a look tonight!

Sorry man, can you simplify that for me? Doesn't make a lick of sense to my noob brain!

Edit: you mean the test and service buttons? Think I set them up during button mapping alright. Will take a look tonight!

Yep thats them, you will have assigned a button for them when you ran the key config program. The language can be switched between ENG & JAP :)

Yep thats them, you will have assigned a button for them when you ran the key config program. The language can be switched between ENG & JAP :)

Awesome. If that loader could be integrated with hyperspin invisibly we'd be on to a winner.

Awesome. If that loader could be integrated with hyperspin invisibly we'd be on to a winner.

I don't use the PCloader thing, the modified game files don't work with it, & without them, SF4 crashes on the intro on my system. So as I mentioned already, I made a tiny little batch file to run each game. Can HS be pointed as a *.bat file?

I don't use the PCloader thing, the modified game files don't work with it, & without them, SF4 crashes on the intro on my system. So as I mentioned already, I made a tiny little batch file to run each game. Can HS be pointed as a *.bat file?

Hs has to be pointed to an exe but this can be a dummy file I think. Not sure then how to redirect to the individual game bats

Hs has to be pointed to an exe but this can be a dummy file I think. Not sure then how to redirect to the individual game bats

Hmm - "Another way to create EXE is ExeScript utility. Just make a simple BAT or VBS script and convert to EXE"

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-an-Exe-File

Will look into that.

HS expects an emulator exe and you also point to the folder directory of the roms and just specify the Rom extension, bat.

It doesn't let you specify each game bat individually.

Could a bat be created to open the loader and select the correct game based on the game selected in hyperspin?

Not sure if bats can have such control over applications.

Will look into that.

HS expects an emulator exe and you also point to the folder directory of the roms and just specify the Rom extension, bat.

It doesn't let you specify each game bat individually.

Could a bat be created to open the loader and select the correct game based on the game selected in hyperspin?

Not sure if bats can have such control over applications.

I thought you can point HS at pc game exe's too {ie custom non emulator exe's}?

The bat I made runs the Taito Loader, which opens the cmd prompt. It then runs the command in the cmd prompt, which runs the game.

• Advertisement

Correct you can do that!

Would you mind sharing the bat and I can take a look?

Correct you can do that!

Would you mind sharing the bat and I can take a look?

Not much to share :D Type this into notepad & save it as something like typex.bat

typex_loader.exe launcher.exe

Then simply place it in the game directory & execute it :)

Ah ok. Will look at this tonight. Thanks man

Ah ok. Will look at this tonight. Thanks man

If it can be converted into an exe file, then Bob should most surely be your uncle...I wouldn't expect it to be so simple though...this is HS after all :D

Hmmm. One exe file that would point to the correct game folder and bat file?

HS won't like that!

Hmmm. One exe file that would point to the correct game folder and bat file?

HS won't like that!

How is it any different to an emulator/pc game?

Gens->Gens.exe
    SF4->typex.exe {this is the converted batch file}

Doh! I'm with you now!

Not sure how helpful my stuff is now but here are some of the files I use. I CANNOT get vertical games to work. Well, they work but the screen rotation doesn't.

AHK is from modules and the other (renamed to .ini) is from Settings.

All I can say is that Tetris 3 (TGM 3) works perfect with this :)

Thanks Brian. Can you get either of the Street Fighters to display full screen in 4:3 cab instead of widescreen?

• Advertisement

Thanks Brian. Can you get either of the Street Fighters to display full screen in 4:3 cab instead of widescreen?

No idea :) The cab is ... wip right now as I add a few bits to the cp. Sorry.

Advertisement