Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Factory Choice . . . Too good to be true???

Options
  • 04-03-2013 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

Well folks, as a long time stalker of this forum I know that Hardwarersand is the go to supplier for all your PC needs, however I had a quick look at http://www.factorychoice.ie/ after it was mentioned in this thread(http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056891443).

If true, there is some serious value to be had, i.e. 3570K for €173 and a sapphire 7950 for €220!?! So my question is has anyone had any dealings with these and if so how were they?

All going well my planned build can hopefully jump forward a few months!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Unfortunately them prices are without VAT. I was very intrigued at the prices myself until I investigated a little further.

Like I said in that last thread, they wrongly state tax incl. on the prices, but once you log in or enter an address at the end the appropriate tax is added.

The 3570k goes up to €207.80 & €7.99 delivery.

Still interested to see if anyone has used them before. They're based in Wexford btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Factorychoice

Hello,

Sorry guys for the problem we decided to run a stock update today, (we usually do it at night to prevent these problems)

However, we will only now run update's during the night as to prevent any further issues, please reply with any problems you have from now on guys!

Thanks and remember we have the best prices! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

I'm actually quite impressed that a Wexford-based shop can stock a 690 at a reasonable price. They're actually cheaper than Dabs on a few of the main items guys. Might be worth adding to the basket script.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Hello,

Sorry guys for the problem we decided to run a stock update today, (we usually do it at night to prevent these problems)

However, we will only now run update's during the night as to prevent any further issues, please reply with any problems you have from now on guys!

So which is it, are the site prices with or without VAT?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭N64

Are the products dispatched from Ireland? I see UPS listed as a delivery agent and expected delivery times are between 3-5 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭twinsen

Its weird that they wouldn't put their address on the site.
    And as for contact there is only email address.

Yep, it doesn't mention where they are in the "About" section but does mention Wexford in the "Contact" section

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

The site appears to be registered to a building contractor from Kilmuckridge.

A search of their 'about us' text ("is the web's ultimate destination for computers") turns up tonnes of generic sales sites with identical text.

No contact details and the 'paypal' link on the site does not redirect to the correct page. I would not be putting my CC details anywhere near there but each to his own.

The site appears to be registered to a building contractor from Kilmuckridge.

A search of their 'about us' text ("is the web's ultimate destination for computers") turns up tonnes of generic sales sites with identical text.

No contact details and the 'paypal' link on the site does not redirect to the correct page. I would not be putting my CC details anywhere near there but each to his own.

If you were to believe all the bumf in the "About" section you'd think they were leasing a franchise to PCWorld lol Their customers & people are soooo important to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 peter71

Just checking these out. company reg number shows company as national pen, who are a good big company but not sure if they own or reg number in site is error why not promote other company.
    www.cro.ie
    reg number 474116
    national pen , dundalk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭robdsherlock

strange indeed, be interesting to see if they could come back and explain these findings..

good catch!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

peter71 wrote: »
    Just checking these out. company reg number shows company as national pen, who are a good big company but not sure if they own or reg number in site is error why not promote other company.
    www.cro.ie
    reg number 474116
    national pen , dundalk

That number is the registered number for a company called National Pen, if you look up a registered business name with that number you get Factory Choice. The two types of business are independent so there is no error or promotion of an other company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

strange indeed, be interesting to see if they could come back and explain these findings..

good catch!!

I'm intrigued too. No address on the site but we know the person that registered the domain is from Wexford. About section is a copy and paste template.
    Very peculiar :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Varoh

Ok. I'm new posting but had to row in as I only started looking up factorychoice.ie after placing an order for a sound system. As it didn't ship by Wednesday after been ordered on Monday I began to get a sinking feeling. Fortunately unlike what's been said above their paypal link is the right one and I used the resolution centre to contact them. They answered the email and sent me the shipping number. I've attached it.

They said that they ship from France and a Bank Holiday Monday delayed the shipping. I asked them about how come there is so little information about them available and how that affect the trust.

"Yes we are a relatively new site so there will always be doubt with trust but a site that uses PayPal is always a site that can be trusted. We only use PayPal as they keep both us and the buyer safe from fraud. "

I asked how come they have no contact beyond the email.

"Yes, we have no contact number as Lo-Call numbers are actually expensive when called by on a mobile so we use a interactive chat module called "zopim" much like that on Facebook so we can quickly chat with customers and save our customers money."

Anyway it appears to be on the way now. Will post again when I receive it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

France you say?
    Many of their products are the exact same price as pixmania. However they have some products listed a few times at different prices. So maybe a re seller for a few different websites.
    Even if you do get your item their is still something very dodgy about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Varoh

Yep. Came through Belgium in the end which is just like Pixmania. Aside from the two pronged European plug it works fine though. Relieved. So despite their oddness that's been pointed out by other posters they are legit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Anyone else used or had experiences with this site?,Am tempted by a couple of things but am reluctant to take the plunge with so little feedback available :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

NATLOR wrote: »
    Anyone else used or had experiences with this site?,Am tempted by a couple of things but am reluctant to take the plunge with so little feedback available :(

Go with Hardwareversand.de - if you post what you are looking for in a thread on here people will spec one out for you based on parts from there. Got a build from there a few weeks back myself with no issues, put it togehter myself and the delivery from germany was about 20 quid. Took about a week from order to delivery. See some of the other build threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 onemanshow1974

did you recieve youritems from factory choice??

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭seanwindle22

Hello,

Wats the story with trying to contact ye. I placed an order a week ago with express delivery and I can't get a reply from anyone as to what's the status of my order. VERY BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE. WILL BE TAKING MY BUSINESS ELSEWHERE IN FUTURE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭game4it70

Wats the story with trying to contact ye. I placed an order a week ago with express delivery and I can't get a reply from anyone as to what's the status of my order. VERY BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE. WILL BE TAKING MY BUSINESS ELSEWHERE IN FUTURE.

Factorychoice
    Last Activity: 11-03-2013 16:38
    Your not going to get a reply on here i'd say.

I'd contact your credit card company or try Payal dispute if you used either.

Hopefully you will get somewhere as they seem to be a right cowboy outfit.

Thanks for the info. Ya I think I'll try a dispute on PayPal. Have u had any experience with this company in the past? Seemingly they are based in Wexford, I don't know how true that is.

Thanks for the info. Ya I think I'll try a dispute on PayPal. Have u had any experience with this company in the past? Seemingly they are based in Wexford, I don't know how true that is.

Thankfully no i haven't but any time i've read about them its been all bad.

Obviously if the prices seem too good to be true they prob are. Should have been more aware I suppose. Funny tho it was Shopmania.ie that advertises for factorychoice.ie they forward you to them from there website, must be a group operation or something

I lodged a dispute with paypal 15 mins ago and since then I have received 2 emails from factorychoice stating the item has been shipped and the 2nd email even gave me a tracking number. Just goes to show putting a bit of pressure on them but a simply reply to my emails would have saved a lot of bother

Lol thats good for you but also shows they do read mails but are just selective which ones they care about.

Exactly obviously don't care too much about customer service and customer satisfaction

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Keep in mind if you will sign the delivery and there will be a plastic turd instead off parts you ordered, then you have feck all come back with Paypal. Paypal will see items as delivered and they wount refund it.

I am not sure about this crowd, but there are a lot of scams like that using paypal. One of the awesome scams when dealing with lego, you order sets for good price for couple of hundred of someone. You get a delivery, which is just an envelope or a card. You sign for it and it is counted as delivered. Paypal then takes side of seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Why would you sign for an envelope when you're expecting a package of something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

BloodBath wrote: »
    Why would you sign for an envelope when you're expecting a package of something?

Because you dont know whats in it and you just sign it. When you open it, you ****ed.

Advertisement