Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XCase Rally this evening.

Options
  • 04-03-2013 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭

Today marks the 21st anniversary of the handing down of the X Case judgement and it is still not legislated for. There is a Rally this evening meeting at the Central Bank at 6pm. I will be going, is anyone else?

Most likely I will be at the stall with the postcards you can sign for your T.D.s

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

This is a cause I support BUT traffic disruptions at rush hour don't endear any causes to tired commuters. My heart sank when I saw the timing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

The timing was because one of the EU presidency meetings was on , specifically the meeting of all the Health Ministers in Dublin Castle.
    There was very little traffic disruption we gathered at central bank off the road and then marched up to beside the Mansion House and in front of Dublin Castle and were again off the road.

The Legislate for X postcard went down well, if you do want some you can get them here http://www.abortionrightscampaign.ie/2013/02/21/postcards-to-your-tds/

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Morag wrote: »
    There was very little traffic disruption we gathered at central bank off the road and then marched up to beside the Mansion House and in front of Dublin Castle and were again off the road.
    Funnily enough, disruption was a whole lot worse for the anti-choice march a while back - that was on at 4.30pm on a weekday and didn't end until well after 6, their (US-funded) coaches blocking the bus stops at Merrion Square, blocking some roads that are very heavily used by public transport - 50 minutes to travel 3 km home on a 25A that evening for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

:D

No, you lot cause the worse traffic jams!!

Advertisement