Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working for Motivation Weight Management Clinic

Options
  • 03-03-2013 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Has anyone advice for an interview at Motivation Weight Management Clinic? I have the relevant degree but not much experience at consultations. would that be a major factor with them? Also what are the wages like?
    I see they use very low calorie diets and their own diets bars with clients.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭Katgurl

Rogorose wrote: »
    Has anyone advice for an interview at Motivation Weight Management Clinic? I have the relevant degree but not much experience at consultations. would that be a major factor with them? Also what are the wages like?
    I see they use very low calorie diets and their own diets bars with clients.

I'm not being funny when I say this but I think reading a handbook on sales techniques would be your best bet.

The consultants interview you and present all the features and benefits of the programme personalised to fit what you've said. They then sell you extra CDs, books, drinks, bars with the programme. At every weekly meeting more bars and drinks are sold. Even when I went there one week and explained I couldn't afford the bars anymore she went and put them in a bag for me and said I had to have them if I was serious and I could pay next week. Most impressive example of an assumptive close I've ever seen.

I think nutritional knowledge has very little to do with it as the programme is already dfceloped. But it's probably important for them to be able to say that their consultants are qualified nutritionists.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Rogorose

Thanks for your advice Katgurl, the more I hear about the company the more I see it is very sales driven which was not part of my nutrition degree at university, our focus was on using all natural food and recipes that suit the particular client not alternatives to meals but different options may work better for different people. I hope its been successful for you so far and has been worth the money! best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭lila44

Sorry to hijack your thread, but I also have an interview with them this week and was wondering what to expect? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 aoiferahmana

Hi Lila44 I know it's ages ago, but just wondering how you got on and if you got/took the job? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭lila44

Hi Lila44 I know it's ages ago, but just wondering how you got on and if you got/took the job? Thanks

I never heard back from them after the interview! Pretty glad to be honest... Something shady about the whole operation!

• Advertisement
Advertisement