Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you changed much since you first started posting here?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

I've got a job

Since my first sign up, I've done the leaving, college, accountancy, backpacking and now teaching.. Yep, changed a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Nearly 3 years here, I think I was funnier back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭CollardGreens

The drooling has stopped.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭Bloody*Mary

New person, new attitude, responsible and respectful.

I have AH to thank for that ,for sure.

Have a real good day everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Where To wrote: »
    When I first joined boards I thought I knew everything. . . . . . .
    now I'm sure. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

I went years without getting an infraction, now it seems to be every second week, as soon as a ban from one forum is lifted, i get banned from another.. Shur I'm only tryin to have the craic

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

You thought your username would help hide ya. Rookie mistake. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭anhedonia

Yes, I seem to be posting in the Non Drinkers Group these days, how did that happen :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭Bloody*Mary

I went years without getting an infraction, now it seems to be every second week, as soon as a ban from one forum is lifted, i get banned from another.. Shur I'm only tryin to have the craic

There's your answer, this is real serious business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,607 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

12 year ago this year. So I'll be 29 and was 17 when I signed up.

That's utterly mental when you think about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

After Hours and post-college life his caused me to become a bitter husk of the man I was when I joined. Fingers crossed it goes full circle!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

10 years of boards and i still cant spell or construct a proper sentence so naw

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

SEVEN years!! I've been here 7 years! How did that happen?? I was only a naive 40-something year old. Now I'm mature.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Blumpkine

New username, Might actually post instead of lurking now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

I haven't really changed much but I think boards has made me more cynical about people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Yes, hugely. I wasn't a Christian when I started posting here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

philologos wrote: »
    Yes, hugely. I wasn't a Christian when I started posting here.
    You're a Christian?

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭tempura

I have changed a lot since first posting here, it was only four years ago.

When I found Boards I was at an awful time in my life. I found so much information on boards about my situation at the time it was fantastic. I also went to a few beers in the beginning and met some really nice people. Boards got me out of the house again and interacting with people, which is funny when you think about it as people are always assuming that if you spend too much time online you become a hermit.

Over the years, I have found so much practical and emotional help here, as well as some bizzare stuff too.

I think the " Lets all laugh at people with Depression " thread is one of the best things to ever happen here and also PI is an eye opener.

Work and jobs forums were fantastic when I was out of a job too.

Overall , I really enjoy boards and appreciate having it as a source of information and interaction.

Don't post a hell of a lot but am always reading.

Suffice to say, it has had an influence on my life.

Thanks Boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Changed much? No, but when I intially joined, I probably wouldn't have ignored the newly registered muppet, who quoted my post in the Skinny Jeans thread earlier today. Oh and thanks to my AH brother or sister who reported it. Generally in life, I find there's no point wasting time on fúcktárds.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Dwork

In my long, long posting history I have gone from being a ranting lunatic to a raving lunatic and ended up as a somwhat more chilled individual. Have never stayed as a "name" for more than a year as usually I look back on my previous posts and go "jasus what were you on about you fool".

Boards has made me broadermindeder and more tolerant of bad spelling as well as being far too knowledgeable about peoples depraved proclivities and tendencies. Almost everyone on here is still wrong about almost everything though, apart from Darren, who is a ledge when it comes to property. You either get that or don't. The new me doesn't care either way. I'm much too chilled for that. Also the rad beside the PC is broken a while now..

• Site Banned Posts: 71 ✭✭Zer0

No, as I don't use boards often enough.. usually to pass away time or to get the odd laugh or advice about something technical or whatever. more of a resourceful site than anything for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Nearly 8 years here.

Still haven't made any Boards friends.

*sniff*

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Created my original account when I was 16, and this account at 19... I'm 28 now. Massive changes in that time of course - I still thought I wanted to be a doctor when I was 16, I'm now very happily working as a software developer via a failed attempt at a maths degree and a degree and masters in CS. I spent most of that time thinking I was a total forever alone but am now in an amazing relationship too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭space_man

ya my underpants were reeking, so i had to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

lazygal wrote: »
    You're a Christian?
    News to me... :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 514 ✭✭✭RUSTEDCORE

I used to be haughty and arrogant in every post racist toward culchies and just generally wrote with a sense of superiority.

But nowadays Im not like that .....I still know im better than all of you but I dont say it unless im asked or farmers get busy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Ilik Urgee

There’s not a day goes by I don’t feel regret.
    Not because I’m in here, or because you think I should. I look back on the way I was then: a young, stupid kid who signed up this account. I want to talk to him. I want to try and talk some sense to him, tell him the way things are.

But I can’t. That kid’s long gone and this old man is all that’s left. I got to live with that.
    Difference? It’s just a bullshit word. So you go on and start making more threads, sonny, and stop wasting my time. Because to tell you the truth, I don’t give a damn.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

I'm here since December 2010, I started supporting Shels. But no other changes ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement