Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to sell my house

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

Tonsass wrote: »
    thanks so much for the replys guys even the bad ones lol.....i have went into the bank 3 years ago when husband was told was being left go..he was in army so when we took mortgage we taught we would be fine as even when came time to retire he would have got good pension unfortunately this didn't happen and he got injured 9 years into the job and they just didn't keep him on and no he didn't get claim or pension out of that.....as for my kids they are not an excuse not to pay mortgage just that in my eyes better to feed and look after them that's my job.....i don't depend on the 'tax payers money' as i pay tax my self and always have and never had to rely on the state EVER......we bought in 2006 in the boom andour mortgage was 165k which wasnt big at all we didnt over borrow at all.....i have been in contact with the bank the whole way through this and they didnt want to help in any way as we are only still paying mostly interest on mortgage the interest option was no good to us......i have been in since (Friday) and have to fill out yet another form to send off to Dublin for them to look at and what i propose to do to get out of this mess..........im not in any way trying to run away from this at all and just want to get it sorted and not have it hanging over my head.....

How can you not manage a small mortgage of 165k? That should work out about 800 eur per month. If I understood well, you are currently working so I would have thought that amount could be manageable even with one only income.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Galego wrote: »
    How can you not manage a small mortgage of 165k? That should work out about 800 eur per month. If I understood well, you are currently working so I would have thought that amount could be manageable even with one only income.

with all due respect. 800 euro is a lot for some people. We have no idea what other bills the OP has.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭StillWaters

D3PO wrote: »

with all due respect. 800 euro is a lot for some people. We have no idea what other bills the OP has.
    But the OP said upthread that they had paid nothing towards the mortgage in a year. That's a crazy situation, if they cannot afford interest only on €165, they are not going to be able to afford a new mortgage. No bank would look at them either as their rating is shot.

They need to make the decision to negotiate with their current bank to stay where they are, but that will necessitate paying something, or sell, negotiate to pay the shortfall over a normal mortgage term and rent. Clearly they won't be able to afford that either.

If they allow repossession, and get a letter from their bank that the loan is unsustainable, they may be eligible to apply for social housing. In any case staying where they are, paying nothing is ostrich like behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

But the OP said upthread that they had paid nothing towards the mortgage in a year. That's a crazy situation, if they cannot afford interest only on €165, they are not going to be able to afford a new mortgage. No bank would look at them either as their rating is shot.

They need to make the decision to negotiate with their current bank to stay where they are, but that will necessitate paying something, or sell, negotiate to pay the shortfall over a normal mortgage term and rent. Clearly they won't be able to afford that either.

If they allow repossession, and get a letter from their bank that the loan is unsustainable, they may be eligible to apply for social housing. In any case staying where they are, paying nothing is ostrich like behaviour.

i didnt mean they couldnt pay anything the previous post seemed to believe that the full mortgage was easily payable. Thats all I was referring to. I agree though paying nothing is rediculous

Advertisement