Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coco is sick...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

jimf wrote: »
    did you just have the one dog if yes its so much harder

Yes just the one. She was a pure child, we got a pup a couple of years back hoping that it would be company for her but she couldnt take to her at all so had to give pup back.
    Everywhere we went she came with us, whether it was long drive or a short.
    Ive gotten a lot of "get a new one straightaway" since she died but I couldnt, not a hope. Id feel like I was betraying her unless one of her long-lost relatives arrived at door! We got her from the pound as a pup and she looked exactly like a fox, same face, tail etc. Once I got stopped when I was walking her by an angry fella saying "I shouldnt have a fox on a lead". She was one of a kind in lots of ways. Id put up a picture of her on this but its too soon to go through them.
    This sucks.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭jimf

pookiesboo wrote: »
    Yes just the one. She was a pure child, we got a pup a couple of years back hoping that it would be company for her but she couldnt take to her at all so had to give pup back.
    Ive gotten a lot of "get a new one straightaway" since she died but I couldnt, not a hope. Id feel like I was betraying her unless one of her long-lost relatives arrived at door! We got her from the pound as a pup and she looked exactly like a fox, same face, tail etc. Once I got stopped when I was walking her by an angry fella saying "I shouldnt have a fox on a lead". She was one of a kind in lots of ways. Id put up a picture of her on this but its too soon to go through them.
    This sucks.....

you see people dont understand they think just get a new dog and everthing will be ok if only it was that easy but in time you will you will know yourself when the time is right and the pounds have such a selection its so hard to pick one

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭kinkygirl

pookiesboo wrote: »
    This sucks.....

Your heart is so raw now, the pain so excrutiating. In 2004, when I lost my two fur babies, just months apart, I thought I would never smile again and I hated the world for carrying on as normal.
    Most people said "get another one" as though our beloved fur kids were cans of beans.

I swore 'never again' would I put myself through that pain. Months later, a little pup in need of a loving home found us, she told us the time was right, and went on to help heal our broken hearts, making our empty house a home again. Last year,she was joined by the crazy Alfie, it didn't take her long to put manners on him...though he's still crazy. :D

You might not adopt again, give yourselves time for the healing to begin. And if the time comes and you feel ready to open your home to another doggie, what a very lucky little one he/she will be.

It sounds as though Coco's place of rest will be beautiful, what a lovely memorial to your little girl. Bless her soul. x

Advertisement