Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

deer cull in phoenix park

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

Whispered wrote: »
    Did it work in Scotland? (maybe not I seem to remember reading something about it) Surely we have some places in the country wild enough to allow a small population take hold. Although then they might have to be culled to keep their numbers down, like the woman and the fly. We'd end up breeding T-Rex's to keep the population of tigers down, who were realeased to keep the population of wolves down who were released to keep the numbers of deer down. :D

Anyway on a serious note, I don't think wolves go around randomly attacking people, wild wolves are usually very shy as far as I know.

They have a big range though, don't think PP would really suit a pack, despite the deer. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

They have a big range though, don't think PP would really suit a pack, despite the deer. ;)

I was talking about elsewhere in the country ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,024 ✭✭✭✭tk123

juniord wrote: »
    the park deer have enough to worry about with loose dogs chasing them ,;)

Send FENNNTOONNNNNN over to them! ;)

I'm sorry the poor deer are being shot....but I have to admit the second I saw this earlier the first thing that came into my mind was free stagbars! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Afaik the deer meat is given to the zoo and rightly so
    The old , sick and injured are taken out each year after been monitored by rangers and so I highly doubt they would give the meat to hotels

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭juniord

i asked the park ranger what happens to it and he told me the entire carcass is sold to a hotel , i would think you could buy a lot of animal feed for what you would sell a deer for , so i would be inclined to believe him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭natdog

i asked the park ranger what happens to it and he told me the entire carcass is sold to a hotel , i would think you could buy a lot of animal feed for what you would sell a deer for , so i would be inclined to believe him
    They wouldn't be allowed it would have to go through a game dealer.
    Think he probably thought that's what you wanted to hear rather than saying the <snip> president and guests eat them which is what happens.

Mod note: no need for the disrespectful adjectives.
    Do not reply to this post on thread.
    Thanks,
    DBB

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭juniord

natdog wrote: »
    Think he probably thought that's what you wanted to hear rather than saying the <snip> president and guests eat them which is what happens.
    Maybe it was a game dealer contracted to do the cull

natdog wrote: »

Mod note: no need for the disrespectful adjectives.
    Do not reply to this post on thread.
    Thanks,
    DBB

<snip>

Hilarious. Warning issued for ignoring mod instruction.

Maybe it was a game dealer contracted to do the cull
    Its normally the army rangers that do the shooting so unless one of them is a game dealer its unlikely.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

There is so much conjecture in this thread, it's starting to implode on itself. I'm closing it now, but if someone can come up with the facts behind what happens to the Phoenix Park deer carcasses, pm me and I'll reopen the thread.
    Thanks,
    DBB

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement