Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working in the States with a BSc in Biomedical Science?

Options
  • 26-02-2013 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I'm currently studying Biomedical Science in Dublin Institute of Technology and will be transferring to University of Ulster this year to do the same course. Both courses are accredited by the Institute of Biomedical Science (IBMS/UK) and the Academy of Medical Laboratory Science (AMLS/Ireland) and, upon graduation, immediately qualify you to work in hospital laboratory medicine in Ireland, the UK and all the Commonwealth countries (Canada, Australia, New Zealand etc.)

Typical that this excludes working in the US, which is where I'd like to live in the future. Does anybody know how to get around this? Would simply having the degree make it any easier to gain permanent residency in the States, or would you have to go through the usual rigmarole of gaining US permanent residency?

I've researched it a lot but can't seem to find a decent answer. Any info would be greatly appreciated! :)

Advertisement