Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Florabest Powerwsaher €109.99 Lidl

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭MJ434

€99.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Reviews aren't encouraging looks like the lance disintegrates it does have a metal pump which puts it above the usual karcher junk and you won't get a three year warranty with anything else.
    http://www.etest-wohnen.de/test_detail-22216-2370-lidl_parkside_hochdruckreiniger_phd_150_a1.html#comments_start

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/parkside-pressure-washer-phd-150-a1-89-99-lidl-1163035

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

I have one of them.

Fantastic bit of kit and some serious whack of water from it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

Chipbutty wrote: »
    From Thursday Lidl have this powerwasher. Seems good value, anyone know if the quality is any good? http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/xchg/lidl_ri_ie/hs.xsl/index_28810.htm
    Like paddy, have one myself. Got it to replace the original Lavor 160 fom lidl. Had that one for 3yrs. A great bit of kit with the exception of a poorly braided hose.

The parkside model, which is coming up for sale again is not in the same league. Not as powerful and the build quality is not nearly as good. That said, for the money, it has a decent enough spec.

A karcher model with a similar output rating would cost significantly more, but would of course display a far superior build quality. If the requirement is just a periodic car and patio washer, it'll be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭ozmo

dodzy wrote: »
    The parkside model, which is coming up for sale again is not in the same league. Not as powerful and the build quality is not nearly as good.

I have one of these parkside ones past year - no problems - like the photo above - and the power out of it is so high it left marks on my Concrete path :o

Very powerful blast from it - careful what you point it at...or turn down the power.

Oh - and the hose you connect it to the wall to is important - I was initially disapointed as I was using one of those plastic coiled hoses - but it restricted the water too much - best to use a normal standard garden hose.

“Roll it back”

Wel they flew out the door this morning in Lidl Coolock.

Lots of them available this morning in the brand new Lidl Store opposite Tesco Artane Castle...(Tesco wont like that...:pac::D)

Jam packed in there as it was their grand opening day today.:)

Bought a power wash brush for the power washer while having a look in the new Lidl Store.

Oh and the power washer is 109 euro and not 99 euro.

dodzy wrote: »
    Like paddy, have one myself. Got it to replace the original Lavor 160 fom lidl. Had that one for 3yrs. A great bit of kit with the exception of a poorly braided hose.

The parkside model, which is coming up for sale again is not in the same league. Not as powerful and the build quality is not nearly as good. That said, for the money, it has a decent enough spec.

A karcher model with a similar output rating would cost significantly more, but would of course display a far superior build quality. If the requirement is just a periodic car and patio washer, it'll be fine.

I also picked up a brand new Karcher K3 for 30 euro in Tesco Clarehall.

Reduced from 160 euro down to 30 euro.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

Have had two of these - both got returned as leaks sprung from the lance/hose in multiple places - could have just been unlucky. Thankfully no quibble with bringing them back for a full refund. Ended up picking up a Karcher model last yr in Tescos via a bargain alert post here :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

donnacha wrote: »
    Have had two of these - both got returned as leaks sprung from the lance/hose in multiple places - could have just been unlucky. Thankfully no quibble with bringing them back for a full refund. Ended up picking up a Karcher model last yr in Tescos via a bargain alert post here :D

I agree 100% and there is a common fault with them. Also, keep the Lidl receipt safe - the thermal ink/paper fades.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=80261955
    I'd recommend a Nilfisk from Amazon instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

You can buy an adaptor with this which adapts the hose to karcher. Put it away safe and you can buy a lance later if it breaks. I am looking for the patio scrubber this weekend.

You can buy an adaptor with this which adapts the hose to karcher. Put it away safe and you can buy a lance later if it breaks. I am looking for the patio scrubber this weekend.

:)

Lidl Coolock had a good few of the patio scrubers left early this morning.

I agree 100% and there is a common fault with them. Also, keep the Lidl receipt safe - the thermal ink/paper fades.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=80261955
    I'd recommend a Nilfisk from Amazon instead.

If it breaks after 60 days from purchase,then the shop wont take it back....(Lidls 60 day store policy).

You ring the Lidl helpline number and they take it back off you for inspection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

For anyone that's interested there's a pressure washer on sale in B&Q for 119 EUR. I not sure of the make/model but if I'm in again I'll take note of it. I *think* it was this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

For anyone that's interested there's a pressure washer on sale in B&Q for 119 EUR. I not sure of the make/model but if I'm in again I'll take note of it. I *think* it was this one.
    If that is the actual one, then it would fall very short on pressure when compared to the Lidl parkside offering.

BOBS 1500 watt power washer for 15 euro 70 cents in Tesco Omni Park......(originally 65 euro reduced down to 31 euro)

I dont need this (allready have 2 power washers),but when I saw it for 15 euro,I thought fcuk it,Ill buy it.:D

What a fantastic compact yet powerfull little power washer it is...(comparision with a 2 litre milk container).

Tried it out today on the pieces of deadwood for the fish tank,and for 15 euro all I can say is.......

WOW.:D

Were there many left on offer paddy? For 15 quid I'd like to pick one up.

Were there many left on offer paddy? For 15 quid I'd like to pick one up.

Only 2 were on the shelf.

Yup, checked today and none left. If you're ever seller yours sure let me know :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Lidl have a 1450W power washer for €59.99 from Thursday 11th April.

http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/xchg/SID-C97BD330-7BDB99FF/lidl_ri_ie/hs.xsl/index_30248.htm

IE_72470wk1513NI_01_b.jpg

zerks wrote: »

Otherwise known as the grizzly hdr 100 can't be any worse than the karcher junk, I'd pay a bit extra and get a nilfisk though or pay a bit less and get a refurb nilfisk from cleanstore.co.uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭clint_silver

Paddy, seem to know your stuff on powerwashers. Say if I had a budget of 150-200 quid, can you recommend me a powerwasher.

To do a pretty large decking area and a largish driveway. Had 2 aldi/lidl type efforts over last 5 years and really not suitable for large areas as they took waaaaaay longer than Id hoped.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

zerks wrote: »

http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/xchg/SID-C97BD330-7BDB99FF/lidl_ri_ie/hs.xsl/index_30248.htm

IE_72470wk1513NI_01_b.jpg

I'm going to chance one, it has to be better than just a hose by itself...

Paddy, seem to know your stuff on powerwashers. Say if I had a budget of 150-200 quid, can you recommend me a powerwasher.

To do a pretty large decking area and a largish driveway. Had 2 aldi/lidl type efforts over last 5 years and really not suitable for large areas as they took waaaaaay longer than Id hoped.

I only know how to fix them :-p

If you try to go too hard on the decking you'll etch the timber, for concrete 120bar plus with a good flow rate eases the pain but a square meter is a square meter.

Nilfisk have a reliable metal pump even in their cheapest models, karcher is all plastic junk until you get the the k5 series or higher. The cheaper nilfisks have a universal motor which is fine for most diy people.

The centinneal in argos is reasonable for the price 120bar, 520l/hour - 350l/hour at high pressure which is good, 8m hose on reel, patio cleaner, car wash brush included.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7420449/Trail/searchtext%3ENILFISK.htm

For a few quid more the E140 on amazon had an induction motor which should last a lot longer than the universal type its 140bar so you really have to widen the jet on the timber, 500l/hour low pressure but 400l/hour high pressure. No fancy accessories though.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nilfisk-X-Tra-Pressure-Washer-Induction/dp/B001DZNOHC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1365427852&sr=8-1&keywords=e140+nilfisk

That being said you can be lucky with some cheapie ones my dad has had a bosch aquatak cheapie with a universal motor for about 10 years and it refuses to die neighbour has a no brand one that has an aluminium pump from interpump.

Most important thing anyway is to release the pressure by pulling the trigger after you've powered it off and protect it from frost.

If you get a high powered one be careful 140bar is too much for washing a car, will happily strip paint and varnish from walls and garden furniture and can damage tyre sidewalls,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,388 ✭✭✭fletch

paddyp wrote: »

The centinneal in argos is reasonable for the price 120bar, 520l/hour - 350l/hour at high pressure which is good, 8m hose on reel, patio cleaner, car wash brush included.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7420449/Trail/searchtext%3ENILFISK.htm
    The Centennial is a good price alright but bear in mind that the reel is utterly useless. I bought it recently, took it out of the box, tried to wrap the hose around the reel but after 30 mins of thinking I must be an idiot stuffed it all back into the box and got a refund. The problem is that the hose doesn't attach to the centre of the reel so it can't be wound in. As the hose is so hard it makes it impossible to wrap it around it. For anyone that values a neat shed, don't bother with this unit.
    paddyp wrote: »
    For a few quid more the E140 on amazon had an induction motor which should last a lot longer than the universal type its 140bar so you really have to widen the jet on the timber, 500l/hour low pressure but 400l/hour high pressure. No fancy accessories though.
    I just placed an order for this today on Cleanstore which has a usable reel and lots of accessories for cheaper than the same unit without all the accessories from Argos

• Registered Users Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Shiny wrote: »
    I'm going to chance one, it has to be better than just a hose by itself...

i bought one of those a couple of years ago and washed my patio a few times with it since (bought the patio cleaning head which makes it a lot easier)

its a fairly big patio as well (about 3 hours to clean non-stop )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

fletch wrote: »
    The Centennial is a good price alright but bear in mind that the reel is utterly useless. I bought it recently, took it out of the box, tried to wrap the hose around the reel but after 30 mins of thinking I must be an idiot stuffed it all back into the box and got a refund. The problem is that the hose doesn't attach to the centre of the reel so it can't be wound in. As the hose is so hard it makes it impossible to wrap it around it. For anyone that values a neat shed, don't bother with this unit.
    I just placed an order for this today on Cleanstore which has a usable reel and lots of accessories for cheaper than the same unit without all the accessories from Argos

The one you bought was £230. The other link is to Amazon, not Argos, and priced at £195.:confused:

Anyway, on the Centennial can't you wrap the hose around its starting end to keep it in place? Looks like a good yoke for the price so I'm considering getting one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,388 ✭✭✭fletch

T-Maxx wrote: »
    The one you bought was £230. The other link is to Amazon, not Argos, and priced at £195.:confused:

Anyway, on the Centennial can't you wrap the hose around its starting end to keep it in place? Looks like a good yoke for the price so I'm considering getting one.
    Yes the one I bought from Cleanstore has lots (£155) of (useful) accessories included.

Maybe you can but it seemed like an awful lot of bother to me and I have seen reviews since, on other sites, complaining about it. If you are happy to hang the hose somewhere while not in use, then there's no reason not to go for it. It's excellent value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

i bought one of those a couple of years ago and washed my patio a few times with it since (bought the patio cleaning head which makes it a lot easier)

its a fairly big patio as well (about 3 hours to clean non-stop )

Would you use it on a car?

Advertisement