Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apartments for rent

Options
  • 25-02-2013 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭

I feel this is the best place to post this because I need to get the female perspective on this especially the feminist who will have their own expectations of what equality entails. Basically I can't help but be disheartened by the number of ads I have seen for apartments, as a whole or with rooms for rent that specifiy females only or no couples. I have lived in a number of apartments/houses with males only and a mix of where I was the sole male occupant. In my years I have seen friends whose parties have gotten out of control and damage incurred to the apartment. In every instance where I have seen this females have been the sole occupants of the property. I want to know specifically why feminists have not protested against this travesty of . discrimination against males when they claim their purpose is equally. I am reminded of George Orwell's Animal Farm in such circumstances.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

:confused:

Some people (male or female) feel more comfortable living with males.

Some people (male or female) feel more comfortable living with females.

Some don't have a preference.

Let people live where they want to live, with whomever they want to live with.

Not everything has to be a big feminist (or anti-feminism!) issue!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

I feel this is the best place to post this because I need to get the female perspective on this especially the feminist who will have their own expectations of what equality entails. Basically I can't help but be disheartened by the number of ads I have seen for apartments, as a whole or with rooms for rent that specifiy females only or no couples. I have lived in a number of apartments/houses with males only and a mix of where I was the sole male occupant. In my years I have seen friends whose parties have gotten out of control and damage incurred to the apartment. In every instance where I have seen this females have been the sole occupants of the property. I want to know specifically why feminists have not protested against this travesty of . discrimination against males when they claim their purpose is equally. I am reminded of George Orwell's Animal Farm in such circumstances.

This has nothing to do with feminists. Eqality ≠ the right to live where ever you like.

Take your agenda elsewhere, it's not wanted here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement