Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Will the green app (fibre broadband) customers get access?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

from the talk to Sky Forum

Eir has confirmed by email today that from 1st August:

Eir Sports Package (free for Eir BB customers) excludes BT Sport.

Includes the following main items:

Every game in Rugby World Cup

Pro14 - every game incl all Leinster and Munster games live

SSE Airtricity

Live Champions League and Europa League Qualifiers

All the Irish UEFA U21 European Championship home qualifiers

Freesports included.

https://www.sky.com/ireland/tv/sports-extra?irct=shop-roi-home-sports-extra&awc=11005_1561732471_bcf2bd5b8f80ab000d4dd5d68f22cc8c&dcmp=afc-78888-na-na-logtail&dclid=COuEzOmyjOMCFeBjFQgdgIoHaw

• Registered Users Posts: 14,007 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

kooga wrote: »
    from the talk to Sky Forum

Eir has confirmed by email today that from 1st August:

Eir Sports Package (free for Eir BB customers) excludes BT Sport.

Includes the following main items:

Every game in Rugby World Cup

Pro14 - every game incl all Leinster and Munster games live

SSE Airtricity

Live Champions League and Europa League Qualifiers

All the Irish UEFA U21 European Championship home qualifiers

Freesports included.

https://www.sky.com/ireland/tv/sports-extra?irct=shop-roi-home-sports-extra&awc=11005_1561732471_bcf2bd5b8f80ab000d4dd5d68f22cc8c&dcmp=afc-78888-na-na-logtail&dclid=COuEzOmyjOMCFeBjFQgdgIoHaw

Not a lot there to keep me with eir for BB so.
    I get Freesports FTA (in HD presently) from satellite.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

So another titbit from that then, Premier Sports and BT Sport will be one pack on Sky, the “Sports Extra” pack. No price though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

icdg wrote: »
    So another titbit from that then, Premier Sports and BT Sport will be one pack on Sky, the “Sports Extra” pack. No price though.

https://www.sky.com/ireland/tv/sports-extra/

It's a pity that both BT & Premier are in one pack. Premier must have an extra 20 PL games on top of the 33 3pm Saturday games

• Advertisement

They do, the games that are on Prime Video in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭ben36

What do you think the price will be?€20 a month or so i'd reckon.I'm a eir broadband customer the last couple of years and it has been brilliant getting bt sports for free through my two sky boxes.Killer having to go back to paying for it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,261 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

30 day cancellation period for Eir Sports I presume?

I moved to Pure Telecom recently so lost the free access, but I signed up at €30 a month to keep the UFC access. I'll have to speak to Sky now to see what happens next.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,736 ✭✭✭lertsnim

ben36 wrote: »
    What do you think the price will be?€20 a month or so i'd reckon.I'm a eir broadband customer the last couple of years and it has been brilliant getting bt sports for free through my two sky boxes.Killer having to go back to paying for it again.

BT Sport is £30 in the UK on its own if you don't have BT Broadband so make of that what you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭swoofer

and to get it in hd you pay an extra £6,50 = £36.50 =¢40.70 and as we always pay more call it 45pm. Just shows how good eir offer was. and with premier sport extra its going to be expensive when grouped together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭galtee boy

swoofer wrote: »
    and to get it in hd you pay an extra £6,50 = £36.50 =¢40.70 and as we always pay more call it 45pm. Just shows how good eir offer was. and with premier sport extra its going to be expensive when grouped together.

Bit of guess work, but here's my prediction, currently Sky Sports €40, let's say 40 for BT, total 80pm, I would reckon an introductory offer of €50 PM for first 6 months including HD, if you have the HD pack anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭swoofer

currently sky sports is 80pm WITH hd but they have an offer for 49pm for 6 months then back to 80. Either way the new packages rolled together are going to make it very expensive. With sky you have to take the basic package, if we could ditch that it would be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Roland27

I also got the sneaky email from Eir. The way they structured it, leading with the 'enjoy all 48 games of the Rugby World Cup!' – and then adding a line beneath 'also, from 1st August 2019 BT Sport will no longer be available as part of the eir sport pack'! They know they are in the ****s with this and lots of people are going to be unhappy. Do they really think they can just drop 4 sports channels and not expect people to be mad? Surely that's a breach in contract somehow?

So am I right in saying that Eir will now offer the BT Sport pack as an additional add-on? But no word on if they are offering Premier Sports also as an add-on, that looks unlikely to happen now and will be just exclusive to Sky?

They will apparently be offering BT Sport to their own customers.

No word on Premier Sports at all. They will be offering FreeSports, so there will be some class of continuing relationship with Setanta/Premier, so don’t give up hope on that front yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Roland27

Yes, the FreeSports curveball is an interesting one. I simply want to watch Serie A – Premier Sports have divided their Serie A coverage between PS1, PS2 and some games on FreeSports. Assuming that will be the case again, that would mean that some Serie A games (though very few and only when they clash with other sports on busy weekends) would be in Eir, even though PS/Sky are the exclusive Serie A rights holders? Christ, I dont fecking know anymore. It does offer hope Eir could do a deal with PS/Sky.

Side note: Eir's official line is that they "anticipate" that eir vision customers will be able to purchase a BT Sport add-on:

For reasons beyond eir’s control, eir will no longer be able to include the BT Sport channels free with the eir sport pack. From 1st of August, we anticipate that eir vision customers will be able to purchase a BT Sport add-on via 1901, myeir and webchat in the same way as they can buy a Sky sport or Cinema add-on today.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Stephen Strange

swoofer wrote: »
    currently sky sports is 80pm WITH hd but they have an offer for 49pm for 6 months then back to 80. Either way the new packages rolled together are going to make it very expensive. With sky you have to take the basic package, if we could ditch that it would be better.

If you have anyway ok Broadband, Nowtv is the way forward. No need for the basic packs then and imagine BT will be available on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

How does Ultra HD work with Sky?

Is it a monthly payment? All I can see is that it comes with the 2TB Box, but no mention when signing up of paying extra per month.

How does Ultra HD work with Sky?

Is it a monthly payment? All I can see is that it comes with the 2TB Box, but no mention when signing up of paying extra per month.

No extra once you have HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

No extra once you have HD.

The website says:
    To watch in Ultra HD, you’ll need:

- A Sky Q 2TB box with the Sky Q Multiscreen subscription.
    - To watch sports, movies or Box Sets in Ultra HD you’ll need the Sky Sports, Sky Cinema and Sky Box Sets subscriptions.

So even if I only want one Sky box, I need to subscribe to Multiscreen to get Ultra HD?

And regarding the second point, if I just want sports in Ultra HD, is it sufficient to just subscribe to the sports pack, or do you need all three? It specifically states "and"....

You need a Sky Q 2TB box and a Multiscreen (Experience in UK - same thing, different name) subscription.

Just to be clear in the context of this thread - neither eir, BT, or Premier Sports are currently offering UHD content on Sky.

• Advertisement

Just to be clear in the context of this thread - neither eir, BT, or Premier Sports are currently offering UHD content on Sky.

I think the multiscreen sub bit is a recent addition, it was just HD sub if memory serves.

I wonder will BT begin offering UHD with the wholesale agreement?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Delta2113

They do, the games that are on Prime Video in the UK.

- Could Eir really carry all the St Stephens Day games on Premier Sports? - Channel capacity issue?

Red button or Premier Player could be options.

My understanding is that BT Sport 4K won’t be on Sky, but with the strangely long lead in time the UK component of this deal has had you never know. Incidentally they still haven’t announced a start date over there, though I would have thought it would be 1st August in both countries

• Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭Brian017

Delta2113 wrote: »
    - Could Eir really carry all the St Stephens Day games on Premier Sports? - Channel capacity issue?

A few games will have staggered kickoff times and be split over a few days. I think they said 26th-28th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

Red button or Premier Player could be options.

My understanding is that BT Sport 4K won’t be on Sky, but with the strangely long lead in time the UK component of this deal has had you never know. Incidentally they still haven’t announced a start date over there, though I would have thought it would be 1st August in both countries

I read a post with no hardcore evidence on DS that a customer with the experience pack was speaking with a CA from Sky and they confirmed that Experience customers and the full sports pack will have access to UHD from BT.

That easily could be BS but I wait in hope as I have a UHD box myself with a mini add on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭landofthetree

Got caught out here. Signed a new contract for 12 months with eir last March. Was led to believe that they would be keeping BT sport by an eir employee.

Worst of all a Vodafone rep called around the area and offered broadband plus BT sports for the same price. :(

I'm never doing business with them after March 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭landofthetree

Roland27 wrote: »
    I also got the sneaky email from Eir. The way they structured it, leading with the 'enjoy all 48 games of the Rugby World Cup!' – and then adding a line beneath 'also, from 1st August 2019 BT Sport will no longer be available as part of the eir sport pack'! They know they are in the ****s with this and lots of people are going to be unhappy. Do they really think they can just drop 4 sports channels and not expect people to be mad? Surely that's a breach in contract somehow?

So am I right in saying that Eir will now offer the BT Sport pack as an additional add-on? But no word on if they are offering Premier Sports also as an add-on, that looks unlikely to happen now and will be just exclusive to Sky?

Most misleading email subject title ever. :mad:

Also ITV will have all the rugby world cup games free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Has anyone rung EIR to see can they get out of their contract due to this?

I'm 12 months through 18 month contract and would be very nice to get out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,736 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Has anyone rung EIR to see can they get out of their contract due to this?

I'm 12 months through 18 month contract and would be very nice to get out of it.

I'm sure the terms you agreed to say that channels can be changed or removed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭bugsyb4

Yes rang Eir and no can't get out of contract unfortunately.

As for that email don't get me started, shower of wa**ers..

Interesting to see how much this add-on will be as assume lot of customers will look elsewhere once their contracts are up, I know I will be anyway!!

Advertisement