Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morning fitness

Options
  • 25-02-2013 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi all,
    I want to get fit, but need an ass kicking. I know I can do it myself, in the past I have, but lazy has taken hold of me.

I work the evening shift, so looking for some classes, personal training or group fitness anything really. But nothing to early after 9am and before 12pm.

I am currently in Unigym, I do like it but its just weights and now I want more.

Thanks all

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

No one can make you do anything, only yourself.

Get a PT if you have the money and feel the need to, but personal I think they are a waste of money when you can get a program from an instructor and just motivate yourself to stick do it and do it.

Does unigym not have classes on? Spinning, trx etc ?

What you mean it's just weights, is there no cardio machines?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Pearkore

Totally agree with you, however I seem to be in a bit of a funk at the moment. I was always the sort to be up early in the mornings, but now I can hardly drag my ass out of bed so unless I have an appointment, I know I will say... feck it, 5 more mins and then no exercise.
    Unigym works for me at the moment as its an appointment based, and I am just getting up on time for that....

Unigym is all weights, I do like weights, but need cardio to stop my flab wobbling.

Not earning big bucks, so I would prefer something cheaper like a class or a very cheap PT.

Any Ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Volvic12

FFS.ie - Fitter, Faster, Stronger - recently opened
    Started going in the last month. Quite good and might work for you.

Yes, Exactly what I am looking for. Classes perfect time. But I forgot to say I am based in galway city east.
    Bummer this looks perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

Pearkore wrote: »
    Totally agree with you, however I seem to be in a bit of a funk at the moment. I was always the sort to be up early in the mornings, but now I can hardly drag my ass out of bed so unless I have an appointment, I know I will say... feck it, 5 more mins and then no exercise.
    Unigym works for me at the moment as its an appointment based, and I am just getting up on time for that....

Unigym is all weights, I do like weights, but need cardio to stop my flab wobbling.

Not earning big bucks, so I would prefer something cheaper like a class or a very cheap PT.

Any Ideas?

Just done a quick google search on unigym there, couldn't get onto their page for some reason, however they do classes.
    Would you not find out what classes they do and what times they are on at, sign yourself up to do 10 or more and pay up front(if they are not included in your membership fees) and that way if you pay up front you will be committed to go to the classes.

Seems ridiculous a gym nit having any cardio equipment:confused:

you could also look into jogging/running. There are different running groups that you could join (most are free), that meet at a certain time each morning or evening and run a route. Google to see if there is any in your area.
    The one I do in Dublin is free and motivates me to get up on a early on a Sunday morning to do some exercise. It's a change from lifting and doing classes in the gym all week.

Set an alarm each morning and just motivate yourself to get up each morning. I can guarantee after a couple of early morning getting up and working out, you will have more energy and it will become easier to get up in the mornings. Eventually it will become routine as appose to an being an effort.

• Advertisement

SunnyDub1 wrote: »

Just done a quick google search on unigym there, couldn't get onto their page for some reason, however they do classes.
    Would you not find out what classes they do and what times they are on at, sign yourself up to do 10 or more and pay up front(if they are not included in your membership fees) and that way if you pay up front you will be committed to go to the classes.

Seems ridiculous a gym nit having any cardio equipment:confused:

you could also look into jogging/running. There are different running groups that you could join (most are free), that meet at a certain time each morning or evening and run a route. Google to see if there is any in your area.
    The one I do in Dublin is free and motivates me to get up on a early on a Sunday morning to do some exercise. It's a change from lifting and doing classes in the gym all week.

Set an alarm each morning and just motivate yourself to get up each morning. I can guarantee after a couple of early morning getting up and working out, you will have more energy and it will become easier to get up in the mornings. Eventually it will become routine as appose to an being an effort.
    Unigym is similar/the same as educogym. They call it a personal training studio. You book an appointment and they stand over you while you do the training. It's a half an hour of weighs. I have seen some improvement in fitness since starting three weeks ago. But want a more rounded fitness ie cardio and weights.
    Pilates and yoga rent studio space from them. But that is the only classes available and that would be more money and altho I do like Pilates. It's not what I am looking for now.
    I have done a search for a running group and can only find weekend morning groups. Not what I want.
    In regards a few early mornings. I had a very stressful year last year and that has changed me from a bubbly outgoing, go getting person. To a lazy person who can not get out of bed and I bore my self. So I am hoping exercise will help me physically and mentally. But unless its an appointment I know I will just stay in bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sadi120

Morning wake and exercise is good for health.

Advertisement