Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plus-size Sports Bras, anyone?

Options
  • 22-02-2013 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

Having recently dedicated myself to getting back in shape, I'm looking at signing up to a local gym. Alas, nosing around for exercise supplies has hoisted a serious reality check upon me, reminding me that it's near impossible to find sports bras that go above an E or F cup. I'm somewhere between 34H - 36G (currently wearing the latter) and would probably need a crowbar to lever myself into anything I regularly see on sale.

Does anyone in here know where I might find an effective and relatively anti-bounce sports bra in a G or H cup? I'd ideally be looking for a walk-in shop somewhere around Cork (I like to try things on first) but would be open to online stores with a reasonable return policy and delivery charge.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

I feel like a shill for this crowd sometimes cos I recommend them all the time, but I have found bramora fantastic for bras for big boobs. they are based in Dublin but have a website and are good to advise over the phone.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Try a large branch of Elverys - the branch of Elverys in the basement of Arnotts is now stocking the Panache sports bra, which I've found really good (I'm in the 30GG-H range and I run, so need serious support too!).

If you want to look online - try Brastop or Figleaves. Both UK-based and relatively quick to deliver. Debenhams have a pretty good selection online, in-store can be a bit variable.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Ms. Perfect

Marks and Spencer has sport bras up to 36GG but I guess it takes bit of luck to find them in a store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Try a large branch of Elverys - the branch of Elverys in the basement of Arnotts is now stocking the Panache sports bra, which I've found really good (I'm in the 30GG-H range and I run, so need serious support too!).

If you want to look online - try Brastop or Figleaves. Both UK-based and relatively quick to deliver. Debenhams have a pretty good selection online, in-store can be a bit variable.

+1 to this. I recently bought a Panache sports bra and it's great. You can order it from Bravissimo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭BizzyLizzie

I always get mine in Debenhams. I find Shock Absorber the best. I'm 32F ish and these babies need scaffolding but Shock Absorber seem to do the job. There's two types though, one that gives you pointy boobs. Get the other type unless you like the Madonna/Cone look! You could always try them on in store then go to ebay or something to find the same size for far cheaper :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I always get mine in Debenhams. I find Shock Absorber the best. I'm 32F ish and these babies need scaffolding but Shock Absorber seem to do the job. There's two types though, one that gives you pointy boobs. Get the other type unless you like the Madonna/Cone look! You could always try them on in store then go to ebay or something to find the same size for far cheaper :)
    Seconding Shock Absorber!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Ms. Perfect

I find Shock Absorber the best. There's two types though, one that gives you pointy boobs. Get the other type unless you like the Madonna/Cone look!

I made that mistake once. The Madonna look just about sums it up. :D

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I made that mistake once. The Madonna look just about sums it up. :D

The problem there is that when you get to a certain size the coneboob one (N109) is way more supportive than the crop top type one (B4490). I have both in a 32G, the crop top one is terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭BizzyLizzie

The problem there is that when you get to a certain size the coneboob one (N109) is way more supportive than the crop top type one (B4490). I have both in a 32G, the crop top one is terrible.

I had to get it in a size smaller than usual. Squish them down! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Clockwork Owl

That's great, thanks so much! I've checked out some of those places already and have found far more luck already.

Thank-you!

• Advertisement
Advertisement