Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One off houseing causeing obesity in Children.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭ChippingSodbury

Lies, damn lies, and statistics.....although there are no statistics being presented to back up the OP because I'd guess none exist.

The biggest factor in childhood obesity, or any other obesity, is the quantity/ quality of food that vanishes down the cakehole. Exercise is probably a close second. I'd wager that schools that have a "no running during breaks" policy, computer games etc. would have a far greater influence on weight than where you live.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Valetta wrote: »
    Too much time spent on Computers and too many take aways.

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

I am always hearing about obese children but I can honestly say I see very little over weight children. I live in a very busy commuter town with tons of kids and I can't remember a time where I thought, now there's a fat kid. Same goes for my younger siblings and all their friends. I reckon the whole fat kid in front of the computer all day is exaggerated. It's adults who are the lazy fatties if you ask me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

livinsane wrote: »
    I am always hearing about obese children but I can honestly say I see very little over weight children. I live in a very busy commuter town with tons of kids and I can't remember a time where I thought, now there's a fat kid. Same goes for my younger siblings and all their friends. I reckon the whole fat kid in front of the computer all day is exaggerated. It's adults who are the lazy fatties if you ask me.
    We become desensitised to it. When I look at myself now I see a sexy ride of a man, my ten year old self woul see a fat bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,391 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

livinsane wrote: »

Thats a good point I don't see any fat children where I live, although you do see more teenagers who are over weight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

Seriously?

I thought the thread title was from that website that generates random Daily Mail headlines.

Alas its not and how I have lost fate in humanity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭starlings

What a load of rubbish.
    Its because they eat too much and exercise too little.
    It doesn't help that parents think pedos obsessed with riding 200lb children are waiting around every corner.

...in a white van. Why are they always in a white van? Dead giveaway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Just repeating what it says above, it does not matter where you live, child/teenage obesity is not caused by this. Its the parents! If you give a child ****e food every day,sit them on front of the tele every day after school and at weekend, of course they are going to be overweight! No matter where you live, there is nothing stopping you going out for a walk with your kids, or bringing a ball and having a kick about, even going to a playground for god sake. Its not rocket science!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

osarusan wrote: »
    Is there even any evidence to suggest that children in rural locations are on average more overweight than children in urban locations?
    I wouldn't say so. I'd say that the most reliable measurement is income bracket and education of parents. I'm pretty sure that most obese children would be found in council estates. I'm quoting from memory and am to lazy to find source. Besides I wouldn't like to stop a debate based on some silly generalisations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

starlings wrote: »
    ...in a white van. Why are they always in a white van? Dead giveaway.

Easier to hide the semen stains.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭repsol

Easier to hide the semen stains.

But red ones are better for hiding blood stains.:D

Advertisement