Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gay People are Living The Way They Want To

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Why is this anything to do with the business of councils or corporations?:confused:

...because elected representatives are the ideal candidate to dictate private morality to the population at large. Cultured, urbane and intelligent, they are the light at the end of our tunnel.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

davet82 wrote: »
    because they've filled in all the potholes?

It was a serious question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Erasure are brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Nodin wrote: »
    ...because elected representatives are the ideal candidate to dictate private morality to the population at large. Cultured, urbane and intelligent, they are the light at the end of our tunnel.

I can now see why Kerry County Council became involved, because that covers their delusions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

bluewolf wrote: »
    Every time they say "lifestyle choice"

Getting married is a lifestyle choice. I assume that's what it meant by the right to choose to live the way you want.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

Local Governments consist of what? middle aged people with no grasp on reality, who sit in their Ivory towers looking down on their minions, squeezing us taxpayers for every God damn drop of blood they can get! Individuals who want to issue licence's to people to actually drink and drive!! Are these the type of people that we want to listen to? All local Governments are the same but have different perceptions based on their encounters with their constituents on a regular basis, they sway that easily. I would not pay heed nor attention to such representatives that allow their "opinions" to be swayed in such a swift manner. And, for any person to even contemplate entering a conversation with another person on "why someone is gay" simply because of the chemical design of a human being, and placing their basis for any reasonable dialogue or argument on such, is simply juvenile and irrelevant and holds no constructive discussion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

ejmaztec wrote: »
    It was a serious question.

mine is a serious answer (in a piss take sort of way), isn't fillin in potholes what they should be doing or something along them lines instead of trying...
    Nodin wrote: »
    to dictate private morality to the population at large.

^^^ I couldn't have put it any better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,094 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

"Gays. They're embarrassing America. They turned the navy into a floating joke. They ruined all our best names like Bruce and Lance and Julian. Those were the toughest names we had!"- Homer Simpson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

orestes wrote: »
    Whaddya mean has no effect on us? What if I have kids one day and they see two of the gays getting married? Next thing I know little Billy doesn't want to play football anymore and I'm forking out money every week for ballet lessons! I'll probably end up having to lock him under the stairs so the rest of the kid at school don't catch the gay from him! Twenty years down the line I have some tutu wearing Norman Bates serial killer on my hands who keeps trying to have sex with the male cops that come to arrest him!

Bloody gays, socially irrresponsible is what ye are! :mad:

'Tis the price of equality all right :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 352 ✭✭Bertie Woot

Gay people suffer from a psychosexual disorder.

mod:
    banned.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Seriously? Care to actually explain that? Because pretty much every major psychological and psychiatric body in the western world would say that it is not any kind of disorder at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

ahh i gettit, who needs evidence like- this sounds legit..

:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 352 ✭✭Bertie Woot

Links234 wrote: »
    Seriously? Care to actually explain that? Because pretty much every major psychological and psychiatric body in the western world would say that it is not any kind of disorder at all.

Homosexuality was struck of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders in America in 1972 a, not because psychiatrists no longer viewed it as a mental illness or psychological abnormality, but because they were under huge public pressure to enter the spirit of the times, with all of the liberation stuff that had gone on in the late 60's.

If homosexuality was normal, then we'd all be indulging in mass bottom-banditry and consequently endangering the survival of the species. The anus was designed as an out-hole, not an in-hole.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

^^^
    Banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Homosexuality was struck of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders in America in 1972 a, not because psychiatrists no longer viewed it as a mental illness or psychological abnormality, but because they were under huge public pressure to enter the spirit of the times, with all of the liberation stuff that had gone on in the late 60's.

lemme guess, Actor is that you? wonderful to see you with us again. I missed your unrelenting posts of fecal-fascination :)

No, it wasn't because of pressure, the fact simply is that there is no evidence to suggest that homosexuality is a disorder, yet buttloads of evidence to suggest otherwise.
    If homosexuality was normal, then we'd all be indulging in mass bottom-banditry and consequently endangering the survival of the species. The anus was designed as an out-hole, not an in-hole.

what you're saying is, the only thing stopping you from raiding the brown eye is that it's not the done thing? and that you feel everyone probably has the same inclinations but only hold back because of societal norms?

gotcha ;)

Advertisement