Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sea Sessions 2013

Options
  • 21-02-2013 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭

Sea Sessions 2013 : Bundoran June 21st - 23rd

No Line-up just yet but one of the headline acts is being announced this Friday.

Weekend Tickets €89 available from here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Rastadoyle

heard about this but have never gone. mite try this year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭lc180

Yeah I'm definitely going this year. Supposed to be a great wee festival with a laid back vibe.

Haven't heard any solid rumours yet but they hinted on facebook about some of the smaller acts on the line-up including SOAK, The Strypes and Le Galaxie.

Would love the see Little Green Cars, Kodaline and The Cast of Cheers on the bill this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭j2dab

I met my wife at Sea Sessions 2011. Good auld Craic.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Sea Sessions Surf & Music Festival
    Yes we can confirm that Fat Freddy's Drop are one of our headliners. They're an amazing live band you need to check them out...!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Might go this year. Never bothered before but have friends that go every year.

• Advertisement

Rumours has it Ocean Colour Scene are on the bill, probably one of the headliners

Mentioned on their twitter/fb pages that another headliner will be announced this Thursday and the rest of the line-up will be announced on March 21st.

Current UK chartoppers Bastille have just been confirmed as one of the headliners

Line up announced tomorrow. Launch party at 6.30 in the Workmans Clubs.

I've heard no real rumours at all this year so tomorrow should be interesting!

lc180 wrote: »
    Line up announced tomorrow. Launch party at 6.30 in the Workmans Clubs.

I've heard no real rumours at all this year so tomorrow should be interesting!

YEa looking forward to the announcement myself . Guessing Le Galaxie , Strypes, Kodaline will be on the bill . What are the chances of Bloc Party as headliners :)

• Advertisement

YEa looking forward to the announcement myself . Guessing Le Galaxie , Strypes, Kodaline will be on the bill . What are the chances of Bloc Party as headliners :)

Le Galaxie were confirmed a couple days ago on their fb pages.

Would love if Kodaline got announced. Bloc Party would be amazing but just can't see it. I hope I'm wrong!

lc180 wrote: »
    Le Galaxie were confirmed a couple days ago on their fb pages.

Would love if Kodaline got announced. Bloc Party would be amazing but just can't see it. I hope I'm wrong!

Yea im kinda hoping for Bloc Party for either Sea Sessions or INDIE

Yea im kinda hoping for Bloc Party for either Sea Sessions or INDIE

I checked and they are playing elsewhere those 3 days in June so no luck!

Dates still free for Indie so still some hope! Would prefer they played that than EP

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

bloc party are playing latitude and so possibly longitude

sweetie wrote: »
    bloc party are playing latitude and so possibly longitude

Possibly? If Bloc Party are announced for Longitude I'll eat my cat.

Possibly? If Bloc Party are announced for Longitude I'll eat my cat.

Where would they play at Longitiude? All the headliners are announced and cant see them subbing

Fat Freddys Drop, Xavier Rudd and Bastille headlining in Bundoran, Co Donegal from the 21st – 23rd June.

Sea Sessions have released their official 2013 lineup and the headliners for each day are Fat Freddys Drop, Xavier Rudd and Bastille.

This will be Sea Sessions 6th year running as the biggest and greatest beach party in Ireland. Sea Sessions is the only festival of its kind, offering party goers a surfer spin, incorporated with the love of great music.

Daniel Browne, festival organiser says “Musically we are really going back to our roots here. This is a big beach party and we want to make sure the music reflects that fun loving happy life by the beach kind a thing we have going on. There is a fairly eclectic mix of music in the line up but it all has one thing in common, it’s quality. I remember a friend asking me once ‘well what kind of music do surfers like’ and I couldn’t answer as there isn’t really a surfer genre of music, there’s surfers that like drum and bass and surfers that love rock so we try and make sure the line up is as diverse the people coming to enjoy it”

“We’re really excited about the line-up this year. We’ve got New Zealand’s seven piece and one of the finest Live acts out there, Fat Freddy’s Drop, who play a mix of Reggae with Funk and even a hint of Electronica, plus from the same end of the world Australian Xavier Rudd. Not only is he a surfer but his mix of acoustic tunes and multi instruments have us very excited. He’s a big hit on the festival circuit and we can’t wait to see his live show. Closer to home Bastille are the one that are on everyone’s lips. Their version of Indie Pop is obviously popular. A number one album in the UK is testament to that.” say Ray ‘Razor’ O’Donoghue, Booker and Organiser. “Along with the headliners there are loads of interesting acts. The Milk, they’re from Essex and they play a kind of UK Soul. “The Jam doing Stax” are how The Guardian described them. Soak, Derry singer songwriter, she’s definitely one to watch and The Strypes. I just love their sound. It’s like early Rolling Stones and Yard Birds with serious guitar playing. I think Weller and Dave Grohl have been name checking them so another up and coming.” continues Razor.

“The Original Rude Boys and their infectious acoustic Hip-Hop plus Northern Hard Rockers Therapy? are also interesting acts on the line-up. Plus the legend that is Mud Morganfield is flying in from Chicago just for Sea Sessions. He’s the eldest son of Muddy Waters and he sounds exactly like him.”

Other Irish Acts include Le Galaxie, Foy Vance, Duke Special, Frank and Walters and festival favorites The Minutes. Plus International artists such as Ben Caplan, William Adamson and Ayah Marar add even more diversity to the line up.

“We’ve also got a storming DJ line up this year with Legendary DJ Gilles Peterson. He’s famous for discovering the likes of Jamiroquai, Erykah Badu and Roni Size. Anyone that listens to his Sat afternoon BBC 6 show will know he’s going to drop anything from Latin Beats to Dub Step alongside MC Earl Zinger. Other DJ’s include Greg Wilson, Aeroplane, DJ Yoda, Delta Heavy, Krafty Kuts, Billy Scurry and of course Manchester’s finest with a 4 hour special Mr Scruff.

There’s loads more acts including Funk / Hip-Hop 12 Piece Brass band Renegade Brass Band plus countless Irish acts and DJ’s. Exciting times ahead.”

There are lots of exciting new developments this year with the inclusion of some very cool inflatable structures from new sponsor Vodafone and also the Desperados stages. Mountain Dew are also bringing ‘Brushboarding’ to the set up, looks sure to be an attraction within itself.

Not forgetting where the festivals roots come from The Barefoot beach Olympics and Surf events are still a great highlight of the weekend, with already huge enquiries from last year’s competitors trying and suss out the competition. The Barefoot Expression Session Surf Event is the biggest cash prize and this year it’s the only Specialty event to be sanctioned by the ASP ‘Association of Surfing Professionals’

The involvement with The Gathering has already seen a marked increase in overseas enquiries with a lot of people noticing the event as being a great fun place to party and watch a high quality surf event. With such great incentives overseas people are now falling onto the shores of Bundoran, Co Donegal.

There has already been a huge increase of ticket sales due to the leak of incredible acts over the last few weeks. Fans who didn’t already snag a ticket can still purchase one through Entertainment.ie and the Festival website www.seasessions.com though sparse. Book now to avoid disappointment.

Weekend Tickets are €89.00, and Weekend Tickets with camping included are €99.00 – Festival dates 21st-23rd June 2013.

Enough folks on the lineup to keep me going but overall a little disapointed!

Where would they play at Longitiude? All the headliners are announced and cant see them subbing

Ooh err I should have added to the end of that post that I'm pretty confident I won't be eating my cat this Summer :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

saturday maybe? They're not that big a band...

• Advertisement

They sold out two nights at the Olympia in February. I'd be very surprised. The festival suits them, but they're probably playing EP/Oxegen instead.

They are just as big as Vampire Weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

The Minutes have just announced they are playing this as well.

Getting very interested, but only want to stay 2 nights. Is their a running order yet? Or anyone know generally when that becomes known?

niallo24 wrote: »
    The Minutes have just announced they are playing this as well.

Getting very interested, but only want to stay 2 nights. Is their a running order yet? Or anyone know generally when that becomes known?

They are headlining the North Shore stage on the sat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

They are headlining the North Shore stage on the sat

Cheers, do you have a link to the running order?

niallo24 wrote: »
    Cheers, do you have a link to the running order?

Ha no , The Minutes just announced they are headlining the second stage

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ronan Doyle

saw a link to win vip tickets to that event. worth a shot anyway.

https://www.facebook.com/rumblersram...85948151472542

• Registered Users Posts: 10 SBizzle

Hey, does anyone know if they're really strict on ID? Would love to bring my little brother who's 17, but I'm 19 so can't sign on as a guardian..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

SBizzle wrote: »
    Hey, does anyone know if they're really strict on ID? Would love to bring my little brother who's 17, but I'm 19 so can't sign on as a guardian..

~I'd say they'd be grand to be honest. jsut pal in beside someone older. someone will help you out

Advertisement