Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In the horrors. On Tuesday.

Options
  • 19-02-2013 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Oh my God, I'm in the absolute horrors this morning at work. Went out for a cheeky couple of beers yesterday evening at work. Fell in the door at around 12. Other half not happy. Late for work this morning. Stink of yesterday's neglect off me. Left my jacket in the bar I was in. Paranoia if anyone looks sideways at me in my open plan office. Feeling all alone in the world.

AND THERE IS STILL ALMOST A FULL WORKING WEEK TO GET THROUGH.

What are AH tips on getting through this awful awful Tuesday?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Drakares

Guiness fart something chronic one moment before your manager comes to your desk to ask you for something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

Go for a couple of pints at lunchtime - be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭lahalane

Dont think about it so much...use your job to distract you...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

How in the name of fcuk can people drink that much on a regular basis? Jesus. Next time exercise some self control, OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,025 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Get a breakfast roll and a naggin into you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Drakares

Confab wrote: »
    How in the name of fcuk can people drink that much on a regular basis? Jesus. Next time exercise some self control, OP.

How do you know he drinks on a regular basis? Off your horse, mate.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090720220818/familyguy/images/3/33/Buzz_Killington.jpg

:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Make sure to post it on the internet anyway that you drank too much. Maybe you can suggest your boss joins boards too, s/he will think you're really cool

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭thror

I wish I did drink that much on a regular basis. Today would be much easier with a bit of previous form.

thror wrote: »
    I wish I did drink that much on a regular basis. Today would be much easier with a bit of previous form.

Well then thats the solution

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 MrsWhite2

Lots of water and 2 panadol!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Lucozade sport and double cheeseburger

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Durty fry for lunch, straight to bed when you get home. Be grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

bluewolf wrote: »
    Make sure to post it on the internet anyway that you drank too much. Maybe you can suggest your boss joins boards too, s/he will think you're really cool

Cooler than your condescending comment?:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

You're fired, I'll post your P45 out to you, now clear out your desk and feck off!

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Mac-Chops

As the boyos on drinkaware love to say the only cure is time.. (or puking)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

**** and a poo in the toilet should do the trick.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

The only hangover cure I've found are benzodiazepines. I use Lorazepam myself. If you've none of those you're f**ked.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

"Who wants to hear a story about a bridge...."

OP, try knocking back a can or 2 of energy drink

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Draydis80

A litre of red bull followed by 4 mugs of coffee. 2 packs of skips for lunch or get John Goodman to sort you out flight style.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭djfattony2000

Dioralyte, get it in the chemist.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Eat about 50 McDonalds chicken nuggets

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

The 3 P's are what you need; A pee, poo, and a good puke..........preferably all at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭thror

Thanks for the tips. Sending emails to my friends and noone is replying. Makes me feel even more unloved by the world, but i'm getting through it.

The real test is when I go back to the bar at lunchtime to see if they have my jacket and cards. If I get through that I truly can get through anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,719 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Oh my God, I'm in the absolute horrors this morning at work. Went out for a cheeky couple of beers yesterday evening at work. Fell in the door at around 12. Other half not happy. Late for work this morning. Stink of yesterday's neglect off me. Left my jacket in the bar I was in. Paranoia if anyone looks sideways at me in my open plan office. Feeling all alone in the world.

Still in the horrors after falling in the door at midnight. Hardly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭carly_86

I am playing a really sad song on the smallest violin just for you. I was out myself last night till 3 and i am in work till 7 on my own. Still slightly drunk Mmm i love being Irish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭frank reynolds

do this:
    get to the pharmacy, take 5 "Revive" tablets (like berocca only they WORK if you take 5 with a h/o) and drink 2 pints of water before lunch and you'll be sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I have so little sympathy for self inflicted ailments like hangovers that it makes me really angry and want to kick something really hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

carly_86 wrote: »
    I am playing a really sad song on the smallest violin just for you. I was out myself last night till 3 and i am in work till 7 on my own. Still slightly drunk Mmm i love being Irish

Not sure if people still say this but I feel it's appropriate. Shcwarrrrrrrrrr. *loses its effect in text I know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Where To wrote: »
    I have so little sympathy for self inflicted ailments like hangovers that it makes me really angry and want to kick something really hard.

Start with yourself.

Advertisement