Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Betting Log

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Havent the head for a detailed post on this but after spending the day in a&e and doing bit more research (on my phone, so it wasnt exactly in dept) but I decided to add a couple of small doubles.

4 x 0.5pt e/w doubles Bjorn & Dustin into Fowler & Dufner (4pt outlay)

Weeks total outlay: 16pts

1pt win Alex Cejka @300.2
    1pt win Alex Cejka @55.0 top 5

Cejka grow up in Munich were this event takes place and in his last 6 appearances at the course he has 3 top 3s to his name. He was 125/1 with most bookies so I think the 300s on offer from betfair was a bit too big. Will hopefully lay some off for some profit if he trades below 50.0 at any stage

no luck this week

Old Balance: +1118pts

This weeks outlay: 18pts

ruturns: 0

Current Balance: +1100pts

I have been very busy this week because going away on holidays tomorrow so havent been able to but as much research in this week and will be the same next week. Which is a shame because I love the Irish Open.

In the build up to the Irish Open I was all about the course member Shane Lowry who also lives within Carton House but by the time I got around to backing he was 22/1 which is far too short for my liking, I might get involved in play with him coz I expect him to drift even with a solid 1st round. Another I think is too short is Thomas Bjorn. I think Mikko Ilonen could be a decent bet at 33/1 he has been in good form of late so could be a bit of value. Also if mcilroy plays to 80% his ability the 8/1 available on him could look very big.

AT&T is a tough one to predict with pros and cons for everyone in the field. I was hoping Kucher would line up here as I had him earmarked for this, another was scott stallings and kevin chappel but these guys have gone from being 3 figure prices to 50s and less so I think any value is gone. I like Jason Day and its the same boat as mcIlroy if on form he could be a good bet at 14s but I decided not to do him singly. One I am going to chance is Nick Watney at 50's I know he hasnt been in great form but I am hoping this course can spark him into life.

In the womens U.S. Open Inbee Park is the Tiger Woods of the ladies tour she has a brilliant record this year and if bringing her A game she is by far the best player in the field and 11/2 could look very big

Bets
    1pt e/w Ilonen @33/1 6places Irish Open
    1pt e/w Watney @50/1 5places AT&T
    1pt e/w Double

2pt Trixie
    McIlroy @8/1 Irish Open
    Day @14/1 AT&T
    Inbee Park @11/2 Womens U.S. Open

Looks like I was a week too early with joost maybe the same will happen with ilonen for next week

Added yesterday at some stage

2pt e/w on jacqui line @22/1 paying 4 places

I don't hold up much hope now though I'd say he is twice that today

• Advertisement

Sorry away at the min will update fully on friday when home.

France
    Kucher
    Noren

Usa
    Stallings
    Oostheisen

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Sorry away at the min will update fully on friday when home.

France
    Kucher
    Noren

Usa
    Stallings
    Oostheisen

not fully back in the real world yet and just checked by bets and they are messed up

2pt win kucher @16/1
    1pt e/w noren @30/1

the next two i messed up because because i thought I had 1pt e/w on both of them but after checking my account and it seems I only had a win on both of them :mad:

1pt win oostuizen @33/1
    1pt win stallings @40/1

I am kicking myself but I should of just stayed away this week because i was on holidays hopefully i can get back into the swing of things for next week.

current balance: +1076pts

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 786 ✭✭✭fangee

Not going too well is it ?

Poor return especially if you include the AFTER TIMING.

Might go head to head with you on this thread over the next few weeks just to show that you're really going nowhere.

Unless your 'point' is €1.

Thats where we would lose reality.

My minimum bet is usually between €400 to €1800.

I have the odd stake savers for €30-€50.

Due to your previous concerns about my stakes I think we should stick up 'print screens' of our bets.

I'm thinking of having €2,000 on Snedeker for the Open.

What do you think ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭h2005

fangee wrote: »

Might go head to head with you on this thread over the next few weeks just to show that you're really going nowhere.

Due to your previous concerns about my stakes I think we should stick up 'print screens' of our bets.

What do you think ?

Sober up yet?

What do you think ?

you really are a twat of the highest order

• Advertisement

I'll take that as a no so.

Back to your 10 cent EW bets.

I'll take that as a no so.

Back to your 10 cent EW bets.

serious question have you got an I.D.?

redzerdrog wrote: »
    serious question have you got an I.D.?

Why the aggression ?

I just thought you might be willing to put your money where your mouth is.

My only stipulation would be that you're not allowed to pick 10 players per tournament or how many you normally pick.

Just one player.

Why the aggression ?

I just thought you might be willing to put your money where your mouth is.

My only stipulation would be that you're not allowed to pick 10 players per tournament or how many you normally pick.

Just one player.

listen everyone knows your a spoofer! you are more than welcome to run your own log and see how you get one and if you had any clue what so ever you would know that being up over a 1000 points profit is a good return in anyones book but go ahead and try it yourself bigballs and see how you get on.

By the way how many Bar One shops are there in the costa brava?

Spoofer!

Liking the look of McDowell in France.

20 point win at 9/5.

20 point win at 9/5.

make your own log thanks

and mcdowell is best price 6/4

spoofer

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Back on topic please! Bans will be handed out. The rule is: report a post, don't respond.

Going to take a chance on Blixt in the greenbrier tonight. Will need to shoot low and hope the two in front faulter.

50 points at 10/1.

20 point win at 9/5.

Nice start. That's a 36 point profit.

so set up your own log big balls and lets see how ya get on

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

MOD:

Redzerdrog: 1 week ban for personal abuse
    Fangee: 1 week ban for trolling

will add all profit/losses for the past week when I get the chance tomorrow, very busy this week but should get the chance to tidy everything up tomorrow.

Sorry there is no write up this week as too busy.

Bets so far:
    5pt e/w garcia @30/1 8 places
    2pt e/w mcilroy @28/1 8 places
    2pt e/w Kucher @45/1 8 places
    2pt e/w ilonen @110/1 8 places

a few that I left out are snedeaker, laird and donaldson

last total was +1076

bets since last update total: 19pts

returns:+50pts

Current Balance: +1107pts

1pt win Mahan @40/1

disappointing week

Old Balance: +1107pts

this weeks bets: 23pts

Returns: 0

Current Balance: +1084pts

Very poor field in Russia and the Canadian Open is a strange one because it was a decent field but with the Open last week and the WGC and USPGA over the next couple of weeks I have stayed away from the big guns.

Russian Open
    1pt E/W Mortem Orun Madsen @25/1

another I considered for here was Romain Wattel but I decided the odds were not good enough so stayed away

Canadian Open
    1pt E/W David Hearn @66/1
    1pt E/W Chris Kirk @50/1

David Hearn is a Canadian who is ok form recently with a number of top 20s which is topped off by a 2nd place finish 2 weeks ago. Kirk also fits the profile I was looking for as a lesser light who didnt play the Open instead he had a top 10 finish in the U.S.

Total outlay: 6pts

another disappointing week but at least the outlay was minimal

old balance:+1084pts

this weeks outlay: 6pts

returns: 0

Balance: +1078pts

really looking forward to the next two weeks so hopefully have time tomorrow to look at thing in a bit of depth

cant get a bet on tonight, internet access is restricted in work and my phone batt dead with no charger :mad:

Prob wont have any access until tomorrow evening so not sure what i will get on but some of my fancies are:

Battencourt first round leader in the renoe tahoe
    small win on harrington as this format should suit him in theory

I like Dustin Johnson this week aswell this course suits the bombers and he is in decent form.
    Keegan Bradly is another historically he has a great record on par 70 courses and although not in great form lately hi is consistantly in the top 30 or so.
    Stricker depending on price could be worth a couple of quid.

The ladies brittish open although I am a big fan of Inbee Park i would take her on at the prices possibly with Paula Creamer.

as I said they are just my thoughts at the minute and a lot can happen by the time I get the chance to have a bet

• Advertisement

keegan going well would have been a nice sweat, I will kick myself if he wins

havent had any bets this week yet gona wait till end of play today and then do something for interest over the weekend

Advertisement