Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National aquatic centre

Options
  • 18-02-2013 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭

Hello , I'm thinking about signing up for membership at the national aquatic centre just for the pool and sauna\steamroom. I read a post on an online review site saying that the sauna is always packed and is pretty small. Does anybody here have any experience of it?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Seanachai wrote: »
    Hello , I'm thinking about signing up for membership at the national aquatic centre just for the pool and sauna\steamroom. I read a post on an online review site saying that the sauna is always packed and is pretty small. Does anybody here have any experience of it?.

Im a member and i love the place

Yes the jacuzzi has a limit of 4 people

Pool is great although i dont use it often , more a gym person

Least you don't get tossers in it

Pm me i'll tell u how to get a few quid off memership

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

The sauna is about as big as any I've seen in Ireland. There's never been more than 3 or 4 others in it when I've used it. People tend not to stay in it for too long for obvious reasons anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Cheers , thanks for the info. I'm going up soon to check it out for myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Silvermist13

I was also thinking of becoming a member.

Are the changing areas communal or private cubicles to change.

And most importantly are they clean ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭enoughalready

Hi all,

I was thinking of joining as a member of the National Aquatic Centre, mainly to avail of a swim twice a week and the use of the sauna / stream room / jacuzzi - does anyone know of any discounts or vouchers available to minimise cost? Just trying to be thrifty with my coppers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

They do an off peak membership which gives you gym, pool and spa access if you're a morning person.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Years ago I got a 'corporate discount' as my company did business in the local area. Maybe query if that still exists and then engineer* yourself a local job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭enoughalready

connundrum wrote: »
    Years ago I got a 'corporate discount' as my company did business in the local area. Maybe query if that still exists and then engineer* yourself a local job.

I work in Clonsilla, would that be a local job? Good advice, thanks

Advertisement