Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video of man caught trying to meet 15 year old for sex

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

twinQuins wrote: »
    I think the point is that outside of a sufficient investigation we've only these guys' word to go on - what happens when an innocent person is injured or killed because they got it wrong?

They had enough proof to make the man apologize and grovel. They didnt get anything wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭RaRaRasputin

msg11 wrote: »
    In Irish law, anyone under the age of 17 is a child.

Seriously? 15 is a teenager..

Surely not the best source, but even wikipeadia differentiates between the different age groups.

Ephebophilia is the primary or exclusive adult sexual interest in mid-to-late adolescents, generally ages 15 to 19.

Hebephilia is one of several types of chronophilia (a preference for a sexual partner who appears to be of a specific age), in this case a primary or exclusive sexual interest in pubescent individuals approximately 11–14 years old - approximate because age of onset of puberty varies.

going after a 15 year old is still wrong and should be punished but the guy is just a pedophile.
    One of those cases where the word is being used to get more clicks on youtube (as was mentioned by others here before)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

gallag wrote: »
    Yes sir, a 61 yo man having sex with a 15 yo girl is indeed rape, morally and legally.

I thought he was intending to have sex? I can't see the video cause YT is messing up for me but I thought the entire thing was he was planning on having sex and didn't actually have sex?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

I think the point is that outside of a sufficient investigation we've only these guys' word to go on - what happens when an innocent person is injured or killed because they got it wrong?

Agreed. That guy could have a mental disorder and is making these claims for attention... personally I think he looked guilty enough to be detained and handed over to the police.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

What did he do, exactly? Expect to have sex with a 15 year old? That's not a child rapist is it?
    Although I haven't gotten to watch the video yet so...

Good point. There's a big difference between someone having consensual sex with a 15 year old and someone raping a 5 year old.

(I'm not saying that it's right, but that it's very different)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

The guy admitted it on camera, he went there to rape a child, I will be shocked if the bleeding heart brigade fight his corner!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭twinQuins

Melion wrote: »
    They had enough proof to make the man apologize and grovel. They didnt get anything wrong.

This time. It's a matter of "when" not "if".
    The guy admitted it on camera, he went there to rape a child, I will be shocked if the bleeding heart brigade fight his corner!!!

Let's just nip this BS in the bud - I'm not fighting his corner. I'm saying eventually they'll mistakenly implicate an innocent person which is why they shouldn't be allowed do this.

Did he use the word rape?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

A 15 year old is not a child, so this guy can't be classed as a paedophile!

I agree in a biological sense. I think whether the girl/boy is post or pre pubescent should be taken into consideration when naming people as paedophiles. I think most girls would have started to feel "adult" at 15; I know I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Jet Black

fatknacker wrote: »
    How come internet paedos are often middle aged men? Is there some sort of sick switch that goes off once they're over the hill?

Usually their own kids going by what's in women's magazines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Downlinz

Why should society care if a child rapist gets attacked? **** him.

It's always funny how much society pleads for understanding and acceptance for psychological disorders like alcoholism, but for another disorder like pedophilia even if someone never acted upon it they are treated like the scourge of the earth. I can't imagine what it's like to have that disorder and those urges, it must be a very desolate and lonely place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

He has not been convicted, that's what courts are there for, they should have handed that cam footage over to the cops first before posting it on UTube.

If it dose go to court your man will more than likely get off on a technicality.

Did he use the word rape?

If you have sex with someone below the age of consent it is non-consensual.

He has not been convicted, that's what courts are there for, they should have handed that cam footage over to the cops first before posting it on UTube.

They have a second video I, I see.
    It's about a 44 year old I think looking to meet with a 14 year old.

TBH, I watched the first two or three minutes of it and instantly dismissed it as two lads trying to be gobshítes and have no respect at all.

If they gave a damn, they'd have gone to the police instead of "lol we're so funny catching a guy"

• Registered Users Posts: 32 hide2013

having sex with a girl of 15 is statury rape in ireland since she is not considered mature enough to consent but it is not paedphelia which is a referance to sex with pre adolescent children. but it is widely used in the media as a rabble rousing general insult.

Most people would agree that statutory rape isn't the same as forced sex.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Vatican? As someone who has been there, there is nowhere that you could get your groove on.

Even the confession booths are open!

The verb "To rape" From dictionary.com

to force to have sexual intercourse.

to plunder (a place); despoil.

to seize, take, or carry off by force

So, you're saying he went there to force someone. As in hold them down, possibly beat them etc..

Downlinz wrote: »

It's always funny how much society pleads for understanding and acceptance for psychological disorders like alcoholism, but for another disorder like pedophilia even if someone never acted upon it they are treated like the scourge of the earth. I can't imagine what it's like to have that disorder and those urges, it must be a very desolate and lonely place.
    It was a ****ing 61 yo man going to have sex with a child, the law defines that as rape as the child would be easly coerced, you would not let a child make complicated financial deals that could affect the rest of it life. Cant believe people actually have compassion for this scum bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Very dangerous to post such a video without solid logs of the steps leading up to it and a legal expert to give their opinion on it.

"Entrapment" and "defamation" are the first two words that spring to mind.

• Advertisement

Downlinz wrote: »

I agree to an extent but because of the danger they pose its better that we "play it safe". Its not like we have to lynch every one of them, prison is a very safe place to keep them.
    Alcoholism is treatable, paedophiles will always reoffend.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Should society care if his car which is clearly shown gets attacked with his grand daughter inside?

We have a trained police force to deal with this not a bunch of idiots with a camera and ambition to one day work for the daily mail.

It was a ****ing 61 yo man going to have sex with a child, the law defines that as rape as the child would be easly coerced, you would not let a child make complicated financial deals that could affect the rest of it life. Cant believe people actually have compassion for this scum bag.

We're not defending him at all.
    We're defending the fact that two idiots (which one of them is 40 odd from the video) decided to play internet detective to get some views on YouTube.

Wait that came out wrong I mean, it's basically two idiots and people are jumping the gun

Do you understand the meaning of the word consent? Is english your first language?

Grayson wrote: »

The verb "To rape" From dictionary.com

to force to have sexual intercourse.

to plunder (a place); despoil.

to seize, take, or carry off by force

So, you're saying he went there to force someone. As in hold them down, possibly beat them etc..
    Having sex with someone under the age of consent is rape, that is fact.

Most people would agree that statutory rape isn't the same as forced sex.

It doesn't need to be forced to be rape. What if a girl is in a coma or has been drugged?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

I think it's still 12 in the Vatican City and some parts of North/South America, no? And I think there's only a handful of countries where it's 13.

Oh dear :/

It doesn't need to be forced to be rape. What if a girl is in a coma or has been drugged?

That would still fall under the law as rape and would not be considered statutory rape.

I think you're mixing someone up with being raped and someone that is too young to give consent but does so anyway (assuming they're not actually kids).

Okay, f**k the idiot who made the video.

He's a journalist and all he does is catch people who try to have sex with 14 year olds (or in this man's case), 15 year olds.

• Advertisement

Grayson wrote: »
    Do you understand the meaning of the word consent? Is english your first language?

Of course I do. It means to give permission. A 15 year old is not considered old enough by law to consent to sex. What don't you get?

Advertisement