Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Axa.ie - last year €350, this year €530.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Insurance companies are clowns and regularly insult their existing customers with uncompetitive quotes. I think its a case of knowing that people shop around and so they dont try too hard to retain people because there is always one company offering packages they simply will not compete with.

Last Year No Nonsense quoted me ~500 for 3rd party

123.ie quoted me ~300 for fully comp with all the bells and whistles

Nobody else came close except AXA but they pissed me right off when I had to go into the local office because some smart arse sales rep signed me up for a policy over the phone despite me making it crystal clear that i wouldnt be agreeing to anything until I see it all in writing for me to think about.

In the case of existing customers seeing better quotes if they were a new customer, I'd be definitely looking to take my business somewhere else.

Thinking of all the money I could have left behind me by not shopping around makes me go :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Triangla

Renewal quotes always come around 2 weeks before insurance lapses.

You're under pressure then to get it sorted in that short time frame.

I always call my insurance company at least a month before it lapses and always get told it's not been calculated yet.

I let them know I'm looking for a renewal quote at this time so that I have enough time to shop around before my insurance policy is up.

I always get a call back with a quote the same as or better than the year before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭cargo

Ye are all doing it wrong. You need to take a day off work and ring 14 different companies for a quote. Then you need to ring them all back again and use a different voice and get another round of quotes.. etc etc :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

I can't get quotes from anyone but Liberty on my car. One or two brokers even laughed at me when I told them the car. I don't see why.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭marcus2000

As I write this, there is an ad here
    >

saying 13% off Axa Car insurance for New Customers only!!!!

It's like they know!! :o

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭JackieBurke

I took great delight in doing the new customer quote with Quinns.

They quoted 1000 on renewal, went online new quote came in at 600. I took the new policy online and sent them back their own NCB cert. Happy days. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

ottostreet wrote: »
    I can't get quotes from anyone but Liberty on my car. One or two brokers even laughed at me when I told them the car. I don't see why.

What car is that? Kennco Insurance a division of certain synticates of Lloyds insured me on a modded TT, they and Liberty were the only insurers I could get a quote from. Kennco were around 30% cheaper than Liberty for me anyway. Try Doyle Mahon Insurances in Wexford for a quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭cplwhisper

ottostreet - curious what your driving now ???

It's only a Mitsubishi FTO, 2 litre FWD.

Last renewal was in August, I spent a full day ringing people, and came away with one quote...from my current insurer, Liberty. Most brokers just said to me 'you don't have a hope of getting a quote on it'.

Ridiculous situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

ottostreet wrote: »
    It's only a Mitsubishi FTO, 2 litre FWD.

Last renewal was in August, I spent a full day ringing people, and came away with one quote...from my current insurer, Liberty. Most brokers just said to me 'you don't have a hope of getting a quote on it'.

Ridiculous situation.

I love them cars.
    Are you particularly young otto?

• Advertisement

24,25 on next renewal. Been driving FTOs since 21.

Hopefully I'll find it a little easier to get quotes on next renewal.

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

Axa last year were 540 this year 898!!!! So I rang them and they came back with 630, err no thanks! Rang first Ireland and they came back to me with 450 fc and ncb protection etc :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

In the last five years we have never once stayed with the same company for consecutive years.

We've been with AXA, Hibernian, Zurich, RSA and now Aon.

*every* single year they raise the premium from €500 (+\- €50) to €800 (+\- €75). Dunno what it is.

So we move and the new company matches our previous years premium.

(Full NCB btw).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

biko wrote: »
    Seems it's cheaper for me to become a new customer with Axa than remain an old customer.

Go over to the branch, complain about it = job done.
    Got a renewal in November for €2200 compared to €1800 last year, went over to their office on Wolfetone Street, complained, paying €1600 per year now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Was with Liberty Insurance for over 12 years and this year i said goodbye to them. Renewal quote was over 120euro more expense than any other company and wouldnt match any other cheaper quote i got. The lady did thank me for my custom :D Anyone ever hear of Sertus??? Thats who i'm with now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

I was with Axa through AA and my premium was up this month. Got the renewal, €500 dearer than last year. After ringing everyone and anyone, rang AXA direct. €967.

Just plain crazy.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭JackieBurke

I wonder how many people simply pay up without question?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

The one's who can afford to...........;)

In other words, people who are not paying it for themselves...........:(

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Axa in town give a good few bob off if your a member of the credit union in Mervue, something like 60 or 70 euro. When they send you the renewal every year they always have every optional extra included to bump up the price.
    Best off going into Woodquay and dealing with them face to face.

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Axa in town give a good few bob off if your a member of the credit union in Mervue, something like 60 or 70 euro. When they send you the renewal every year they always have every optional extra included to bump up the price.
    Best off going into Woodquay and dealing with them face to face.

10% discount for members of my local credit union.

• Advertisement
Advertisement