Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TY Work Experience 2013/2014

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    Our schools are the exact same in terms of courses so :O Except for the UL part :) I'm really excited to start my Leaving Cert courses tbh.

I'm doing:
    - English
    - Irish
    - Maths
    - Applied Maths
    - Chemistry
    - Physics
    - Biology
    - Business

and I also think I might be doing Economics with a teacher after school too :)

Our school only offers applied maths once you enter 5th year, but i doubt i will take it.

Hi,
    Our school is basically running different types of programmes for TY.
    I have picked Innovation Creativity Entrepreneurship.
    We were asked to fill out a form, stating:
    Write a personal statement which outlines your interest, suitability and what you hope to achieve from studying this course.

So far I had written this, but I could get the ''what you hope to achieve from studying this course part''
    I find it really hard to write about it:

I would be very interested in taking part in Innovation Creativity Entrepreneurship.
    I have found myself to be highly motivated and intellectual in these areas.
    From the beginning I always loved the idea of creating something classy and new and make it the ‘’next big thing’’.
    And I believe this is the chance for me to do this.
    I have many past experiences, such as buying unique, neat products that today’s consumer’s need and sell it to them at a reasonable price, profit.I have a shop account on many popular websites such as ebay, donedeal and adverts.ie.I love coming up with new ideas and experiencing new things.
    I am a student with broad experience in various business divisions and industries and an excellent understanding of the overall operations of a company. I Developed strong interpersonal and communication skills while working with various customers in the past. I am Ambitious and enthusiastic, I have ability to learn and adapt quickly and provide positive results under pressure.
    I can produce Strong sales and marketing skills to build new business . Selfconfident, organized, and motivated. Bring creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit to all tasks this program has to offer. I am willing to do any work that is given to me and not back out, of anything.

I would hope to achieve:
    I hope by the end of the year I give my all best and stand my ground to any chalagnes that were thrown at me, also I hope that I learn from my mistakes if made any through out the programme and develop thos aspects, so that they cannot happen again.

Some of the words of the last 3/4 sentences of the first paragraph are copied, pasted from a sample, but not all.
    Do you think it is to adulty, I mean by this as in too mature, they might think ''what the heck is the person doing, this is not a job, we have not asked him for a CV, as it looks really similar to a a cover letter for me, please help me and try to improve some aspects of this application form.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Your personal statement reads well. I see nothing wrong with being "too" mature, it shows you're serious about this and not going to waste your or anyone's time. :)

• Advertisement

Your personal statement reads well. I see nothing wrong with being "too" mature, it shows you're serious about this and not going to waste your or anyone's time. :)

Thanks, just needed that boost of encouragement :)

Hey, it seems I come here very often for help/advice :)
    But anyways,
    I just got back to school on Thursday and the options of each student were called out.
    I had picked:
    English
    Maths
    Biology
    Chem
    Business
    Italian

And then on the second line I forgot what I picked(It was back in March, during my JC, in which we were given out a form.)
    Unfortunately I got Geog, instead of Biology.(I think it was due to the NUMBER OF People, I mean like when the options and names were called out, each biology class had at least 25 students, and due to the high number of volume they were 2 biology classes.)
    So I went to see my Career Guide teacher and I spoke to him about how having 2 Science subjects is really important for me, he even admitted how it is impossible to do biology at home, due to being it such a large course, he then suggested of doing physics(because when he asked me what course I am interested in, I replied Medicine or Dentistry, while realistically I wanted to do any course involving Business or Science(Physio, Pharmacy, Dentistry, Medicine etc.) and for most of them you need science subjects and especially for Dentistry you need a little physics.(but you can still get into it without doing Physics) But I ruled out of that as I hate Physics, I am not bad at it I just do not like the subject and have no interest in it.
    We came to an agreement of meeting next week and he would come up with a possible solution to this.

So I was wondering, what am I supposed to do ??
    Ideas of moving to a private school next year ??
    Not interested in taking grinds as I am not RICH, lol

Hey, it seems I come here very often for help/advice :)
    But anyways,
    I just got back to school on Thursday and the options of each student were called out.
    I had picked:
    English
    Maths
    Biology
    Chem
    Business
    Italian

And then on the second line I forgot what I picked(It was back in March, during my JC, in which we were given out a form.)
    Unfortunately I got Geog, instead of Biology.(I think it was due to the NUMBER OF People, I mean like when the options and names were called out, each biology class had at least 25 students, and due to the high number of volume they were 2 biology classes.)
    So I went to see my Career Guide teacher and I spoke to him about how having 2 Science subjects is really important for me, he even admitted how it is impossible to do biology at home, due to being it such a large course, he then suggested of doing physics(because when he asked me what course I am interested in, I replied Medicine or Dentistry, while realistically I wanted to do any course involving Business or Science(Physio, Pharmacy, Dentistry, Medicine etc.) and for most of them you need science subjects and especially for Dentistry you need a little physics.(but you can still get into it without doing Physics) But I ruled out of that as I hate Physics, I am not bad at it I just do not like the subject and have no interest in it.
    We came to an agreement of meeting next week and he would come up with a possible solution to this.

So I was wondering, what am I supposed to do ??
    Ideas of moving to a private school next year ??
    Not interested in taking grinds as I am not RICH, lol

You'll find more help in the LC forum to be honest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

This thread is about work experience so....
    Where'd everyone get there's?
    I got mine at a place called the Dome. (http://www.dome.ie/)
    I've been there since Tuesday and will be until Friday and then every Friday until Christmas!

This thread is about work experience so....
    Where'd everyone get there's?
    I got mine at a place called the Dome. (http://www.dome.ie/)
    I've been there since Tuesday and will be until Friday and then every Friday until Christmas!
    That's cool! I'm having a week with a psychological therapist and then a week in a aircraft chip manufacturing plant.. :pac:

• Advertisement

That's cool! I'm having a week with a psychological therapist and then a week in a aircraft chip manufacturing plant.. :pac:

Nice! I'm currently on a break from work until 2

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

aircraft chip manufacturing plant..

Where is this?

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    Where is this?
    Somewhere along the M50, a good friend of mine organised it for me so I don't know the full details.

Last day of work tomorrow and then every Friday thereafter until Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 sarahmg908

ohhhh where can you get psychological therapist work experience?? Ive been looking for something like that for ages!

sarahmg908 wrote: »
    ohhhh where can you get psychological therapist work experience?? Ive been looking for something like that for ages!

Personal connection but it's canceled as the guy is very busy :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 sarahmg908

Personal connection but it's canceled as the guy is very busy :(.

oh okay, awh, Im sure youll find something else :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 darren125

Does anyone know any accounting firms which take on people for work experience

• Registered Users Posts: 1 WicklowBee

MomijiHime wrote: »
    I've got an architecture course secured for some of my work experience but I'm still not sure about the rest. I might go to an art college, physiology or history?

Where can I apply for an architecture course for TY?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 3yearstudent98

darren125 wrote: »
    Does anyone know any accounting firms which take on people for work experience

My friend went to Deloitte in Dublin for a week and got paid at the end..but she wasn't sure of she enjoyed it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 darren125

Sorry do you know how I can apply for there

Advertisement