Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eBook deals!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,397 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

ixoy wrote: »
    All of Bradley P. Beaulieu's output are currently just £0.77 a piece on Amazon.co.uk ($1 on the US).
    His series is "The Lays of Anuskaya" and I've read the first two of the trilogy. I was very close to reading the third so it's great timing. It's a refreshing fantasy fusing Russian culture with elements of Arabian elementals and is quite unique. Absolute bargain at this price - at the very least people owe themselves a look at the first book.

Could you put up a reading order please? I'd rather not google it in case I see spoilers.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

He's only got one series so far:

The Lays of Anuskaya:

1) The Winds of Khalakovo
    2) The Straits of Galahesh
    3) The Flames of Shadam Khoreh

I know a couple of other people here have read some of these too.
    I've read a lot of fantasy so, for me, it was good to see a different bit of world building away from standard Western Europe and even the more recent Asian-drawn settings.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,397 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

He's only got one series so far:

The Lays of Anuskaya:

1) The Winds of Khalakovo
    2) The Straits of Galahesh
    3) The Flames of Shadam Khoreh

I know a couple of other people here have read some of these too.
    I've read a lot of fantasy so, for me, it was good to see a different bit of world building away from standard Western Europe and even the more recent Asian-drawn settings.

Cheers, ixoy. I don't think £2.31 is bad at all for 3 books so I'll give it a go sometime soon.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I second the motion that we all download this series. If the trilogy keeps up the quality of the first book we are all in for treat.
    The setting is neither a European forest nor an Arabic desert and so is a bit different from most fantasy output.
    The author also needs to be supported as it's criminal that the books didn't get much sales when you look at the likes of Sanderson, Brett and Erikson :) outselling him.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Is it a little 'e'?

For those of you with a Kindle (and US account I think) Terry Goodkind's second book in the Sword of Truth series is available for free from Amazon here.

Feel free to use this for any other bargain eBooks you find!

Thanks for the heads up, but it's overpriced at free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Cheers ioxy, I was considering buying a few from a new author for me so this works perfectly. :)

Sale of ebooks on subpress site. Lots of stuff just $0.99 or $2.99.

H. H. Asquith

Some good bargains:

* Each book of Peter F. Hamilton's excellent Void trilogy is going for about £1 each on amazon.co.uk. It's one of my favourite sci-fi trilogies and a must if you're going to read his latest.

* Neal Stephenson's Anathem is going for £0.99. I enjoyed this one as much as any of his works (which is saying a lot). Superb value.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Some good bargains:

* Each book of Peter F. Hamilton's excellent Void trilogy is going for about £1 each on amazon.co.uk. It's one of my favourite sci-fi trilogies and a must if you're going to read his latest.

* Neal Stephenson's Anathem is going for £0.99. I enjoyed this one as much as any of his works (which is saying a lot). Superb value.

And I'd sworn off Peter F. Hamilton after Capone. >:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

On mobile so will keep it short: whole bunch of fantasy books as a bundle for $1.21:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Q5MDCJS?ie=UTF8&at=aw-iphone-pc-us-20&force-full-site=1

More info:

EPIC: Fourteen Books of Fantasy [Kindle Gift Purchased]

By: Terah Edun, K.J. Colt, Mande Matthews, Dima Zales, Megg Jensen, Daniel Arenson, Joseph Lallo, Annie Bellet, Lindsay Buroker, Jeff Gunzel, Edward W. Robertson, Brian D. Anderson, David Adams, C. Greenwood, Anna Zaires
    Terah Edun - Blades Of Magic
    As an unstoppable war breaks out, a young girl enlists to find out the secrets that everyone is trying to hide.

Daniel Arenson - A Legacy of Light
    War rages in Requiem, an ancient kingdom whose people can grow wings, breathe fire, and rise as dragons.

Megg Jensen - Anathema
    A young slave girl discovers a world of magic she never knew existed and must face her enemies as prophecy unravels.

Jeff Gunzel - Land Of Shadows
    A young blacksmith, born into a simple life, watches helplessly as the world he knew crumbles before his eyes.

C. Greenwood - Mistress of Masks
    When an ancient evil stirs in Earth Realm, a group of unlikely heroes must find a way to stop the wave of darkness that is devouring their land.

Dima Zales & Anna Zaires - The Sorcery Code
    Blaise's magical creation is not an object of sorcery, but rather a beautiful woman who's unlike anything their world has ever seen.

Annie Bellet - Witch Hunt
    A cursed elven archer and her ragtag group of adventuring friends battle witches to stop a deadly plague and save a small village.

David Adams - Ren Of Atikala
    Humanity is found in the inhuman when a "monster" is forced out of her home and into the world of elves, humans, and dragons.

Joseph Lallo - Jade
    A little girl, selected as a sacrifice to end a mighty dragon's reign of terror, instead finds both the protection and the family she so badly needs.

K.J. Colt - Concealed Power
    Adenine has been quarantined for being the last carrier of a plague that killed thousands, but when trouble strikes, she is forced to leave her sanctuary and enter a world full of secrets, enemies, and plots.

Lindsay Buroker - Encrypted
    After being kidnapped, linguist and code-cracker Tikaya Komitopis must work with her people's greatest enemy to stop an ancient evil that threatens the entire world.

Mande Matthews - Bonded
    Two children--one a born leader and the other a born servant--are bonded across worlds as Soul Warriors, but they must discover the secrets of their past if they hope to overcome the darkness that threatens their future.

Brian Anderson - Starfinder
    Lee Starfinder embarks on his first adventure with a sword at his side and confidence in his heart, but he will soon discover that the perils of the world are far stranger than he had ever imagined.

Ed Robertson - White Tree
    A young man is obsessed with mastering death magic, but his studies make him the key to resisting a powerful god--as well as the intended prey of the god's dark acolytes.

The freshest voices in fantasy bring you fifteen New York Times, USA Today, and Amazon bestselling authors. With fourteen stories and over one million words of captivating fiction, this epic fantasy set will keep you entranced.

Delve into worlds where adventurers discover forgotten lands of wonder and fight ancient evil. Worlds where dragons soar, where heroes and heroines wield sword and magic to answer adventure's call.

Get one of the largest bundles of page-turning epic fantasy today...before it's gone!

Read a couple of the above:
    Terah Edun - Blades Of Magic
    As an unstoppable war breaks out, a young girl enlists to find out the secrets that everyone is trying to hide.
    First one is very YA and more than a little bit Mary Sueish, but on the other hand it was a nice easy read after The Grim Company :) Ends on a cliff hanger. Not pushed about the next one but I probably would read if it was in front of me.
    K.J. Colt - Concealed Power
    Adenine has been quarantined for being the last carrier of a plague that killed thousands, but when trouble strikes, she is forced to leave her sanctuary and enter a world full of secrets, enemies, and plots.

This one seems to be YA too - hoping some of the later books are not so. Pretty depressing stuff at the start of this, and heads-up on a trigger warning for sexual abuse. Doesn't pick up and get positive any time soon after that, I think I'll give up on it.

Hoping the next few are less YA focused.

Overdrive app for iOS and maybe android. Let's you read free ebooks that your counties libraries may have.
    I've read Prince of Fools, Murdstone Trilogy and Game of Thrones on it so far. Not sure if it's been mentioned on here before or if it's wide known but I thought I'd say it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Mark Tapley

Gardens of the Moon - Steven Erikson is £1.89 on Amazon kindle daily deals today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Gardens of the Moon - Steven Erikson is £1.89 on Amazon kindle daily deals today.
    If you've not had the pleasure of reading the Malazan series already, you have no excuse now!

I mentioned this one the reading thread: Ren of Atikala, a fantasy from a new author which seems interesting as it's from the POV of a kobold, normally the redshirt cannon fodder of the fantasy world.

It's currently $0.00 on Kindle US: http://www.amazon.com/Ren-Atikala-Kobolds-Book-1-ebook/dp/B00EZ4CEO2

If you've not had the pleasure of reading the Malazan series already, you have no excuse now!

Yeah.... Pleasure....

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Trojan wrote: »
    I mentioned this one the reading thread: Ren of Atikala, a fantasy from a new author which seems interesting as it's from the POV of a kobold, normally the redshirt cannon fodder of the fantasy world.

It's currently $0.00 on Kindle US: http://www.amazon.com/Ren-Atikala-Kobolds-Book-1-ebook/dp/B00EZ4CEO2

Free on UK store too: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ren-Atikala-Kobolds-Book-1-ebook/dp/B00EZ4CEO2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1421948897&sr=8-2&keywords=kobolds

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Stenth

Indie Fantasy Bundle: Eight fantasy books, pay as much as you want (at least $4 for all of them together, it seems). If you do pay at least $12, you get four extra bonus books.

http://storybundle.com/fantasy
    (Apparently I can not post hyperlinks as I am a new user. Grrrr.)

There are some good deals on Amazon at the moment,
    Link
    I got City & The City, The Rithmatist and Empire in Black & Gold for 99p each.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Picked up City & The City, Empire in Black and Gold and Old Man's War. The last because I think I remember hearing good things about it on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

Picked up City & The City, Empire in Black and Gold and Old Man's War. The last because I think I remember hearing good things about it on here.

There are no bad things to be said about Old Man's War

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

Got an email from amazon about some deals today

If you havent read any Peter F Hamilton before this is a god place to start...
    As you've shown an interest in Science Fiction, we thought you might like to about this selection of Kindle Book Deals from 99p or browse the full selection. Offer ends 11:59 pm, 6 April, 2015.

The Reality Dysfunction: The Nights Dawn trilogy: Book One
    Peter F. Hamilton
    Price: £0.99

Red Mars (Mars Trilogy Book 1)
    Kim Stanley Robinson
    Price: £1.49

Old Man's War
    John Scalzi

Extinction Game
    Gary Gibson

Halfhead
    Stuart B. MacBride
    Price: £1.89

The Darwin Elevator (The Dire Earth Cycle Book 1)
    Jason M. Hough

The Echo
    James Smythe

The Exodus Towers (The Dire Earth Cycle Book 2)
    Jason M. Hough

Bunch of cheap sci-fi novels for Amazon's "Daily Deal" including:

* Ancillary Justice - £0.99
    * Ender's Game - £0.99
    * Starship Troopers - £0.99
    * Proxima - £1.99
    * Red Rising - £0.99
    * The City and the Stars - £1.99
    * Childhood's End - £1.99
    * Blue Remembered Earth - £0.99
    * Metro 2034

Their monthly deals include:
    * On Stranger Tides (inspired Monkey Island)
    * Station Eleven

Went with Stranger Tides and Starship Troopers. Some great books over all there.

Loads of sci fi and fantasy books on today's Amazon daily deal, including most of Joe Abercrombie's books as well as Ian McDonald's latest. Definitely worth a look.

Reamde is on sale today:
    link

And Anathem for 99p today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭wyrn

Colossus by DF Jones is free on Amazon today.

I vaguely remember seeing the film many moons ago

• Advertisement

Ann Leckie's "Ancillary Justice" is £0.99 on Amazon UK today. The novel won an insane amount of awards and the other two books are out. For that price you can judge if the hype is deserved.

Advertisement