Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Arrival

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Are your monitor cables attached?
    see here

• Registered Users Posts: 34,513 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

urbanledge wrote: »
    Yeah i'm bearing carefull.
    Got it off jeff from digital design systems .

theres a humming but i think its from the speakers/psu fan

the small board directly behind the tube is the chassis yea?Every thing looks connected,

I'm not too sure what monitor is in those to be honest. On mine, I have a small neck board connected to the tube, wires then connect that up to the main chassis board which is much bigger.

Glad to hear you got it from Jeff anyway, he should sort you out. If everything is connected up and you're sure nothing is loose then there may be a broken solder joint somewhere. May have happened when it was being transported.

I'd say get on to Jeff and ask for advice. As I was saying, something might just be loose, but best not to go fiddling and putting pressure on things until you're sure there's no charge left under that anode!

**** man,
    this is my worst fears coming true.

What exactly is neck glow?And is it visible from the back of the monitor?

Master of the Universe

You know the little glass tube coming out the back of the monitor? That should have an orange glow coming from it if it's working.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

crap man hope its some loose connection.
    Weird that there is 110v going to chassis and no glow or anything.

Is it the original monitor?
    check out this thread
    http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16118

seems to be some safety switch on chassis of the blasts?

Actually looks like its on the pcb door

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

hold a fluorescent bulb against the high voltage cable on the back of the monitor and see if it lights up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Get on to Jeff asap.

oh i'll try the fluorescent bulb thing,
    Will a cfl work?

heres a few more cab pics for yous,
    room for a small vertical cab and thats it!

20130208_212933.jpg

20130208_212948.jpg

20130208_212959.jpg

Right lads,
    thanks for all the help.
    Not getting anywhere with this at all.
    Nothing has changed.No luck with with the florescent tube test.
    I have no idea what to do now,apart form ring Jeff on Monday.
    This sucks balls

Right lads,
    thanks for all the help.
    Not getting anywhere with this at all.
    Nothing has changed.No luck with with the florescent tube test.
    I have no idea what to do now,apart form ring Jeff on Monday.
    This sucks balls

Drop Jeff a mail now. He often replied to me at weekends.
    However you might find his response slower post sale compared to pre sale. Well that was my experience when I bought my cab from him.

• Advertisement

If you're not getting high voltage and it's not a problem outside of the crt pcb then you'll need a person with an oscilloscope... Fun times are ahead of you!
    I don't know what type of machine that is (heresy I know...) but it might be worth checking transistors & diodes on the board too, and of course the input voltage

IMG_0385_zpsb69d9d4d.jpg

thanks dale,
    Input is good.
    I dropped jeff a mail.I doubt I'll hear back from him (anytime soon anyway)

so whats my options with getting a pro to take a look at it?

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

Jaysus man, hope ya get it sorted. I wanna kick your ass at some neo geo games!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

If your not getting high voltage your best either sending the chassis off for repair to someone in the UK(maybe grant Spain on the uk forums) or try get a replacement chassis over here

Master of the Universe

I'd say Jeff will send out a replacement chassis if that's what the problem turns out to be.

Yeah thought that all right,
    Sure I'll have to wait to hear what jeff says.
    hopefully he has an idea.
    Seriously browned off,

Did you test the voltage regulator on the board? If it's something as severe as no HV it could be something fairly important (like the regulator or diodes) failing

Sorry dale I dont have the experience to really get stuck into it.I took a few pics when I had it out.
    If your interested in taking a look here is a link.
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jidc5n1muscy793/31Y-nio_Zd

Should the frame be earthed to the the body of the cab?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Did you check if any of the fuses are blown? I know its simple but could be an option.

safetyboy wrote: »
    Did you check if any of the fuses are blown? I know its simple but could be an option.

I did indeed,

• Advertisement

To be fair to you ledge its a pisser of a situation you're in. I remember when I got my cab I cpuldnt wait to fire it up. I also had some issues but nothing as serious as yours so I feel your pain.

Also to be fair to you its really completely up to Jeff to resolve this for you. You can't be expected to troubleshoot a machine you're not familiar with outside of basic checks.

Its great that so many peeps on here and over yonder are so knowledgeable but at the same time you don't want to fccuk anything else up that might give Jeff reason to put the blame on to you.

Not saying that will happen but he is a regular member on J+

• Registered Users Posts: 8,851 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Definitely post over on AO and J+ as Jeff is on both.
    I don't know him and haven't had any dealings with him but when I got my Egret 3 there were a few issues with it and the only way I got the seller (Ronnie/RKLOK) to do anything about it was to shame into it.
    By shame him I mean posting about the problems in front of more potential buyers and people who know him well over on Arcade Otaku.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Are you getting sound coming from the games, can you coin up etc? if you are then its a monitor problem, if not then its not likely the monitor at fault, could be the power supply or something.

The monitor issues ive had in the past where i had to get the chassis fixed, the sound still came out of games, its known as playing blind

Steve SI wrote: »
    I don't know him and haven't had any dealings with him but when I got my Egret 3 there were a few issues with it and the only way I got the seller (Ronnie/RKLOK) to do anything about it was to shame into it.

What were the issues with your egret Steve? Monitor related?

What were the issues with your egret Steve? Monitor related?

Yes, mostly issues with the monitor and he also sent me the wrong control panel.
    Check out the geometry on the link below.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=73981378&postcount=12

Or the full story here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056365887

Yes, mostly issues with the monitor and he also sent me the wrong control panel.
    Check out the geometry on the link below.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=73981378&postcount=12

Or the full story here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056365887

Apart from that side compression at the sides in the first link, the rest of the geometry looked good. Far better than my atomiswave (same machine as Egret 3 as you) which is still within norms for its monitor as per industrial standards. Grant Spain has confirmed this for me.

Lots of curling and snarling in the corners on mine

IMAG0339_zps04f847e3.jpg

IMAG0340_zpsd10bed23.jpg

I've replaced the monitor in it twice and the chassis the same since I got it.
    The monitor in it now is still not perfect but is probably about as close as I'll get it. The colours and contrast look fantastic on it but I think all these LCD's we have these days really make me want those sides to be perfect on the CRT :o

Your geometry looks pretty decent on that screen.

I've replaced the monitor in it twice and the chassis the same since I got it.
    The monitor in it now is still not perfect but is probably about as close as I'll get it. The colours and contrast look fantastic on it but I think all these LCD's we have these days really make me want those sides to be perfect on the CRT :o

Your geometry looks pretty decent on that screen.

It looks ok in the first image but isn't ideal in the corners, especially the bottom left.

By the way, what was the original chassis and monitor in your egret?

It looks ok in the first image but isn't ideal in the corners, especially the bottom left.

By the way, what was the original chassis and monitor in your egret?

I'd give my left nut for that geometry

• Advertisement

I'd give my left nut for that geometry

Jaysus! I obviously haven't seen bad geometry so!

Advertisement