Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show - Feb 8th 2013

Options
  • 08-02-2013 2:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭

Who does Tubs have in store for us?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Tubridy will be and for that reason Im out

Last week was the first Late late I've watched in yonks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

syklops wrote: »
    Tubridy will be and for that reason Im out

Last week was the first Late late I've watched in yonks.

Kenny did a great job imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Anybody know what's happening on the show tonight.. Cant see anything anywhere online.. I assume Tubridy is back?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Ah JA :eek:

No info and not even a cute picture of a puppy or kitten, this isn't good enough at all ;):D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭dougal

Anybody know what's happening on the show tonight.. Cant see anything anywhere online.. I assume Tubridy is back?

He sure is and he is auctioning off his son???? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Ah JA :eek:

No info and not even a cute picture of a puppy or kitten, this isn't good enough at all ;):D:D

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Back to Tubridy normality this week, pity! Pat Kenny was a fúcking Bauwwsss last week, that segment on the assorted old coins was mind blowing!

IFTA's are on so expect the cream of Irish film talent. :(

You'd never know who might pop into the LLS studio.

Saoirse Ronan, again
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Oh god, dont tell me I have to sit through another Tubridy interview with Saoirse Ronan.. :(

I'm a broken woman reading this thread.

We used to be such a vibrant lot...........

Full of hope, joy and looking forward to the owl flying off the perch.....

Happy days.....:(:(:(

:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

looked on the tweet machine :
    - Simon Delaney again
    - some vintage cars
    - blind-date segment

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

parasite wrote: »
    looked on the tweet machine :
    - Simon Delaney again
    - some vintage cars
    - blind-date segment

:rolleyes:

I've heard that Twink might be putting in an appearance as well.

:pac:

I've heard that Twink might be putting in an appearance as well.

:pac:

Smarty pants............

Get the Guide out for later!!........;)

• Registered Users Posts: 85,184 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Clare Daly TD :p

If she gets one of Lapin's "House Measures" she'll be done for........;)

• Registered Users Posts: 71,760 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

National Classic Car show will be on the show tonight with 3 vehicles that will be on display in the RDS.

Music from Simon Morgan.

Let's play Blind Date! *shudder*

Plus, Ryan mentioned on his show this morning there will be 'something Supermac's related' :confused:

National Classic Car show will be on the show tonight with 3 vehicles that will be on display in the RDS.

Music from Simon Morgan.

Let's play Blind Date! *shudder*

Plus, Ryan mentioned on his show this morning there will be 'something Supermac's related' :confused:

Niegh......can't see that.........:eek:

Sure you'd be great on Blind Date Wm!.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SeamusDuil

I can tell you that the hardy bucks will not be on the late late tonight.. not considered 'right' by the producers.. shame on them, two guys start out with an idea, become a huge internet hit end up on tv and now a film.. it is a story ireland needs.. but not on the late late...

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Beaulieu

Don't tell me they've found Shergar's remains :D:D

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Clare Daly TD :p
    I'm not a fan of hers but it appears she may have been unfairly treated by some members of An Garda Siochana. The Garda Ombudsman's report into her complaint should make for interesting reading. I think she is dead right to pursue it!

I'd say Clare p1ssed off the Gardaí a few weeks earlier, when she highlighted cases where the Gardaí erased points from high profile people's records, you can see why some members of the force might be keen to discredit her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

SeamusDuil wrote: »
    I can tell you that the hardy bucks will not be on the late late tonight.. not considered 'right' by the producers.. shame on them, two guys start out with an idea, become a huge internet hit end up on tv and now a film.. it is a story ireland needs.. but not on the late late...

Did you sign up just to tell us that?

SeamusDuil wrote: »

Welcome to Boards, SeamusDuil. The LLS has a fondness for misery so I can see why the producers rejected a success story.
    AnonoBoy wrote: »

Shur why not?

We all had to start somewhere. I think my first post was a boring one about a faulty Sky box.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

lads, can we go just one show without the constant sniping, for god's sake the guy's father died

sometimes i get the feeling from reading this thread week after week that some of you don't rate the guy as a host

but c'mon now, i knowz you are all hard to please intellectuals but a bit of positivity and support tonight please

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

donfers wrote: »
    lads, can we go just one show without the constant sniping, for god's sake the guy's father died

sometimes i get the feeling from reading this thread week after week that some of you don't rate the guy as a host

but c'mon now, i knowz you are all hard to please intellectuals but a bit of positivity and support tonight please

jaysis, what have you taken this week?

on weds you were going on about how much we should give paul green and paul mcshane a chance and stop complaining about how bad they are.

what's next? give brian cowen another shot at taoiseach??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

AnonoBoy wrote: »

Don't see anything wrong with that. We all signed up at some stage. I'll watch it tonight but will probably regret it.

sometimes i get the feeling from reading this thread week after week that some of you don't rate the guy as a host.

Yes, that's about right.

I have a lot of time for Ryan as a person, he appears to be a very genuine guy, I loved when he presented Tubridy Tonight but he is not suited to the presenting the Late Late Show, in my opinion.

As for the lack of positivity, there was no end of positivity last Friday night, most people really enjoyed having Pat back and if you examine the thread there was very little negative comment. We are more than capable of praising people when they do a good job.

I've said before that I feel that Ryan's talents belong elsewhere, he is absolutely brilliant with children and the Toy Show is always his best LLS. The LLS is no longer the show it was, it just tends to be one long misery fest, going from one depressing item to another, it is not entertainment :( The Saturday Night Show is far from perfect but Brendan O'Connor does his best to make it as entertaining as possible for his audience.

And the jokes begin....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

My guess for guests

A financial expert
    A survivor of the Magdalene Laundries
    Keith Duffy
    That poor lady who owns the bridal shop who was attacked again

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Moll'll fix it

Beaulieu wrote: »
    Don't tell me they've found Shergar's remains :D:D

Shergar was kidnapped exactly 30 years ago today. 8th. February 1983. Could be something about it on the LLS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,760 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Hollywood A-list alert...John C. Reilly!

Star of 'Talladega Nights' and the new Disney film 'Wreck-It Ralph' is on with his band John Reilly And Friends.

Plus music from Gabrielle 'song from that snowman ad' Aplin.

Advertisement