Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scars after heart surgery

Options
  • 07-02-2013 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭

I was in an accident before xmas and had to undergo heart surgery. I am greatful my life was safed but have an ugly 10 inch scar on my chest. Anyone else have a similar one? Would this be off putting when meeting new girls? Its 3 months old so still looks pretty raw
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Say its from fighting wild animals or a knife fight

Women love dangerous men

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

Scars are hot :) unless they hold painful memories, in this case it probably does.

Glad you're ok, bio oil might help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Women love scars. I have a smaller one from heart surgery on my back any the women love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

I don't know OP, are you usually topless when meeting new girls? What about old girls, do they not count?

I am happy you are ok now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭girl2

My aunt has one after she had a triple bypass. That was a few years ago.

You could try using bio-oil, it's supposed to be good. And I know that sometimes massaging a scar can scatter the scar tissue and leave it less gathered (if ya get my drift).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭WumBuster

Chicks dig scars..in fact you could use it as a chat up line..''My last gf ripped my heart out you wanna see the scars?''

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭judgefudge

My bro is late twenties and has scars all over his chest (pacemaker) and he never seems to have a problem with ladies. He used to be self conscious about it as a teen but I think he's over it. Don't let it bother you!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Say its from fighting wild animals or a knife fight

Women love dangerous men
    Or tell them you got it from rescuing a baby panda from a lion or something crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Midnight Sundance

She wouldn't be the true girl for you if a scar bothered her so you'd be better off without her in that case.
    Plus I can't see a scar as something that would put a girl off someone.
    (They may be wary that your heart is weak and the long term implications of that but again pretty doubtful)
    Bio oil is great by the way

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭judgefudge

WumBuster wrote: »
    Chicks dig scars..in fact you could use it as a chat up line..''My last gf ripped my heart out you wanna see the scars?''

Don't use exes in a chat up line... Weeird

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Matt_Trakker

Say it's from a shark attack, a tiger shark attack and it had lasers. It was about to attack an orphan and you had to save it.....and you send her birthday and xmas pressies every year.

..........both the orphan and the tiger shark, gotta show her you like animals too like :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭chargerman

Thanks guys,I have fully recovered and am going out on the town tomorrow night for the first time post op - not that I expect to meet a girl and show her my chest but am conscious of it all the same. These replies helped a lot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

The scar if anything will be an excuse for her to rub her hands all over your chest because she would be curious as to how you got it and could be a great opener for some sexytime! if your feeling confident even you could get her to give you a massage saying that you need to rub oil in it for it to heal properly. Your gonna be in clothes most of the time anyway so it will be hidden, i wouldnt worry about it man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Cover it with a tattoo of a 10 inch penis!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

If you do meet a girl tell her the scar is from having your heart ripped out by your ex, she will then take pity and have sex with you.

Seriously, let the hair grow on your chest and don't be fretting.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Janedoe10

Don't worry , some bio oil or cocoa butter and they will fade ..
    If u are asked u will have a story to tell . A nice quote I heard “Scars are stories, history written on the body”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭chargerman

Thanks again lads, ha this thread might even encourage me to go all out and re join the gym - again I quit over lads seeing the scars when I am showering/changing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

A crocodile bit off seven inches of my willy. Luckily it's still working perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

If I was you I'd be thinking up stories to freak people out,
    "yeah I was buttering my toast one morning and the knife slipped",
    "yeah, shaving accident",
    "did you ever see the film alien......."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

chargerman wrote: »
    Thanks again lads, ha this thread might even encourage me to go all out and re join the gym - again I quit over lads seeing the scars when I am showering/changing

Not that I know what goes on in the men's changing room or anything :D but I would admire anyone I saw at the gym with visible scarring/injuries that was able & willing to work out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Say its from fighting wild animals..

In Ireland?

Man eating fox? Carnivorous rabbit?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I have a similar scar on my chest from heart surgery too. Had it since I was a baby.

And yes it is true. Chicks dig scars*

*provided you get into the situation where you are topless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

In Ireland?

Man eating fox? Carnivorous rabbit?
    Grey squirrel!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

chargerman wrote: »

It takes a while to get used to your scar. You become used to it though, and as it fades you forget about it.

I got a lovely tattoo from Thailand on my foot and ass. :rolleyes: I was quite paranoid people were looking at it all the time (well, the one on my foot!). Used to it now though, no-one looks.

Just say the magician's trick went arseways.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Anybody that doesn't want to go out with somebody because they have a scar on their chest or back or some **** is a ****ing moron and isn't worth being around.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

smash wrote: »
    Grey squirrel!

Shít just got real.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

I always make up insane stories to explain where I got certain scars from. "Well, let me tell you, that's a day that no-one in the library will ever forget! We've still never figured out where the bear even came from, but there I was, in the romance aisle, with nothing but a Barbara Cartland and my knowledge of the dewey decimal system to protect me."

Normal people won't mind the scars, and will be concerned more than anything. If you're very worried about longer term looks, and can afford it, Crème de la Mer is very good (but with a price tag to make your eyes water).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

Tell her.......I'll show you mine if you show me yours......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Crasp

don't mind those bio-oil or other things, they won't touch a scar. Or at least they are not proven to, I should say.

most scars heal pretty well and I've never known anyone in my whole life who would give a **** about someone elses scar. we all have scars from sometihng or other, just cos you's is a little bigger it shouldn't make a difference, no need to be self conscious imo. Is it a clean surgical scar or was it a traumatic wound? A surgical scar should fade fairly well!

Advertisement