Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Strava A/R Club

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭fredo1664

Boards.ie taking over Strava one 'me too' at a time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭scheister

just started using strava myself in the last few week and came across this thread today so joined as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

Anyone else having trouble in uploading new activities today? It has been queued for ages

viperlogic wrote: »
    Anyone else having trouble in uploading new activities today? It has been queued for ages

your not alone there it failed to pick up one of my runs so i had to manually upload it and its still stuck in the que

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

"Our apologies for the upload issues to the Strava website during the past few hours! If you attempted to upload to Strava and received a “queued” message, or your upload appeared to be stuck while processing, we’ve now fixed the problem. Your uploads should be processed automatically by the system as we get back up to full speed (within the next hour or so). Other activity processes such as editing or sharing may also have been slow during this time, but should now improve quickly.
    Thanks for your patience while we addressed these issues! "

https://strava.zendesk.com/entries/51539434-August-3rd-Upload-Issues

Same problem here...latest update above..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Mine just went through there after being in the que for a time :)

FYI, Strava now syncs from Garmin. No need for manual uploading or using a service like CopyMySports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 RenegadeDisco

You should check out 'veloviewer. com'. Provides greater breakdown of your Strava runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭crisco10

You should check out 'veloviewer. com'. Provides greater breakdown of your Strava runs.

More data analysis....really? oh go on!

Oh sweet jeebus, there goes the rest of the day anyways!

• Advertisement

Another excellent site for Strava users is SNAP (Strava Needs a Polish) http://strava-tools.raceshape.com/snap/

It's for when you have a route gone a bit wonky due to poor GPS and needs some fixing. Excellent tool. It's by a Strava employee

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

dublin runner is some man...12 runs in already and it only Wednesday! No wonder you have sped up so fast! ;)

317490.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

Yeah he's some man alright, started a new activity for each 1km rep on the track last night, he's a garmin neanderthal :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

Back off, ha! Ok, I made a mistake!!! I messed up the last time so I wanted to make sure. I now know how to use the bloody thing......technology, heh :pac:

haha sorry DR you're getting an awful hard time, you do know this will never be forgotten though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

jebuz wrote: »
    haha sorry DR you're getting an awful hard time, you do know this will never be forgotten though

When I waltz by you at mile 22 in October you can remind me again........

(He bites back :eek:!)

Ouch!! this cat's got claws, new spat thread? (note to self: start way behind DR in October)

Regarding the ability to suggest races to Strava, I found this (I still cannot post links sorry): https: //strava.zendesk.com/entries/52311810-Feedback-for-Featured-Running-Races

was looking at my times on strava today and they seem a bit off in two places. Would i be correct to think that strava only looks at moving time so if i stop to take a drink for 20 seconds this is not included in my time when i upload and is their any way to turn this off

Strava displays your "moving time", not the total time, unless you tag the activity as a race. From their blog (http ://blog.strava.com/run-activity-page-updates-and-improvements-6500/):

Elapsed Time: For all runs that are NOT tagged as “Races”, we now filter resting time out of both pace analysis and the overview chart. “Races” will continue to show all elapsed time including resting, since races are a competitive effort. Segment efforts will also continue to display elapsed time.

In the overview of an activity, they display the elapsed time, just below the elevation.

• Advertisement

thanks fredo1664 but annoying then looks like it will be back to garmin connect for me for my longer runs so

I've edited my post to say that they still display the elapsed time in the overview of an activity... in small print!

Strava support have posted a new form to request new races (I still cannot post a link...) : http: //tinyurl.com/myuqzqf

Some of you may want to request the Dublin Marathon ;-)

For those interested in the feature, it actually works. I've requested the Istanbul Marathon (via the last link I posted) and they added it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Requested DCM there.

Now to sign up for it, never done it before :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Advertisement