Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Soo, we've got a leak!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Forgive my confusion, but what rubber runs along the roof of the car from the windscreen to the back window?

Either way, I'd be concerned as to why there's a crack, hairline or not, in the roof structure. That alone should warrant further investigation.
    Me thinks the hair line crack is more a lack of seam sealer between the two welded panels rather than an actual crack in the structure. This is just my guess of course :)
    slimjimmc wrote: »
    Forgive my confusion, but what rubber runs along the roof of the car from the windscreen to the back window?
    As for this part of your question, some cars have two strips that run along each side of the roof from the back screen to the front screen to conceal where the roof of the car is welded to the side structures, this area in some cases would also act as a drain for the rain water coming off the roof. The strips that conceal these areas are in most cases made from plastic rather than rubber.

Advertisement