Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What the f**king f**k is going on with Implanon?!?

Options
  • 07-02-2013 6:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi everyone, I've been scanning the implanon threads but can seem to find the answers to my questions. I have had the bar for 2 years now and haven't had an extreme side effects like weight gain or mood swings. However I was under the impression when getting it that it would stop my periods completely. I still get periods or spotting, usually a day or two after sex OR when I am going through an emotional or stressful time eg I got a period when I split up with the bf and also when I emigrated. I wonder do I have spotting after sex because it can be such an emotional thing or is that a physical side effect. Has anyone else experienced this? I am more curious than worried. Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭blueturnip

I am on my second round of it now, so about 5 years. I still get my period every now and then. But like you it only last a day or two and is never regular.

It usually decides to come along when I am going on holidays or other inconvenient times!

This is the only bad point about it for me, I can't time when it will be, although I suppose it's not that much of a disruption. No other side effects for me.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

We can't give medical advice here. Please consult your doctor if you are having issues.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement