Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When people get to Gazza's state??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

GRMA wrote: »
    Remember he showed up with the larger and the chicken during the Moat thing when your man went on a rampage?
    it was fish an chips an a can o newcastle brown ale ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

If you read his book, Gazza has had mental problems from an early age.

Now, with the lack of football and adulation, he really doesn't have a focus in life. I just hope he can fully focus on getting through this.

An addictive personality, an over-eagerness to please and the knowledge that he is yesterday's hero is taking it's toll, sadly.

He also admitted that he actually drank himself into alcoholism and wasn't much of a drinker in his playing days, particularly at the outset.

While George Best appeared to be a 'happy' drunk (if you can say that), with Gazza it's the opposite.

As a Rangers supporter, I loved watching Gazza. He lit up Scottish football, was part of a fantastic 9-in-a-row team and gave us moments we'll always remember.

The so-called agent who dragged him out to a public function in that state is an absolute disgrace and should be ashamed of himself.

It's all very, desperately, sad and I hope he can somehow get over this.

Good luck bonny lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

His agent ,Baker, said that they tried to get him to not go on stage last thursdsy but there was no talking to him.

I do feel sorry for Gazza.It seems to me that he does not have the emotional intelligence or maturity to get to grips with his life and reality. I don't know if Jimmy five bellies is still on the scene but those types of hangers on were leeches.
    He is looking fatter these days so perhaps he solved that bulimia problem that he had. He looked very skinny for a few years there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Couldn't watch that clip for more than 20 seconds, truly horrific.

As for gazza, I don't really have any sympathy for him, I always thought he came across very poorly in interviews or public appearances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

dd972 wrote: »
    You always have to be a bit skeptical with this sort of tabloid coverage, he was pissed and worse for wear like millions of people across the four nations on a Saturday night, the next day he'd have been sober again, it's just that when you see 'GAZZA NEAR THE END' in big black inch high letters they're usually just trying to sell their 'newspapers'.

If you look at the video he is not just a bit worse for the wear like millions of people. He has clearly been on the beer for a prolonged time, he is shaking uncontrollably, sobbing and confused, face and eyes puffed and bloated. He has himself poisoned and his nervous system is in some sort of withdrawals or the like. It looks like he hasn't given his body a break in a while.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

He has checked in to some clinic in the US for treatment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭bluewhitehoops

The British media need to leave him alone, no chance of that happening!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

scudzilla wrote: »
    I feel very strongly against alcoholism

I have no idea what this means.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

He has had treatment at a clinic in Arizona before.

Hopefully this will do him the world of good - permanently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

scudzilla wrote: »
    I feel very strongly against alcoholism, and anybody sucked into it, it's hit people close to me very hard. For someone who had chance after chance to get straight, and to carry on pouring it down his neck, i couldn't give a damn.

Heartless, maybe, realistic, most definitely

I'm sorry that alcoholism has affected people you care about and I'm not denying that is true at all

However, you still know absolutely nothing about alcoholism if your attitude is that if you have tons of money you can buy the best care there is and that's that.

It doesn't work like that my friend. I get the impression you know people who are still affected by alcoholism. If I gave you a million euro right now to help them that doesn't necessarily mean they would stay off the drink.

• Advertisement

Since this story was published?

I hope this is the time that works. Poor guy is in a very sad state and its getting very close to being too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

More bad news about Gazza, he's been sectioned and placed on an emergency detox program. You can't help but think he's not got long left in him. God love that man and his family http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/other-soccer/fears-for-gazza-as-former-footballer-placed-on-emergency-detox-30692235.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

If smugfaces like Michael Owen or Gary Lineker had 20% of his problems and Gazza had 80% of their stability, it'd be a far fairer deal.

It's amazing how some people are trouble / controversy free zones from the cradle to the grave and then you get another character like John Terry who all the Gazzaesque stuff happens to and yet he seems to slope through it all impervious to everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

More bad news about Gazza, he's been sectioned and placed on an emergency detox program. You can't help but think he's not got long left in him. God love that man and his family

That can't be him in the photo! :eek: Not only does it not look like him, but it looks like a man twice Gazza's age.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Its Only Ray Parlour

Tarzana2 wrote: »
    That can't be him in the photo! :eek: Not only does it not look like him, but it looks like a man twice Gazza's age.

You'd think he on meth from that picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭dmc17

Tarzana2 wrote: »

That's him unfortunately. Almost looks like a rubber mask. People trying to help him but it isn't working.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,126 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I think he is beyond help at this stage. He has been to detox and rehab many times. As well as his addiction he is obviously very mentally ill. His body and brain must be very damaged after all these years of severe alcohol abuse.

I just looked up how old he is, can't believe only 47. He looks at least 60 in that recent pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭muddypaws

dd972 wrote: »
    If smugfaces like Michael Owen or Gary Lineker had 20% of his problems and Gazza had 80% of their stability, it'd be a far fairer deal.

I think thats really unfair, people deal with things in different ways. Lineker had a very sick child when he was still playing, so he has had problems to deal with.

Being a Spurs supporter living in London with a season ticket, I saw Gazza play a lot, always admired him and am so saddened by what is happening to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

GRMA wrote: »
    Remember he showed up with the larger and the chicken during the Moat thing when your man went on a rampage?

I know what's happening to him is awful, but that was one of the most hilarious and surreal things I've ever seen reported

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Very sad to see anyone in that state.
    Tbh it's a miracle he is still alive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

Holy ****.

I haven't seen a photo of him since the Raoul Moat business...good god, he's gotten so much worse. He's actually hard to recognise. Poor bloke. Seems a lost cause like Georgy Best.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭mattser

muddypaws wrote: »
    I think thats really unfair, people deal with things in different ways. Lineker had a very sick child when he was still playing, so he has had problems to deal with.

Being a Spurs supporter living in London with a season ticket, I saw Gazza play a lot, always admired him and am so saddened by what is happening to him.

Well said. Not gone on JTmyself, but to have a go at the other two, because they behaved themselves, and are very successful, is sour.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,896 ✭✭✭✭anewme

So very sad to see someone slowly deteriorate like that. He's only a couple of years older than me and he looks like a 90 year old man.

I feel sorry for his family and friends, who have tried to help him many times, only for him to self destruct yet again.

It would be great to see him turn his life around, but sadly I fear it's not to be. It's clear Paul has mental health issues and as the saying goes, he's more to be pitied than laughed at.

People can say he has a lot to be thankful for, but like everyone else in those situations it's clear he's been bitten by the black dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

I know what's happening to him is awful, but that was one of the most hilarious and surreal things I've ever seen reported

Yeah. I always got the image of the police chief hearing about Gazzas arrival, looking stern faced before stating: "Let him through".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭dmc17

Looking a bit better for the festive season

https://twitter.com/lindsay_rg/status/549297638517268481/photo/1

That's actually brilliant to see. Whatever about what he's done if anyone's seen someone go through what he's been through they wouldn't wish it on anyone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

I have him in the 2015 celebrity death list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

Tugboats wrote: »
    I have him in the 2015 celebrity death list.

Snap.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,776 ✭✭✭SeanW

Classy.

• Advertisement

Well that's just lovely.

Advertisement