Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPL 2013

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

This IPL has been amazing. So many close games already and most of them involved RCB.

Finally good to see us having some luck in tight games but tbh we should have won it easily. AB De run out changed the game..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    This IPL has been amazing. So many close games already and most of them involved RCB.

Finally good to see us having some luck in tight games but tbh we should have won it easily. AB De run out changed the game..

You need runs from someone outside the top 3, not sure where they are going to come from. Agarwal is ok, but crude, Kartik is in poor form and the tail is awful. Mc Donald hopefully will step up, he is a very underrated player, but I wouldn't be shocked to see Christian back next game.:(

Rjd2 wrote: »
    You need runs from someone outside the top 3, not sure where they are going to come from. Agarwal is ok, but crude, Kartik is in poor form and the tail is awful. Mc Donald hopefully will step up, he is a very underrated player, but I wouldn't be shocked to see Christian back next game.:(

We need one batsman. Pujara is injured, with him in the team we can play him as opener and Agarwal in the middle order.

With the squad we have, I think best thing to do is play Dilshan as these all rounders are not really good with the ball. Play Vinay Kumar, Unadkat, Murali Karthik/Syed, Rampaul/Murali and RP singh so that we will have at least decent batting line up with good bowling.

Wouldn't mind Vettori in the place of McDonaldo. At least he can bat and bowl.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    We need one batsman. Pujara is injured, with him in the team we can play him as opener and Agarwal in the middle order.

With the squad we have, I think best thing to do is play Dilshan as these all rounders are not really good with the ball. Play Vinay Kumar, Unadkat, Murali Karthik/Syed, Rampaul/Murali and RP singh so that we will have at least decent batting line up with good bowling.

Wouldn't mind Vettori in the place of McDonaldo. At least he can bat and bowl.

Don't rate Pujara in 20/20 sadly.

Mumbai really have to ask why are they opening up with two has beens every game? Ponting has never gave a damn about 20/20, as he has hardly played it over his career and Mumbai for reasons unknown go and sign him and make him captain. Lunacy.
    Rohit is a bit pointless in tough chases, and Rayudu looks totally clueless.

Gayle is the best T20 batsman ever. What a player. The best innings I have seen in a T20.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Chris Gayle was unbelievable today. Reminded me of Viv Richards destroying the England bowling in an ODI in 1984.

LOL at RP Singh, what a useless bowler!:D

Watching Bangalore v Mumbai, RP Singh is so bad its unreal. :D

Pune are so bad, Dinda especially what a truly useless excuse of a bowler!!!!:P

Is Dinda the worst bowler to ever play for India ?

What a mug!

Moaning to the umpire now after Henriques smashed him, not his fault you are useless fella.

LOL

The mug Dinda is bowling the final over, this is always good for a laugh, go on you mug disgrace yourself for my amusement!:D

EDIT....Went for 28. actually not a bad effort from him to be fair! Although what a mismatch ABDV v Dinda!!!

• Advertisement

Is Dinda the worst bowler to ever play for India ?

No. Mohanty and Harvinder singh will take that place for sure. Clueless bowlers.

David Miller take a bow son:)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

David Miller take a bow son:)

Watched IPL for the first time last night, after following(ish) Ashes matches and previous WCs. It truely was some amazing batting from Miller.

Currently have Mumbai Indians v Kolkata Knight Riders, great catch form Morgan right on the boundary towards the end of Mumbai Indians innings, hopefully he can perform some of that great batting I have heard/read now. Will be watching again tomorrow night if ITV4 have a match on.

irish-stew wrote: »
    Watched IPL for the first time last night, after following(ish) Ashes matches and previous WCs. It truely was some amazing batting from Miller.

Currently have Mumbai Indians v Kolkata Knight Riders, great catch form Morgan right on the boundary towards the end of Mumbai Indians innings, hopefully he can perform some of that great batting I have heard/read now. Will be watching again tomorrow night if ITV4 have a match on.

Morgan failed with the bat, to be fair he has done well this campaign, just not many others have.

Tomorrow's/Todays! game is Chennai vs Sunrisers, could be fun indeed.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭B1gft

Do you really think Morgan has done well. I dont think so. Saw him have 2 ok sessions thats it. I would be surprised if He is back next year for kkr.

B1gft wrote: »
    Do you really think Morgan has done well. I dont think so. Saw him have 2 ok sessions thats it. I would be surprised if He is back next year for kkr.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2013/engine/records/batting/most_runs_career.html?id=7720;team=4341;type=tournament

Not been amazing, but scored the 2nd most runs for the team and overshadowed quite a few players. If I was a KKR fan I would be more annoyed with the likes of Pathan Tiwary and especially Kallis for contributing **** all.

Morgan will be fine if KKR don't want him, highly rated in 20/20.

Kallis all rounder Morgan only has the batting and todays match proved again he is not playing well. Also they moved him up the batting order like itv were saying should happen but it made no differance. Agree with you about Pathan has not scored over 50 for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭dirtyden

B1gft wrote: »

I felt he has done very well this year overall. He has scored consistently enough. He has come in a number of times with a lot of pressure on and delivered big innings. The rest of his team has underperformed particualrly their top order. He has gone out cheaply a couple of times but in almost every innings he has come in with his team under a lot of pressure.

Bangalore maybe you should sign some decent bowlers for a change instead of relying on emdiocre all rounders and Indian duds like Vinay, Unadakt, RP Singh and Zaheer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

booth70 wrote: »
    The interminably long IPL this year like all years will be all about who plays CSK in the final;)

See.....what did I tell you......

Perhaps next year they should give CSK a bye direct to the final and let the other teams battle it out......that way we might have an IPL that doesn't go on forever;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

CSK 39/6 chasing 149

End of CSK in this year's final and given whats been happening last few days probably the end of CSK as a franchise as well:(:(

C'mon Dhoni:(

booth70 wrote: »
    CSK 39/6 chasing 149

End of CSK in this year's final and given whats been happening last few days probably the end of CSK as a franchise as well:(:(

C'mon Dhoni:(

What happened the last few days with CSK? Please do not tell me they are involved with the betting scandal.

Advertisement