Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is rollercoaster.ie no more?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

kowloon wrote: »
    What is rollercoaster.ie exactly?
    It is a place to discuss how your DH interacts with your DD and DS but not mention your MIL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

It is a place to discuss how your DH interacts with your DD and DS but not mention your MIL.

This is why we don't allow all that shít in the parenting forum here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

At least MIL is just short for mother-in-law, but fecking DH (darling husband), DD (darling daughter) and DS (darling son). I think the D is for darling anyway, or maybe dearest. And placed in sentences like "DS is starting school this September" and numbers for the children according to age ranking: "DD2 [translation: our younger son] has a tummy bug."

Are they not embarrassed...?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Madam_X wrote: »
    At least MIL is just short for mother-in-law, but fecking DH (darling husband), DD (darling daughter) and DS (darling son). I think the D is for darling anyway, or maybe dearest. And placed in sentences like "DS is starting school this September" and numbers for the children according to age ranking: "DD2 [translation: our younger son] has a tummy bug."

Are they not embarrassed...?!

Fùck me! This is definitely one for the "obvious things you only just realised" thread, but it's like a whole new world has been opened up to me!

I've heard of MIL and OH, but the DH, DS, etc (Anyone else think of Nintendo? A DSi being a darling son infant? /gets coat :D), that's just too much altogether! :pac:

And here I was thinking I'd had it up to my eyeballs with the whole "OH, partner, life partner, WE're pregnant" crowd!

Christ I hope those acronyms never catch on! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

Yes, thought of DS as games console and DD as bra size.

Presumably there's no DW (darling wife) because any man who'd write that... is not a man!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Fùck me! This is definitely one for the "obvious things you only just realised" thread, but it's like a whole new world has been opened up to me!

I've heard of MIL and OH, but the DH, DS, etc (Anyone else think of Nintendo? A DSi being a darling son infant? /gets coat :D), that's just too much altogether! :pac:

And here I was thinking I'd had it up to my eyeballs with the whole "OH, partner, life partner, WE're pregnant" crowd!

Christ I hope those acronyms never catch on! :(

Practically every other site (women's sites and parenting sites) have been taken over by these things... WOL, rollercoaster, Magicmum etc.

Madam_X wrote: »
    Yes, thought of DS as games console and DD as bra size.

Presumably there's no DW (darling wife) because any man who'd write that... is not a man!!!

I missed the DD (brain in slow mo tonight, the pervert in me will never live that down! :D), but I watched ten minutes of Supernanny one morning, I could only watch ten minutes of it, because the guy on it, well, there's being in touch with your feminine side, and then there's just being a blubbering emotional mess when your kid finally stops behaving like Damien! :pac:

January wrote: »

Practically every other site (women's sites and parenting sites) have been taken over by these things... WOL, rollercoaster, Magicmum etc.

Thankfully I stopped reading iVenus (can't remember was it dot com or dot ie) years ago! :D

My wife watches all the celebrity goss (dross!) on E! and that's where I heard that "WE'RE pregnant" when Giuliana Ransic was on the phone to her mother! I near did a double take on the spot wondering "What's this WE business??" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Cm is a good one; either cervical mucus or childminder depending on which board you're on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I always read DH as dickhead, DS as departed sibling and DD as bra size.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Scaramanga 4

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Doesn't really deserve a thread bump, closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement