Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Saturday Night Show - February 2nd, 2013 @ 9:45pm

Options
  • 02-02-2013 2:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭

Here's this week's line-up and it ain't looking too promising.

Michael Healy-Rae is doing the rounds this week, he was on Midweek with Colette Fitzpatrick on Wednesday night. The Healy-Rae's are loving all the attention they're getting from their mad-cap drink driving proposal. These lads should be working for Terry Prone's Communication's Clinic, they certainly know how to get the media's attention.

And what the hell is Dr. Eva Orsmond doing on the show only a few weeks after the contestants? They could have invited her on the same night as the contestants. We're in serious danger of overdosing on Operation Transformation at this stage, the contestants are on the John Murray Show once or twice a week, the television programme is on Tuesday and Wednesday nights and Brendan has plugged it in two programmes :rolleyes: I'm so depressed by the line up I might have to comfort eat my way through it :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Coming up on the show this week, Michael Healy Rae will be in to discuss his opinion on the controversial drink driving proposal for rural Ireland, anarchic

Wildman, actor and comedian Keith Allen will be in to tell us about his rollercoaster life and what he's up to now.

Author Sarah Harte will be discussing her second novel "Thick and Thin" which is a powerful account post Celtic Tiger Ireland and the fate of people who gambled and lost.

Three athletes who are part of the first ever Team Ireland to take part in the Dwarf World Games this Summer will be in to tell us how they got involved in sports and what they think their chances are.

And Operations Transformation's Dr Eva Orsmond will be telling us what made her react so vehemently to one of the leaders on this week's show.

The Heathers will be performing their new single "Lions, Tigers, Bears".

http://www.rte.ie/tv/saturdaynightshow/thisweek.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I caught the last five minutes of Operation Transformation this week and saw a Finnish-sounding woman verbally abusing a slightly overweight person because they didn't lose enough weight. I presume that was Dr Eva Orsmond. She seemed like a complete [help me avoid getting banned by inserting a very bold word of your choice here].

• Registered Users Posts: 7,888 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Here's this week's line-up and it ain't looking too promising.

Michael Healy-Rae is doing the rounds this week, he was on Midweek with Colette Fitzpatrick on Wednesday night. The Healy-Rae's are loving all the attention their getting from their mad-cap drink driving proposal. These lads should be working for Terry Prone's Communication Clinic, they certainly know how to get the media's attention.

http://www.rte.ie/tv/saturdaynightshow/thisweek.html

Very good:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

RayM wrote: »
    I caught the last five minutes of Operation Transformation this week and saw a Finnish-sounding woman verbally abusing a slightly overweight person because they didn't lose enough weight. I presume that was Dr Eva Orsmond. She seemed like a complete [help me avoid getting banned by inserting a very bold word of your choice here].

Maybe Dr. Ava will get a taste of her own medicine by appearing on the Saturady Night Show (if there is any justice).

• Registered Users Posts: 81,280 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Healy-Rae, can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

That's actually not a bad line up. I'll Sky+ it....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I'll be glad to see the back of Operation Transformation. It's morphed into a low rent X Factor/soap opera this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

I'll be struggling with the Mad Hatter Raes......They are just plain embarrassing at this stage.

It's a flick on, flick off night I think ahead..........and as for that Dr. Eva savaging the girl over half a pound....I'd still be looking for the rest of my foot.....:(

Wild man Kieth is a new one on me!....

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

RayM wrote: »

I reckon it's a stunt to boost ratings. Same as the Bressie / Kian Egan Nonsense that went on last weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Dr. Eva let herself down very badly this week, there is absolutely no justification for the way she treated Charlotte.

If she speaks this way when she is on TV, I'd be worried about having a private consultation with her at one of her clinics :eek: If she continues with this approach she will lose lots of clients to the likes of Weight Watchers and Unislim.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

Dr. Eva let herself down very badly this week, there is absolutely no justification for the way she treated Charlotte.

If she speaks this way when she is on TV, I'd be worried about having a private consultation with her at one of her clinics :eek: If she continues with this approach she will lose lots of clients to the likes of Weight Watchers and Unislim.

felt so sorry for charlotte, i to only caught the end of that piece, she lost 3 and half pound and BIG GOB ruined it for her. hope she be ok as in her mind set is not put of. argh the horror of weight watchers or worse unislim.

• Advertisement

The even more worrying thing is that I heard on the radio that Operation Transformation are actively encouraging both primary and secondary schools to take part - I really don't think that this is appropriate for a young (or any age) child to follow.

cats.life wrote: »
    felt so sorry for charlotte, i to only caught the end of that piece, she lost 3 and half pound and BIG GOB ruined it for her. hope she be ok as in her mind set is not put of. argh the horror of weight watchers or worse unislim.

Put into context - put 3 and a half pounds of butter on a table - that is not a little amount by any means and it is a good achievement and one she should be proud of. There is far too much emphasis on the actual weight loss and not enough emphasis on enjoying a healthier lifestyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,760 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Noswaith dda!

Congratulations to Ireland...you and your jammy backheel flicks! :pac:

Noswaith dda!

Congratulations to Ireland...you and your jammy backheel flicks! :pac:

:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

cofy wrote: »
    Put into context - put 3 and a half pounds of butter on a table

I dont think that's a good idea.. Lock it away in a safe is the better option surely..

Evening all - good cigarette box joke.:D:D

Brendan looks like he's trimmed down a fair bit.. He must be buying the salads down at Mace ..

Shane McGowan's picture should just be on the ciggies end of story.

Brendan's copying Grahams intro with the pic's......

Ah fek off hag.

Boo...hiss!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I have a feeling this is going to be this type of interview

news-graphics-2006-_610542a.jpg

Eva is playing the victim.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Why the red scarf ? The dress is pink

Sigh must do better Eva

Doesnt seem like there are many people around tonight..

''Do you think that was a bit harsh?''

''Yes.''

That was a quick interview...next!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Viewing figures for OT will probably be up next week because of this. It's a win/win situation for RTE.

I was bullied..........

Pass the issues....sorry tissues............:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭dcmm

Eva's nervous, must be losing a lot of business.......

Brendan looks like he's trimmed down a fair bit.. He must be buying the salads down at Mace ..

He's 'sucking it in' in case he gets abuse from the Doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

How do people watch this? The father has it on now. Brendan O Connor is a clown.

• Advertisement

He's 'sucking it in' in case he gets abuse from the Doctor.

Lol, I'd hide from her myself............

Husband fell through a roof, I'd call CSI......:rolleyes:

Advertisement