Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dana White trinity college

Options
  • 29-01-2013 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭

Anyone got any idea about this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,432 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

He's coming here Feb 16th.
    He said he'll go to a pub nearby and buy a load of drinks. Best thing to do, if you were interested, would be to hang around town that day and keep an eye on his Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

ill say he will land blacked out van straight to trinity and back to the air field! hopefully you can get into trinity

• Registered Users Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Any word on this? What is the deal in Trinity?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,754 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

Maybe to watch the Judo intervarsities which Trinity are hosting this year on the 16th, who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,432 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

CoderDozer wrote: »
    Maybe to watch the Judo intervarsities which Trinity are hosting this year on the 16th, who knows.
    He's receiving an award from Trinity.
    Most likely an honourary degree of some sort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

From what I hear (through the grapevine) he'll be welcomed by demands to sign Conor McGregor.
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Ray Mond

From what I hear (through the grapevine) he'll be welcomed by demands to sign Conor McGregor.
    ;)
    Most certainly

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 43 BJJ_Expert

Speaking via MMAFighting.com, Dana said:

“I’m receiving an award at Trinity College. When I go over there I’m going to tweet (the fans) so they can come and kick my arse. The fans have been terrorising me to bring an event, I’ll buy you all a drink in a pub to apologise.”

When asked if the fans would be getting an event in 2013, White laughed it off saying: “I’ll have to get you two drinks

http://www.mmabay.co.uk/2012/12/27/dana-white-reveals-the-ufc-won%E2%80%99t-be-going-back-to-ireland-in-2013/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 43 BJJ_Expert

When he was here for UFC93 I remember seeing a clip of him in a taxi seeing the crowds entering to see the weigh ins and him saying why their was so many was because " that there's nothing to do in Dublin " !!!!! Ok it was probably a windup, but maybe if their's a question and answer session someone could ask him " Did you find anything to do in Dublin this time " ;):)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,917 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

BJJ_Expert wrote: »
    Speaking via MMAFighting.com, Dana said:

“I’m receiving an award at Trinity College. When I go over there I’m going to tweet (the fans) so they can come and kick my arse. The fans have been terrorising me to bring an event, I’ll buy you all a drink in a pub to apologise.”

When asked if the fans would be getting an event in 2013, White laughed it off saying: “I’ll have to get you two drinks

http://www.mmabay.co.uk/2012/12/27/dana-white-reveals-the-ufc-won%E2%80%99t-be-going-back-to-ireland-in-2013/

Even though he did actually say that ya may find it beneficial not to quote anything from that crap site, they more wrong than right and not well liked or respected in the mma community

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

scudzilla wrote: »
    Even though he did actually say that ya may find it beneficial not to quote anything from that crap site, they more wrong than right and not well liked or respected in the mma community

How many even like them

There site is banned as a source from Sherdog forums. Thats how much they are respected in mma.

unknown13 wrote: »
    How many even like them

There site is banned as a source from Sherdog forums. Thats how much they are respected in mma.

So much stuff about Mickey Pepper, who runs that site.

On one of the UFC's early London visits, he hung around the venue for a few days before, got talking to some UFC execs, told them his ma was really ill but loved UFC, and she'd love to meet the fighters. They arranged for her to go backstage before the fights and after weigh ins, with him of course.
    There was nothing wrong wit her at all, and she didn't know anything about UFC!! He'd done it so he could meet fighters :eek::eek:

I know that cos my mate won the UFC Fight club backstage comp and told me.

Also, none of the major gyms/fighters will touch him, he gets all his 'news' from other sites

A few years ago, can't remember who it was, but he broadcast a phone interview with a fighter, only problem was it wasn't the fighter, just a prank caller, he got some stick for that one

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Nate Quarry gave that site an interview and they spinned the hell out of it. Saying he was going to beat Anderson Silva well or something on those lines.

Didn't they sponsor wolfslair though or was that a rumor

Nate Quarry gave that site an interview and they spinned the hell out of it. Saying he was going to beat Anderson Silva well or something on those lines.

Didn't they sponsor wolfslair though or was that a rumor

That's the one, Nate Quarry, it wasn't him!!! They had to apologise to Nate.

They were affiliated, sort of, with Tapout and some other big brand, but got binned when Pepper suggested some journalist gave blow jobs to win an award!!

And yeah, they sponsored Wolsflair but they binned them too when it was clear they were a laughing stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,164 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

scudzilla wrote: »
    And yeah, they sponsored Wolsflair but they binned them too when it was clear they were a laughing stock.

I dunno, they seem pretty suited in that case :)

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭wow exuberant

How many even like them

Benoco?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Carvin

I'll keep an eye out for him around Trinity that day.

Any sources on the award he's been given or what he'll be doing? Other than him saying he'll be here.

Also the post suggests no UFC event here this year :\

emailed tcd couldnt even boter to get back to me

but1er wrote: »
    emailed tcd couldnt even boter to get back to me

Just said on twitter be in dublin on Monday so the 11th or the 18th?

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭SevereMMA

Must be 18th in that case, because he is in London for UFC on 16th

Edit: or not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Looks like Monday the 11th from his last two tweets
    Irish fans, I will be in Dublin next Monday and Tuesday at Trinity College receiving the Gold Medal of Honor(pumped). Happy to c Ireland
    Then Tuesday night I fly to London and will be there the rest of the week for the Barao vs McDonald fight on @FUELTV excited for UK again!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 182 ✭✭magicherbs

I don't think the Gold medal of Honour exists. He is invited by the college Philosophical society to give an address. He is not receiving an honourary degree or title of any sort. Still fair play to him, it will be good craic, I'd buy him a pint if i met him.

magicherbs wrote: »
    I don't think the Gold medal of Honour exists. He is invited by the college Philosophical society to give an address. He is not receiving an honourary degree or title of any sort. Still fair play to him, it will be good craic, I'd buy him a pint if i met him.

It did sound like a Phil event but I didn't see it advertised. Must start reading those emails more often.

Carvin wrote: »

It did sound like a Phil event but I didn't see it advertised. Must start reading those emails more often.

Can anyone come along and attend? Would love to meet him again!

Can anyone come along and attend? Would love to meet him again!

If it is a Phil event then probably. Its technically only for members but they'd usually be signing some people up at the door. And they don't normally bother to check if you're a student or not.

I'll have a look around the place tomorrow for details.

https://www.facebook.com/TCDPhil/posts/536646166365841

Confirmation of why he's here and where.

Heavily debating in my head whether to wear one of my Xtreme Couture T-Shirts to this now...

Carvin wrote: »
    https://www.facebook.com/TCDPhil/posts/536646166365841

Confirmation of why he's here and where.

Heavily debating in my head whether to wear one of my Xtreme Couture T-Shirts to this now...

Yep I'm defo turning up now! With or without a card! Anyone know where the building is?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

I must see if my buddy, who is a security guard in TCD, can hook me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

They are now saying that Conor has not signed for the UFC, whats the odds they wanted to wait till this to announce it?!

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Advertisement

Yep I'm defo turning up now! With or without a card! Anyone know where the building is?

If you walk in the front arch and are facing the campanile (that big bell tower thing), walk forward and to the left and its the old darker looking building on the left when parallel with the campanile.

Just ask for the GMB (Graduate Memorial Building) if lost. There'll probably be a poster for Dana on the windows.

This one:

DUB%20Dublin%20-%20Trinity%20College%20Graduates%20Memorial%20Building%2001%203008x2000.jpg

Whether they're checking cards or not will depend on numbers. If they are it'd only be like a fiver to join any way.

Advertisement