Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Titles for atheists

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

"More cunning than a fox ShooterSF N.E.A"

(N.E.A stands for name extending acronym).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 65 ✭✭Wibbly Wobbly Wonder

Yours sincerely,

Mr. Wibbly Wobbly Wonder M.B.

Member of the Brights (and therefore an Intelligent Normal Rational Sane Scientific Human Being)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Just a slight change on 'Most Reverend':

The Most Revered Joseph Brand.

OR

His Level-Headedness?

Christians have given us another title already, 'Smart Arse' .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Hourglass Shrugged

Count Courageous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

The best a woman will attaind and that which she will mark all other men against!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Banbh

Learned is a good word - the Learned J. Soap and it can be abbreviated to the Lnd J.Soap.
    Usually I tick Dr or Prof or Other on forms but I might try Learned when I get the option.
    I've noticed that in Ireland people don't bother much about these titles, in keeping with our republican Constitution, but the English are obsessed with them.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Banbh wrote: »
    Usually I tick Dr or Prof or Other on forms but I might try Learned when I get the option.
    I usually pick the highest-status honorific that's available -- that's usually Dr or Professor, but I've been Lord, Judge and General too as the occasion permits.

This all worked fine until I had to submit some expenses to an Indonesian customer from a nearby hotel to whom I was Bishop Robindch. Never heard the end of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

robindch wrote: »
    I usually pick the highest-status honorific that's available -- that's usually Dr or Professor, but I've been Lord, Judge and General too as the occasion permits.

This all worked fine until I had to submit some expenses to an Indonesian customer from a nearby hotel to whom I was Bishop Robindch. Never heard the end of it!

Did he try to kiss your ring? :pac:

sorry - couldn't resist the obvious!

Advertisement