Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HDMI Is Awesome

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    And it looks terrible. All they do is blur a lower resolution image. You still aren't magically getting a 720p image.

4K is a massive jump in resolution from 1080p, if you upscale from 1080p the results aren't pretty. According to Digital Foundry's analysis of the new system specs and from talking to developers on PS4 Sony is aiming for 1080p 60FPS. There's no way the systems can handle 4K gaming with the lack of video RAM they have. It just isn't possible. You should check out their article on 4K gaming on PC. Even on the most powerful PC they had which far outclasses the next gen Xbox and PS4 they found it difficult to even get games to run in 4K and when they did there was severe framerate problems and they had to be run in medium settings (equivalent to current gen standards).
    True, 1080p is in camera sensor terms a 2 megapixel screen. 4k is an 8 megapixel screen. There's a bigger difference than some folk think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    4K is a massive jump in resolution from 1080p, if you upscale from 1080p the results aren't pretty

They are. They're very pretty. CES proved that to me, given the wealth of 4K TVs and the dearth of 4K media

• Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ozmo

HDMI for all devices for us - except....

On the 360 - Tried HDMI - but decided to go back to Component (5 wire RGB L/R) as the colours were much better - more vibrant - the XBOX HDMI colours were very flat and washed out in comparison?
    I dont think its the TV as we tried a PS3 with HDMI on that TV and that looked fine.

“Roll it back”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

COYVB wrote: »
    They are. They're very pretty. CES proved that to me, given the wealth of 4K TVs and the dearth of 4K media

Upscaling can only fill in so many blanks before the results start to look bad. Upscaling from 1080p to 4k doesn't mean your getting a 4k picture...it means its an upscaled 1080p picture in a 4k container.

EnterNow wrote: »
    Upscaling can only fill in so many blanks before the results start to look bad. Upscaling from 1080p to 4k doesn't mean your getting a 4k picture...it means its an upscaled 1080p picture in a 4k container.

I know what upscaling is

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

COYVB wrote: »
    I know what upscaling is

I never said you didn't, you seem to however be making the point that an upscaled image in a 4k container looks the same as a native 4k image

EnterNow wrote: »
    I never said you didn't, you seem to however be making the point that an upscaled image in a 4k container looks the same as a native 4k image

I'm not making that point at all, I'm making the point that that's exactly how it's going to be put across.

Advertisement