Advertisement
Private Profiles - an update on how they will be changing here
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.

J1 2013

• 27-01-2013 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 14 ✭✭✭ Katie28G

Hey!..
    Hope someone can help us!.. My friend and I are thinking about doing a J1 this summer! but have no idea where to go?. we have family in Chicago, New York and San fran but don't know if it will be a good idea go to a city? There's just the 2 of us so we wanna go were there will be lots of people!.. Any help at all will be appreciated!.. :) We know its getting late so we need to get booking!.. :)
    Thanks!..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭ Scar Tissue

Katie28G wrote: »
    Hey!..
    Hope someone can help us!.. My friend and I are thinking about doing a J1 this summer! but have no idea where to go?. we have family in Chicago, New York and San fran but don't know if it will be a good idea go to a city? There's just the 2 of us so we wanna go were there will be lots of people!.. Any help at all will be appreciated!.. :) We know its getting late so we need to get booking!.. :)
    Thanks!..

I think you answered your own question there Katie :p

It makes sense to go to one of the three places where you have family, could help you get set up with accomodation and/or jobs. I heard NY is quite expensive and more difficult to get jobs than other places.

I put down the deposit last night for Denver, first time going :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 ✭✭✭ Coco pop

Hi guys!
    Myself and a few friends are heading to San Diego this summer but we're worried about jobs/accommodation/drinking etc. Anybody have any past experiences to share? Thanks so much ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭ Civilian_Target

They're all great towns, but of the 3 you've mentioned, I'd recommend Chicago. NY is an expensive place to get started in, as is SF, and in both cases you'll likely be either paying a fortune in rent or suffering a long commute into the city for work.

Chicago is cheaper, but still has good public transport and a great nightlife.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ✭✭✭ Katie28G

Yeah we seem to be kinda going for Chicago!.. Thanks!.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ruairio

Anyone know a good spot on the East Coast??? If so, do you know of anywhere with cheap enough accommodation?! Me and 12 other lads at a loss as to where we should go!

• Advertisement
Advertisement