Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top Gear is back - Sunday 27th January

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Katunga

Racing Legends on BBC 2 now Colin McRea

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Katunga wrote: »
    Racing Legends on BBC 2 now Colin McRea

Brilliant stuff and i'm a fan of Ken Block :o

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭I8A4RE

Was'nt weird to watch top gear with now ads for halfords or go compare ads in between. Loved the How r ya and the P45

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

The Zonda looked like a spaceship sadly Hammond is crap at reviewing cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Your man in the Bentley was seriously impressive!

article-2268907-172FA07D000005DC-391_634x463.jpg

Top-Gear-Season-19-Episode-1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Robertr

Hammond is just crap full stop.

I hate the way he stands beside Jeremy when he is announcing the hot lap time and pretends to be all excited and not know what the lap time is.

He is a terrible actor or terrible at pretending to be a terrible actor. Either way, the show could do without him.

• Site Banned Posts: 60 ✭✭drumslate

advertsfox wrote: »

This was the best part of the show for me, thought it was excellent!

• Site Banned Posts: 12 ballyturtles

Hammond is TERRIBLE! I can't stand him. The Bentley was brilliant if only i had £150,000! P45 didn't really see the funny side... that new Zonda in my opinion isn't very nice and would have a Ferrari or Lambo over it anyday if I had the money!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

advertsfox wrote: »

article-2268907-172FA07D000005DC-391_634x463.jpg

Top-Gear-Season-19-Episode-1.jpg

Brings a whole new meaning to the phrase "never raced or rallied" in the used car adverts! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

To think that I am sharing a planet with people out there who can afford that Pagani at 800,000 sterling, only to be used once or twice around a track or along some high-street to show off, and then it gets put away for life as part of their collection.. it's a sobering thought...!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

flazio wrote: »
    Is it not as illegal to put a car like that on the motorway as it is here?
    Isnt the restriction:

>50cc
    Capable of >30mph

If so, then it is perfectly legal to go on a motorway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I thought the show last night was quite disappointing. The p45 segment wss funny for around 30 seconds after that it was just stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭I8A4RE

Were there legal issues involved as to why the tribute show to Colin McRae was aired weeks after the other 2 shows

• Registered Users Posts: 23,261 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I believe the bbc were going super safe on it and were afraid of any kickback due to the fact that he was directly responsible for all the deaths in his helicopter crash.
    Id say they edited it to add some additional info about the heli crash and clearly stating that he took risks in the chopper that caused the crash.

I dont see the issue myself but I guess if I was related to the people who died with him, I might not like to see him being painted as an all out hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Dord wrote: »
    I thought the show last night was quite disappointing. The p45 segment wss funny for around 30 seconds after that it was just stupid.

Judging by previous episodes, what were you expecting? I think overall it was good but I'd be interested to hear why you thought it was disappointing?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Max Power1 wrote: »
    Isnt the restriction:

>50cc
    Capable of >30mph

If so, then it is perfectly legal to go on a motorway
    Really?cos I thought Quad bikes (which it's based on) were banned. I'm sure if that thing turned up on the M50, you'd all start giving out yards once you'd finished laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Like 90% of all Top Gear fans i will continue to watch the shows but every now and again Clarkson and Hammond seem to take joy in being dickheads. They have gone up their own holes in the last few series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Not one of the best episodes but then it's TOP GEAR!! So even at it's worst it's 100 times better than most of the sh1te on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

I thought it was good enough, especially the P45 part. There were times I laughed out loud, he just looked so stupid at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭bobin fudge

found the p45 unfunny, drawn out and repeated once too many times. I dont mind top gear and prefer the slot to have more -we bought a car each for under 1k or an austin, bmw etc and drove them from here to there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,477 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

20:00 Tonight people

Series 19 Episode 2 of 7
    DURATION: 1 HOUR

The brand new series of the world's most popular car show continues with an epic road trip across the western side of the United States in three front-engined supercars. With Jeremy Clarkson in a Lexus LFA, Richard Hammond driving the new Dodge Viper and James May choosing the latest Aston Martin Vanquish a glorious soundtrack is guaranteed, as are furious arguments about which is best as the trio head from Las Vegas to Los Angeles and on to Palm Springs. Along the way, the three presenters take in racing circuits, airborne attacks and a race against the police before making a break for the Mexican border with a terrifying penalty for the last car to make it. Meanwhile, back in the studio, legendary Fleetwood Mac drummer Mick Fleetwood is the star in the Reasonably Priced Car.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Just watching a Fleetwood Mac hour on Vintage and wondering what had become of them.Guess I'll find out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Was a bit meh. Looks like they are stretching things out a bit this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I liked the Viper, disappointed with the Lexus not even a cup holder in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Cungi

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Poor episode, that Lexus looks like it was put together by Stevie Wonder. Awful looking yoke.

I dunno, i think it looks class but each to their own.
    I hate the £340,000 price tag though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Poor episode, that Lexus looks like it was put together by Stevie Wonder. Awful looking yoke.

Almost put you on the ignore list for that snap at the Lexus. :p
    I love it, if I won the lotto I'd be straight out to find one.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,033 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

James May certainly wasn't living up to his captain slow name tonight; some of his overtakes even I'd be a little hesitant to try and the missus is always giving out to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Cungi wrote: »
    I dunno, i think it looks class but each to their own.
    I hate the £340,000 price tag though :(

340k Sterling for a jumped up Toyota!?! :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

Disappointing episode :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Cungi

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    340k Sterling for a jumped up Toyota!?! :eek::eek::eek:

$445,000 for the Nurburgring version.

To be fair its not like Lexus fecked a 550bhp V10 into a Celica.
    But that kinda money is mental.

Advertisement