Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3.5mm Stereo USB Bluetooth Audio Music Receiver Adapter for PC Speaker - €5.03 [Ebay]

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭clonadlad

For some reason my laptop wont install the software needed. It pairs with the device fine and then it says it can't find the bluetooth device software or something like that. My phone is working fine with it though so it's set up properly. Anyone have a link to the software for this for windows 7?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭moonboy52

clonadlad wrote: »
    For some reason my laptop wont install the software needed. It pairs with the device fine and then it says it can't find the bluetooth device software or something like that. My phone is working fine with it though so it's set up properly. Anyone have a link to the software for this for windows 7?

I plugged mine into my PC, and i did not get the prompt that drivers were being installed.

The way i use it is the 3.5mm jack from my speakers is plugged into it and a usb cable plugged in charges it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,033 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

no drivers needed, only uses usb for power

any drivers needed would just be to do with bluetooth hardware in laptop which is seperate

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭LarWright

Current exchange rate works out at €4.72 delivered. Been looking for something like this to build into a pair if speakers I have. Pair them up with a little amp to make a nice "wireless" setup for the attic on the cheap. Just for background music. Would have preferred "AirPlay" but for less than a fiver, bluetooth will do!!! Happy days!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

I read there from a previous poster that this has a range of 5 metres...Has anyone got further? Wouldn't mind getting one if i could get a larger range.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Simi

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    I read there from a previous poster that this has a range of 5 metres...Has anyone got further? Wouldn't mind getting one if i could get a larger range.

Depends on the quality of the transmitting device. My old Samsung Galaxy S running cyanogenmod, was able to transmit through up to 2 walls and 10-15m if there was line of site. Of course the data transmission rate is reduced the further away you are, which makes the sound more compressed. Other phones only managed a few meters before they cut out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

so...anyone got one lying around that they never used?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭claytonie

Hi

I was looking for something similar a while back and got a few different ones as they all had issues where audio dropped out when the devices were more than a couple of meters apart. Eventually got this one from Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00B4XCHEY/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and its range is huge works from one room to the other and also has a rechargeable battery so you can turn any headphones wireless if needs be.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,965 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

zuroph wrote: »
    so...anyone got one lying around that they never used?? :)

Yes, you can have mine, the audio quality is crap.

I bought one to see how it compared with the main one I use which is below:

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/products/accessories/mw600/specifications/

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I have one as well and never used it much. Sound is brutal. I'll see if I can dig 'er out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Awesome, thanks lads, lemme know how much and I can transfer on Paypal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Logged onto Bargain Alerts
    Spotted item in OP
    Instantly bought 2
    Then copped date
    Then read rest of thread describing how shyte they are

FFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU !

typical :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,033 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

I haven't noticed any major problem with the sound quality (but I did add a new antenna to help a bit with the range)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

Nforce wrote: »
    Logged onto Bargain Alerts
    Spotted item in OP
    Instantly bought 2
    Then copped date
    Then read rest of thread describing how shyte they are

FFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU !

typical :D

I find mine pretty good, TBH. I have it plugged into my stereo upstairs and can walk around with my phone in my pocket and get no dropouts or glitches at all.

Advertisement