Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Office 2010 wont print keeps crashing

Options
  • 22-01-2013 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hey, just wondering if anyone had this problem before with Microsoft office
    2010 professional.

I created a file in excel 2010 the other day and the application froze and didn't print.
    Then I tried to print from word 2010 and it wouldn't print froze.
    Then I tried to print from outlook 2010 and it wouldn't print and froze.
    Then I tried to print for an internet explorer webpage and it wouldn't print.

I uninstalled office 2010 professional and reinstalled it - didn't work.
    I inserted the office 2010 disk again and used the repair option - didn't work.
    I uninstalled the antivirus software and restarted the computer - didn't work.
    Would any one have any solutions, would it be some sort of a corrupt file?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,568 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Do other applications print ok?

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Mr.Triffid

28064212 wrote: »
    Do other applications print ok?

Well I printed off the web I'll check other applications to print from today.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

try a different printer driver

pdfcreator on sourcefourge - print to a pdf file, then print the pdf from foxit or acrobat (also handy since they give you more options on page size / multiple pages and zooming than the first app)

If you can't print to it look at office
    If you can print to the pdf but printing then fails then look at the printer driver

usual stuff, make sure you have free disk space and check for malware

BTW reinstalling Office inherits broken settings, always has
    even remove all doesn't mean a clean install because it leaves so much clutter behind :mad:

Microsoft really need a button for office setup that says "really remove all the registry settings and dlls and other crap squirrelled about in nooks and crannies" as well as the existing button that means "remove all the very visible bits"

Advertisement