Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing Mint 14

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭200motels

One thing I forgot to ask, do I need an anti virus for it?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

No you don't (IMO). Just use the repositories to install your software and use some common sense (i.e. don't click links that you shouldn't) and you should be fine. I have never had antivirus on Linux and have no intention of ever installing it.

I need a bit of help as I can't figure out this problem, I've got two monitors and the one on the right the task bar is on it and I can't get it to go on my main screen, I've gone into settings for the monitor and made my main screen my default but the task bar still appears on the right hand screen, in Windows I know it's fairly simple and maybe it is in Linux but as I'm unfamiliar with it any help would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

200motels wrote: »
    I need a bit of help as I can't figure out this problem, I've got two monitors and the one on the right the task bar is on it and I can't get it to go on my main screen, I've gone into settings for the monitor and made my main screen my default but the task bar still appears on the right hand screen, in Windows I know it's fairly simple and maybe it is in Linux but as I'm unfamiliar with it any help would be appreciated.
    I had the same problem, in the end I just switched the DVI cables. There might be another way, but nothing I tried worked.

Adyx wrote: »
    I had the same problem, in the end I just switched the DVI cables. There might be another way, but nothing I tried worked.

My main screen is connected with a HDMI cable, the other a VGA one, so I don't know if that makes a difference.

• Advertisement

I figured out how to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,007 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I figured out how to do it.

It might help others with the same problem if you explain how ;)

It might help others with the same problem if you explain how ;)
    What I did was added a new taskbar to every corner of every screen then I deleted all the ones I didn't want which left me with the task bar on my main screen then I added the menu button and sound icon and a few other things, I hope that helps, it's a long way round the problem but it worked, I hoped I explained myself properly.

Advertisement