Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pointless Bus Lanes

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭highdef

Alias G wrote: »
    Regardless of whether or not the bus lane has been "commissioned", unless there is appropriate signage to indicate that it is not in use then drivers are presumably correct in travelling on the outside.

Actually, unless there is appropriate signage to indicate that it IS in use, then it is free to use by any vehicle. The very fact that the vast majority of people do not use the bus lanes during the times when they should do, proves just how many people do not pay attention to road signage.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭spatchco

have to agree if certain drivers cant read the road signs how do they survive on our roads,and on that subject if ther drivers used both lanes we would not have long lines of traffic

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Alias G

Thats a fair point. I was jumping to the conclusion that there were signs in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭spatchco

ali on that point the origional road i wrote about ballyboggin rd from broombridge to ratoath rd the only markings [signs] are on the road no signs, as no buses use that road ,but in the other cases from broadstone to monk place and ballymun road the signs are bus lane from 16.00 to 19.00 yet people still drive on the outside,some times i pull out what little hair i have

Advertisement